• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Hawaii become the model for nationwide gun-control?

Cool cardboard cover with microchip and the ability to travel between foreign nations. Try getting into France just using your Texas ID.

Try driving in Texas with your passport. ;)

It appears gun control laws lead to rat infestations

These are the top 50 rat-infested cities in America | Clark Howard

worst gun control laws and worst rat infestations
Orkin: These are the top 50 rattiest cities in America

Chicago
New York
Los Angeles
San Francisco – Oakland
Washington, DC

so using say the Jet and vegas logic, gun control leads to pestilence.

Site is called Debate Politics:roll:
You make a claim, back it up.
funny how you never demand that of those who want to restrict the rights of honest people. I don't have any duty to-the duty is on those who want to restrict our freedoms. If he had proof that the Hawaii registration decreased crime don't you think we'd see it

That is freaking hilarious

its the same level of proof that we see from people who claim that states with "lax" gun laws have higher "gun deaths".

cities with gun bans have higher rat infestations.

its the same level of proof that we see from people who claim that states with "lax" gun laws have higher "gun deaths".

cities with gun bans have higher rat infestations.

It is the funniest thing I have ever heard

funny how you never demand that of those who want to restrict the rights of honest people. I don't have any duty to-the duty is on those who want to restrict our freedoms. If he had proof that the Hawaii registration decreased crime don't you think we'd see it

You've spent so long dodging and weaving without backing up anything you said: Why is that?

You've spent so long dodging and weaving without backing up anything you said: Why is that?

because I get tired of anti gun posters demanding we repeat stuff over and over while never ever asking like minded anti gun posters to back up their claims

we get monster lies from posters like Jet who baldly lie and claim an AR 15 is a weapon of war even though at least a dozen posters note that no US military unit has ever been issued such a firearm. he claims that magazines of ten rounds or more are ONLY FOR WARFARE even though US civilians were using 10 round or larger magazines in handguns long before the US military standard issue handgun switched to 15 round magazines from 7 and US civilians were using Semi auto rifles long before the US Military issued magazine fed rifles as standard issue. None of you anti gun posters ever , I repeat EVER question such obvious lies. several posters, including me and Rucker, have posted evidence that not a single crime has been solved by the Hawaii gun registration. You can look it up given I question your request as being either honest or relevant

because I get tired of anti gun posters demanding we repeat stuff over and over while never ever asking like minded anti gun posters to back up their claims

we get monster lies from posters like Jet who baldly lie and claim an AR 15 is a weapon of war even though at least a dozen posters note that no US military unit has ever been issued such a firearm. he claims that magazines of ten rounds or more are ONLY FOR WARFARE even though US civilians were using 10 round or larger magazines in handguns long before the US military standard issue handgun switched to 15 round magazines from 7 and US civilians were using Semi auto rifles long before the US Military issued magazine fed rifles as standard issue. None of you anti gun posters ever , I repeat EVER question such obvious lies. several posters, including me and Rucker, have posted evidence that not a single crime has been solved by the Hawaii gun registration. You can look it up given I question your request as being either honest or relevant

Or you could provide the evidence

I think you're trying to tell me that you don't have the evidence you claimed to have.

I think you're trying to tell me that you don't have the evidence you claimed to have.

I am not going to spend the time looking it up again. it will resurface and you will see it but pretend you didn't and later on will demand someone else find it

when asked how Registration helps solve crimes, the biggest fan of registration issues this proof (LOL)

ITS A HUGE SUCCESS

IT WORKS GREAT

IT SAVES LIVES

nothing more

now how is it you have never asked him to back up his claims?

No, and Hawaii's gun hating laws have not been proven to be the reason for the lower crime rates. Hawaii is extremely hateful towards citizens being able to legally carry. Its idiotic gun registration program is also a waste of time.

