• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should hijabs be illegal to wear in the US?

Should the Hijab be banned in the U.S?

• Total voters
3.85% . really in the minority .
Why ?
Lets face it , we and the civilized world are at war with Islam , represented by the Islamic state ... sorry .. that is the way I see it .this horror seems to be what they want ..

We should not be at war with Islam. And, the fact that ISIS has been attacking Muslims lately is actually a good thing. It may wake up the masses on that front. We need the moderate Muslims on our side.

That's not to say I agree with the religion. I do not. But, I tend to not agree with any religion.

I think it would be a symbolic and bold statement to ban women wearing hijabs in this country. Anytime I see a poor women in this country wearing a hijab, it angers me. The hijab represents oppression, bigotry and is insulting to wester civilization. Enacting such a law would send a defining message to the terrorists that their hatred won't be tolerated in this country. It could begin a brokerage of trust for Muslim women to assimilate to our culture and society instead of theirs.

What are your thoughts?

Generally no.But if you are in court, driving, taking a ID,pass port,special license or driver's license photo or any other special circumstance then it should be banned.

If someone wants to dress up in a black ku klax klan outfit or black circus tent because that is what their religion tells them to, because they are paranoid by government cameras or simply because they want to then that is their business.

You guys are so smart. Yes, it is used to cover face and chest, but when the situation calls for more modesty, a hijab can be used to cover the face. If that is the case, the women should heed request to remove the face covering upon request and for identity purposes.
So yes, you are right about the distinction between a hijab and nijab, but both can be used interchangeably as a means to cover the face
For the purpose of this thread, I interpreted hijab more broadly. Is it not a question about traditional dress vs western culture?
Of course we can spend hours stipulating about small details, or we can discuss the underlying question whether Muslim traditional garb is welcome.
Have at it.

It isnt a burka. Cops can remove hats, bandanas from faces and scarves...

3.85% . really in the minority .
Why ?
Lets face it , we and the civilized world are at war with Islam , represented by the Islamic state ... sorry .. that is the way I see it .this horror seems to be what they want ..

Thanks for spreading ISIS propaganda.

I think it would be a symbolic and bold statement to ban women wearing hijabs in this country. Anytime I see a poor women in this country wearing a hijab, it angers me. The hijab represents oppression, bigotry and is insulting to wester civilization. Enacting such a law would send a defining message to the terrorists that their hatred won't be tolerated in this country. It could begin a brokerage of trust for Muslim women to assimilate to our culture and society instead of theirs.

What are your thoughts?
People should , no , must , be able to select their own culture ..ours may be ''superior'' or it may NOT be .. who is really to know ?
Also, Bucky, I read 'Centrist" and your red ink ''philosophy'' ... you cannot be ''centrist''.
I voted that there be a ban on this unusual garment .. like it or not , we are at ''war'' with extremist/conservative/Islam .. EVERYONE'S face should be open to view !

If a tree falls in the woods and you're not there to hear it, it makes a sound.

I know. The Notification link displays that you tried to say something.

What are your thoughts?

Please dont act out on that anger or we might see your face on the evening news.

Back
Top Bottom