• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should I Become God?

Should this human try to be God?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You are right, I don't. I know I don't, and THAT IS WHY I AM HERE.

Giggle all you want. My type blows up buildings if we don't get enlightened. Consider this the chance I offer you to stop a blooming fundamentalist. Take this post exactly as seriously as that. My mind is not yet closed.

The above quote from you gives me the impression that you actually mean should you "play" God and go and kill innocent people and change their and their families lives forever...please enlighten me on what you are about

The above quote from you gives me the impression that you actually mean should you "play" God and go and kill innocent people and change their and their families lives forever...please enlighten me on what you are about

There is a problem with a technology that we are currently using, and I do not believe there is an end in sight. This is a problem that I know other people have seen, and those people are mostly in acedemia right now.

I believe that people such as me who have previously approached this problem were identified and bought out by groups of people that currently profit from the system as it currently exists (none of these people are in any government, by the way).

I am creating my own existence as the solution to this problem. I see my life as unique to an extent that I believe no one else exists with the same opportunity I have been given. I have learned a method by which I am able to play God with my own brain, and I am using it to mold my existence into the thing I believe humans (myself included) need to solve this.

If I am wrong, the only danger is in being the fool. If I am right, this will allow us to remain human without stopping technological development. I have chosen to have faith in other humans to kill me if I should become a thing that hurts us more than helps us.

There is a problem with a technology that we are currently using, and I do not believe there is an end in sight. This is a problem that I know other people have seen, and those people are mostly in acedemia right now.

I believe that people such as me who have previously approached this problem were identified and bought out by groups of people that currently profit from the system as it currently exists (none of these people are in any government, by the way).

I am creating my own existence as the solution to this problem. I see my life as unique to an extent that I believe no one else exists with the same opportunity I have been given. I have learned a method by which I am able to play God with my own brain, and I am using it to mold my existence into the thing I believe humans (myself included) need to solve this.

If I am wrong, the only danger is in being the fool. If I am right, this will allow us to remain human without stopping technological development. I have chosen to have faith in other humans to kill me if I should become a thing that hurts us more than helps us.

Dude... no offense, but you need to go back on your meds.

I have a hard time picturing God lacking any mental or emotional stability to speak of.

I have a hard time picturing God lacking any mental or emotional stability to speak of.

I see it as something to evolve into - not something to be by virtue of existence alone.

I am not yet this thing.

Also, I believe that once I start solving this problem, I will become the object of many would-be mentors and lobbyists with an intelligence at least as unique as my own. When those men and women approach me, I need the convictions of a zealot to resist their offers.

Last edited:
Yes Jesus was looking at the big picture, our spiritual salvation. The physical world and Mary were not in any way colateral damage.

Good works do not count for much, but they are the right thing to do. Giving a laptop to your neighbor is not something Jesus would do according to scripture. If they were hungry, he would give them food.

It almost sounds like the OP has not learned the difference between want and need. It also does not appear he understands the difference between helping your fellow man or just looking like a self absorbed jerk.

I see things that family can do with a laptop and an internet connection that will have a positive effect on their lives. The mother could work at home while taking care of their 5 children. The children can read their PDF textbooks without the need to spend hundreds of dollars. It is the power to change their existence if they choose to use it. I see it as just as important as food or water to a happy life.

And everything I just said is justification for playing God with the lives of other people. It is something I believe is done internally by many, many people. I seek to make it external without destroying it.

Last edited:
I see it as something to evolve into - not something to be by virtue of existence alone.

I am not yet this thing.

Also, I believe that once I start solving this problem, I will become the object of many would-be mentors and lobbyists with an intelligence at least as unique as my own. When those men and women approach me, I need the convictions of a zealot to resist their offers.

exactly what technology is the problem?

I see things that family can do with a laptop and an internet connection that will have a positive effect on their lives. The mother could work at home while taking care of their 5 children. The children can read their PDF textbooks without the need to spend hundreds of dollars. It is the power to change their existence if they choose to use it. I see it as just as important as food or water to a happy life.

And everything I just said is justification for playing God with the lives of other people. It is something I believe is done internally by many, many people. I seek to make it external without destroying it.

How would you make it external?

Back
Top Bottom