I am not going to spend the time looking it up again. it will resurface and you will see it but pretend you didn't and later on will demand someone else find it

when asked how Registration helps solve crimes, the biggest fan of registration issues this proof (LOL)

ITS A HUGE SUCCESS

IT WORKS GREAT

IT SAVES LIVES

nothing more

now how is it you have never asked him to back up his claims?

John Lott's Website: Glenn Beck and gun registration

Registration programs in Hawaii, DC, and Chicago can't point to any crimes that have been solved as a result of registration.

You post a blog. A blog that doesn't even defend what you said. Perhaps you should bow out of this one. Or maybe take a knee or something.

In Hawaii, in order to get a permit to buy a gun you must pass a very thorough background check. A permit to buy a handgun is only good for the purchase of one handgun and is only good for ten days. The police also keep records of gun registration. . If the applicant has been diagnosed with a mental illness then a doctor’s approval must be obtained. A permit to buy long guns is good for one year.
Hawaii?s gun laws among strictest in nation | Hawaii Tribune-Herald

According to the Centers for Disease Control, Hawaii has very low gun homicide and suicide rates compared to the rest of the nation. Between 2008 and 2014 Hawaii had a homicide rate of 0.62 per 100,000 compared to a national average of 3.78 per 100,000. During these same years, Hawaii had a gun suicide rate of 2.56 per 100,000 compared to a national average of 6.4 per 100,000.
https://wisqars.cdc.gov:8443/cdcMapFramework/mapModuleInterface.jsp

According to an article published in the American Journal of Public Health, Hawaii has the lowest rate of non-fatal firearm injuries out of all fifty states:
View attachment 67225633
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26066935

on the surface my answer is no, seems like over kill and a waste

but i could maybe meet in the middle if you have any evidence that what you posted is directly related to the numbers Hawaii shows. I mean with JUST the info you posted your own chart counters your claim since other states with less control have some of the best rates and some states with the most control have some of the worst rate.

If theres proof that they are directly related i could be sold, do you or does anybody have that?

You post a blog. A blog that doesn't even defend what you said. Perhaps you should bow out of this one. Or maybe take a knee or something.

maybe you should actually do something other than whine about my arguments when far less supported crap from anti gun posters doesn't ever meet with your criticism. that was the first thing I saw going back on some old threads on another board where this came up. the fact is, there is no evidence that the Hawaii registration has solved any crimes. google it yourself if you actually want to debate rather than whine about one side while giving the side that you support a pass

on the surface my answer is no, seems like over kill and a waste

but i could maybe meet in the middle if you have any evidence that what you posted is directly related to the numbers Hawaii shows. I mean with JUST the info you posted your own chart counters your claim since other states with less control have some of the best rates and some states with the most control have some of the worst rate.

If theres proof that they are directly related i could be sold, do you or does anybody have that?

I think the best we can say is that violent crime rates among our fifty states prove nothing as to whether restrictions on honest gun owners prevent violent crime. In other words, restricting honest people from owning or using guns is not established as making us safer.

In this case history is his evidence, no ar15;s were issued to the military other than an extreme few used by the airforce prior to the m-16. Semi auto was used by civilians long before the military adopted it, as were detachable mags, as the us military used clips for most weapons until ww2 while the british used detatchable mags prior to ww1. Even revolvers were used by civilains prior to the military adopting them, as the military dodged cartridges, and revolvers and multi loaders until 1891 with the craig, even though tech had far excedded every military weapon, the military chose tried and true long after civilains had access to them.

Thank you. My point exactly. you need to fill out a long form pay big fees and show PROOF to get back in

No you dont. You should have a birth certificate. If you dont have that or something else, you go to the local embassy and they come identify you and let you in. You dont "have" to have that to get in. It just makes it easier.

However if you dont have something convenient, then you'll have to be patient.

If you do not have ID, you dont lose your citizenship. You will not be denied entry, you may just be inconvenienced.

I see you didnt respond to mine.

Back
Top Bottom