• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should hijabs be illegal to wear in the US?

Should the Hijab be banned in the U.S?

• Total voters

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I think it would be a symbolic and bold statement to ban women wearing hijabs in this country. Anytime I see a poor women in this country wearing a hijab, it angers me. The hijab represents oppression, bigotry and is insulting to wester civilization. Enacting such a law would send a defining message to the terrorists that their hatred won't be tolerated in this country. It could begin a brokerage of trust for Muslim women to assimilate to our culture and society instead of theirs.

What are your thoughts?

I think it would be a symbolic and bold statement to ban women wearing hijabs in this country. Anytime I see a poor women in this country wearing a hijab, it angers me. The hijab represents oppression, bigotry and is insulting to wester civilization. Enacting such a law would send a defining message to the terrorists that their hatred won't be tolerated in this country. It could begin a brokerage of trust for Muslim women to assimilate to our culture and society instead of theirs.

What are your thoughts?

of course not, we are (or should be) a free society. This isn't some religio-fascist state where women are forced to wear something or forced not to wear mini skirts or low cut blouses because the men cannot control themselves. If we start acting like the societies were are objecting to, we are no better than the clowns who impose such laws on their women

No. Any other stupid questions?

No. Freedom of speech and freedom of religion. If you want a theocracy, go move to one.

It would be a signal to the terrorist they won. I certainly this isn't a plank in the Trump policy platform.

What are your thoughts?

No. Not only do we have religious freedom in this country, but banning Hijabs would be a blatant violation of the 1st Amendment.

What are your thoughts?

No. Bad idea.

No. Not only do we have religious freedom in this country, but banning Hijabs would be a blatant violation of the 1st Amendment.

so tell us true-how may Hijabs are in your wardrobe! are they hanging right next to the hair shirts and chastity belts :mrgreen:

What are your thoughts?

As much as those things suck we also allow KKK uniforms to be worn, and other such crap. Freedom of Speech is more important.

As much as those things suck we also allow KKK uniforms to be worn, and other such crap. Freedom of Speech is more important.

some would claim it actually helps law enforcement and the anti terrorist operatives in the government to keep track on who might be a fundamentalist muslim

Are you ok with LEO's keeping track of someone because of their religion?
some would claim it actually helps law enforcement and the anti terrorist operatives in the government to keep track on who might be a fundamentalist muslim

Any other stupid questions?

No but I have a qustion... can I tell if my girlfriend has been cheating on me by the smell of her gas/fart?

so tell us true-how may Hijabs are in your wardrobe! are they hanging right next to the hair shirts and chastity belts :mrgreen:

I've got a hijab for every color of the rainbow, of course!

Some would be wrong... besides, I like those hijabs... I always wonder what they are wearing (or not wearing if you catch my drift) under those things.

I find women who wear hijabs to be offending me. Perhaps an overreaching federal law would be a stretch but I have no problem with schools or businesses banning their employers, employees customers from wearing them.

Are you ok with LEO's keeping track of someone because of their religion?

I have mixed feelings on that an in some instances profiling does have its uses in a war against terror. I tend to oppose most of the stuff government does on the war on terror but like it or not, most of the acts of terror in this country are at least-on the surface-instigated by Muslim extremists.

I find women who wear hijabs to be offending me. Perhaps an overreaching federal law would be a stretch but I have no problem with schools or businesses banning their employers, employees customers from wearing them.

That most likely would violate Title VII

Some would be wrong... besides, I like those hijabs... I always wonder what they are wearing (or not wearing if you catch my drift) under those things.

Honestly, they need to assimilate to our country or they are more than welcome to leave and go back to where they came from.

Wow. How much more un-American can you get, Bucky?

Schools for sure... private businesses too... sure. But I don't know why it would offend you.

No but I have a qustion... can I tell if my girlfriend has been cheating on me by the smell of her gas/fart?

If she's vegan, yes. There is no sulfur in plant products thus no hydrogen sulfides in gas thus no smell. If there's a smell, she's consuming animal product somewhere. And if she didn't get it from you...

Do we ban any other forms of clothing? What a stupid poll.

Back
Top Bottom