• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Heather Nauert be confirmed as UN Ambassador?

• Total voters
She wouldn't be the first UN Ambassador without diplomatic experience but her overall lack of experiance outside of broadcast journalism is too large a negative IMO.

It will be hard for her to fill the shoes of Nikki Haley.

Haley had far more substance than a talking head from Fox news.

Newt Gingrich LOVES the pick:

Yes
No
Me- NFL - Not Freaking Likely
No experience, limited knowledge, a FOX news personality
Now I do expect hard core Trump supporters to support her

Anything to do with Fox News automatically disqualifies her in your book. Her other experience means nothing. Why do you dems hate promoting women so much? What do you have against them?

Half a dozen right wingers in this thread criticizing liberals for saying she's not a good candidate, and not one of them presented even one sentence suggesting she's a good candidate.

Anything to do with Fox News automatically disqualifies her in your book. Her other experience means nothing. Why do you dems hate promoting women so much? What do you have against them?

Can you even describe her experience? You're like all the other right wingers in this thread. Real mad that liberals criticize her, and not one word of support for her nomination comes from any of you.

I'll even help you out. Write this:

"I think she is a good candidate because _____"

Bang. All you gotta do is fill in the blank. Not one conservative here has done so yet.

I would expect intelligent people to question her qualifications and probably say no.

I'm glad to see someone outside of the permanent political class get the job. This is The United States, afterall.

You say no because, "Truuuuuuuump!"

Can you even describe her experience? You're like all the other right wingers in this thread. Real mad that liberals criticize her, and not one word of support for her nomination comes from any of you.

I'll even help you out. Write this:

"I think she is a good candidate because _____"

Bang. All you gotta do is fill in the blank. Not one conservative here has done so yet.

Would you support nominating someone who has never sat on the bench, any bench, to the Supreme Court?

I'm glad to see someone outside of the permanent political class get the job. This is The United States, afterall.

Hey, it's our first post sorta-praising her as a candidate.

And that praise was ... she's not a part of some other nebulous group. It's a start, I guess?

Would you support nominating someone who has never sat on the bench, any bench, to the Supreme Court?

You still haven't given a real reason she's a good candidate. Not one conservative has. Did you notice that?

You still haven't given a real reason she's a good candidate. Did you notice that?

Are you afraid to answer the question?

Are you afraid to answer the question?

You got called out because it turns out you have no actual reason to support her as a candidate other than "Trump good, liberals bad." And now that you've been called out you really want to deflect the conversation to something else. I'm not interested. If you want to talk about specific candidates for specific positions you think are comparable to this one, name that person. I'm not interested in a vaguely-defined category of persons. Actual human beings are eligible for presidential appointments. Name a human being you think is comparable to this pick, if you're really that desperate to talk about someone else.

You got called out because it turns out you have no actual reason to support her as a candidate other than "Trump good, liberals bad." And now that you've been called out you really want to deflect the conversation to something else. I'm not interested. If you want to talk about specific candidates for specific positions you think are comparable to this one, name that person. I'm not interested in a vaguely-defined category of persons. Actual human beings are eligible for presidential appointments. Name a human being you think is comparable to this pick, if you're really that desperate to talk about someone else.

I don't support her, nor not support her. It remains to be seen if she does a good job, or not.

Now, would you support a Supreme Court nominee who has never say on any bench?

I don't support her, nor not support her. It remains to be seen if she does a good job, or not.

Now, would you support a Supreme Court nominee who has never say on any bench?

Great. You have no opinion to share.

Neither do I, then.

What other experience?
She is a real brainiac.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/11/12/does-heather-nauert-have-what-it-takes/
On June 5, for example, Nauert told reporters that the Trump administration wants “to reaffirm the strength of our relationship with Germany and, apparently to bolster her point, noted that the next day was the anniversary of the D-Day invasion. “We obviously have a very long history with the government of Germany,” Nauert said.

She didn’t add that this has included trying and executing its leaders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heather_Nauert

Great. You have no opinion to share.

Neither do I, then.

Afraid to admit that you supported Elana Kagan's nomination to the Supreme Court?

You say Nauert is unqualified because of "Truuuuuump!". :lamo

If Clinton were president, Nauert would be the pick of the century, according to you.

I say no because I believe a person should have knowledge of the job they are taking on

Afraid to admit that you supported Elana Kagan's nomination to the Supreme Court?

You say Nauert is unqualified because of "Truuuuuump!". :lamo

If Clinton were president, Nauert would be the pick of the century, according to you.

Oh so now you have an actual person to talk about instead of a vague description?

Any particular reason you didn't mention her 30 year legal career?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom