• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should illegal entry be punished by the death penalty?

DarkWizard12

Sir Poop A lot
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
I posit that illegally entering a country from the border is to be considered a form of subversion, as it contributes directly to social, and therefore political change, by which laws were broken to achieve. Logically then, it can be considered like treason, for which the penalty was death until the criminal justice act of 1990 made life in prison as the punishment. I think we should review this act, and eventually repeal it, to make it easier for the government to distribute justice for illegal entry, and all the heinous crimes that come with it.

I posit that illegally entering a country from the border is to be considered a form of subversion, as it contributes directly to social, and therefore political change, by which laws were broken to achieve. Logically then, it can be considered like treason, for which the penalty was death until the criminal justice act of 1990 made life in prison as the punishment for treason. I think we should review this act, and eventually repeal it, to make easier for the government to distribute justice for illegal entry, and all the heinous crimes that come with it.

You mean like Don the cons brothel owning illegal grandad?

I posit that illegally entering a country from the border is to be considered a form of subversion, as it contributes directly to social, and therefore political change, by which laws were broken to achieve. Logically then, it can be considered like treason, for which the penalty was death until the criminal justice act of 1990 made life in prison as the punishment. I think we should review this act, and eventually repeal it, to make it easier for the government to distribute justice for illegal entry, and all the heinous crimes that come with it.

Uh.....no.

That's absolutely absurd.

No.

If we would get serious about cracking down internally on things like working illegally and benefits provided to families with known illegal status that would help reduce the flow of people coming here looking for those things. Then we would be better equipped to deal with the border and the people crossing so we can do the humane thing and process them according to the law. I support the death penalty but only in the most heinous of crimes which I do not consider crossing a border illegally to be one.

No. The only time lethal force should be used is if there is a clear and present danger presented by illegal immigrants to the border guard or to the citizenry at large, i.e., an actual armed invasion or demonstration that illegal immigrants are engaging in terrorist activity. Short of that, nonlethal crimes should not be punished with lethal force nor by execution.

I think it is best to actually look up the definitions of words (subversion, treason, etc.) instead of using tortured logic to make connections that justify your contention.

LOL

Good luck with that

The death penalty is far too extreme. We should use this instead:

giphy.gif

Sure. Do that for all crimes. Littering would stop pretty fast

ummmmmmmmmmmm no

I think it is best to actually look up the definitions of words (subversion, treason, etc.) instead of using tortured logic to make connections that justify your contention.

If you look at what the writer is saying and then look at Trump's behaviors and statements, it very is likely that his behaviors could merit the death penalty. Think about that.

If you look at what the writer is saying and then look at Trump's behaviors and statements, it very is likely that his behaviors could merit the death penalty. Think about that.

Desperate to derail this topic much, are you?

I prefer to dismiss spin and nonsense, such as that which that writer gave us.

What a wussy suggestion, OP. We should blanket their country in thermonuclear explosions, leave 'em just one big glassy plane. That'll teach anyone to commit a crime here.

#ToughOnCrime
#LawIsLaw

Would you say that an American sharing a Russian produced meme on social media meant to sow discord and undermine a fair election process is also a form of subversion, as it contributes directly to social and therefore political change?

Would you say that an American sharing a Russian produced meme on social media meant to sow discord and undermine a fair election process is also a form of subversion, as it contributes directly to social and therefore political change?
"sow discord"

as chaotic as it may look, it should not be considered discord if people are using their constitutional rights to free speech, to voluntarily endorse the speech of another person/corporation/government/entity of any kind.

Now money COULD be regulated. if a government bribes another citizen to endorse said speech, than the transaction itself could be regulated/banned. but not the content of the speech itself.

Last edited:
"sow discord"

as chaotic as it may look, it should not be considered discord if people are using their constitutional rights to free speech, to voluntarily endorse the speech of another person/corporation/government/entity of any kind.

Now money COULD be regulated. if a government bribes another citizen to endorse said speech, than the transaction itself could be regulated/banned. but not the content of the speech itself.

If someone were to accept payment for doing this, would the death penalty be on the table for you?

Ok, so illegal entry to our country should be punishable by death due to your logic that the act in doing so is because they bring with them ideas and concepts that could possibly change American society and politics in a negative fashion. Still not sure how you can connect precepts of treason to people who are not citizens and are illegal immigrants, but I'll engage in suspension of disbelief for the sake of the argument.

If that is your logic, then you CAN accuse Americans of treason who engage in the social/political activities of the nations that the illegals are from. And if so, that means that the entire state of Texas is in a state of rebellion as most of them eat and enjoy Mexican food like a burrito.

Can you see why your suggestion is just plain, silly?

If someone were to accept payment for doing this, would the death penalty be on the table for you?

It would depend on many factors for that. If they're a hostile nation, and if we're at war, and if it affects military/lives etc. etc. If it's just some country like Taiwan, or Israel, or Canada, supporting or advocating for their trade interests, then definitly not, although the bribe itself would still be illegal.

It would depend on many factors for that. If they're a hostile nation, and if we're at war, and if it affects military/lives etc. etc. If it's just some country like Taiwan, or Israel, or Canada, supporting or advocating for their trade interests, then definitly not, although the bribe itself would still be illegal.

So then probably no death penalty for civilians of other countries coming into the country illegally and finding menial work in order to support their families back home, right?

And then anyone that hires them as well, death penalty, right?

So then probably no death penalty for civilians of other countries coming into the country illegally and finding menial work in order to support their families back home, right?

Only if they get passed border control.

And then anyone that hires them as well, death penalty, right?

while economic benefits would be attractive to mass illegal migration, it's only an indirect, not a direct, cause. Illegal immigration is caused by crossing the border illegally. That's the direct cause, and that's what should be punishable. The promise of a corporation hiring illegal employees is indirect. HOWEVER, any business that hires illegally should definitely be dissolved and the employers possibly be criminally charged.

No. The only time lethal force should be used is if there is a clear and present danger presented by illegal immigrants to the border guard or to the citizenry at large, i.e., an actual armed invasion or demonstration that illegal immigrants are engaging in terrorist activity. Short of that, nonlethal crimes should not be punished with lethal force nor by execution.

Yep. The pubishment should be weighed by the severity of the crime. Illegal entry is really comparable to a parking violation, thats all.

Back
Top Bottom