• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should hijabs be illegal to wear in the US?

Should the Hijab be banned in the U.S?

• Total voters
If she's vegan, yes. There is no sulfur in plant products thus no hydrogen sulfides in gas thus no smell. If there's a smell, she's getting animal product somewhere.

Does this qualify me as anti-woman?

If she's vegan, yes. There is no sulfur in plant products thus no hydrogen sulfides in gas thus no smell. If there's a smell, she's consuming animal product somewhere.

wait a minute! beans aren't animal products

No but I have a qustion... can I tell if my girlfriend has been cheating on me by the smell of her gas/fart?

Yes, but I can't tell you how in this part of the forum.

As much as those things suck we also allow KKK uniforms to be worn, and other such crap. Freedom of Speech is more important.

Yes, Freedom of Speech is important.
Not to derail, seems we are limiting the display of the confederate flag. The protection of free speech is not absolute.

Our country is changing, (and maybe not for the better). imo, many new people immigrating into the US are not assimilating into our culture. If a women wants to wear a hijab, I don't care. What is important is for immigrants to embrace our laws and way of life.

As much as I would love to say yes, there's this whole freedom thing, not to mention the constitution. Gotta say no.

I think it would be a symbolic and bold statement to ban women wearing hijabs in this country. Anytime I see a poor women in this country wearing a hijab, it angers me. The hijab represents oppression, bigotry and is insulting to wester civilization. Enacting such a law would send a defining message to the terrorists that their hatred won't be tolerated in this country. It could begin a brokerage of trust for Muslim women to assimilate to our culture and society instead of theirs.

What are your thoughts?

They have the right to wear whatever they damn well please. It aint none of our business. It their god given AMERICAN right to worship as their god, as they see fit.

wait a minute! beans aren't animal products

Beans cause gas but not smell; they don't have sulfur. Only animal products have sulfur. Smell is hydrogen sulfide (methane dissipates quickly and has very little smell). So if he can smell her fart, she's eating animal product somewhere. If she's vegan, that animal product is...

Honestly, they need to assimilate to our country or they are more than welcome to leave and go back to where they came from.

What about the Muslim-'Muricans that are born here? They've already pretty much assimilated into our society.

Does this qualify me as anti-woman?

Are you blaming me for your lack of clarity?

Listen, if she's vegan and her farts smell and she hasn't eaten you she's eating someone else. That's how you can tell if your girlfriend is cheating by her farts.

Are you ok with LEO's keeping track of someone because of their religion?

LEO. I hate that term. Reminds of NAZI's. As far as the Leo's keeping track, no not particularly unless they are involved in something they ought not. I am OK with joe citizen though, tracking them.

Schools would. Businesses wouldn't.

in some cases it would be unless the business can proffer a valid non-discriminatory reason to do so. it would be interesting. I can see someone apply to be a playboy bunny and suing when she is told NO HIJAB!!

What about the Muslim-'Muricans that are born here? They've already pretty much assimilated into our society.

I had a cabbie last night who drove me home from a bachelor party (I'M RESPONSIBLE) who was clearly from a Muslim part of the world and he was listening to, and singing along with, Biggie.

LEO. I hate that term. Reminds of NAZI's. As far as the Leo's keeping track, no not particularly unless they are involved in something they ought not. I am OK with joe citizen though, tracking them.

What's wrong with it. It's shorthand for Law Enforcement Officer, which covers anything from Barney Fife to the Bureau.

Probably on jihad, just trying to fool you.
I had a cabbie last night who drove me home from a bachelor party (I'M RESPONSIBLE) who was clearly from a Muslim part of the world and he was listening to, and singing along with, Biggie.

Wow. How much more un-American can you get, Bucky?

We have seen the confederate flag banned at cemeteries. You can use the same reasoning. The hijab is a much more hateful symbol than the confederate flag. It isn't even close.

Probably on jihad, just trying to fool you.

"On jihad" sounds like "on vacation."

"Sorry, can't come into work tomorrow. I took a jihad day."

What's wrong with it. It's shorthand for Law Enforcement Officer, which covers anything from Barney Fife to the Bureau.

I don't know if you remember, or not, I don't know how old you are, but when I was much younger they weren't called LEO's they were called peace officers. Its a much different mentality than it used to be. I prefer the old way. The emphasis was on keeping the peace, not nearly so much enforcing the law. Different times I guess.

We have seen the confederate flag banned at cemeteries. You can use the same reasoning. The hijab is a much more hateful symbol than the confederate flag. It isn't even close.

FEDERAL cemeteries, Bucky. You can still fly the Confederate Flag all you want, wave it in the streets, wear it on your shirt, or even put one in your yard, but it just can't be flown on federal land/buildings.

But back to the actual issue: what you are saying IS anti-American inherently, because banning Muslim women from wearing hijabs is a violation of their 1st Amendment Rights.

Do you not understand that you'd be violating their Constitutional right to practice their religion freely?

I get the feeling some Americans wouldn't mind putting them in concentration camps. Just sayin...
FEDERAL cemeteries, Bucky. You can still fly the Confederate Flag all you want, wave it in the streets, wear it on your shirt, and put on in your yard, but it just can't be flown on federal land/buildings.

But back to the actual issue: what you are saying IS anti-American inherently, because banning Muslim women from wearing hijabs is a violation of their 1st Amendment Rights.

Do you not understand that you'd be violating their Constitutional right to practice their religion freely?

A hijab is a symbol by association, not a symbol by creation. Said another way: the Confederate Flag was created for the purpose of being a symbol, a hijab was not created for the purpose of being a symbol.

One more time:

1. Symbol by association.
2. Symbol by creation.

Not the same thing.

I get the feeling some Americans wouldn't mind putting them in concentration camps. Just sayin...

Well, I know for a fact that Bucky wouldn't mind. As you and I know, he's supported that type of stuff before.

I think it would be a symbolic and bold statement to ban women wearing hijabs in this country. Anytime I see a poor women in this country wearing a hijab, it angers me. The hijab represents oppression, bigotry and is insulting to wester civilization. Enacting such a law would send a defining message to the terrorists that their hatred won't be tolerated in this country. It could begin a brokerage of trust for Muslim women to assimilate to our culture and society instead of theirs.

What are your thoughts?

The government has no business banning an article of clothing in a broad public use sort of fashion.

Back
Top Bottom