• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Hawaii become the model for nationwide gun-control?

I think Vermont's gun control scheme which is number three safest on your chart

(no laws against concealed or open carry, private sales, very few gun free zones, no gun bans on any kind, even legal for felons to own) will be far cheaper to implement and thus a better value for the injury reduction.

The difficulty of the Hawaiian scheme is the cost of making every state into an island and changing to an Asian majority demographic.

Last edited:
Please, is it any surprise that Hawaii has a low suicide rate? Would you commit suicide if you lived in Hawaii? :roll:

He fails to mention that Hawaii's total suicide rate isn't all that great; it's higher than that of Texas, Mississippi and Georgia.

He fails to mention that Hawaii's total suicide rate isn't all that great; it's higher than that of Texas, Mississippi and Georgia.

Lowest gun deaths in the nation

Do I have a constitutional right to leave and enter this country as I please? Is this east berlin?

You can leave. You can enter as you please. You just have to show proof that you have that right to enter.

Which is an indicator that just denying suicidal people guns doesnt stop suicide.

You can leave. You can enter as you please. You just have to show proof that you have that right to enter.

Thank you. My point exactly. you need to fill out a long form pay big fees and show PROOF to get back in

Thank you. My point exactly. you need to fill out a long form pay big fees and show PROOF to get back in

No you dont. You should have a birth certificate. If you dont have that or something else, you go to the local embassy and they come identify you and let you in. You dont "have" to have that to get in. It just makes it easier.

However if you dont have something convenient, then you'll have to be patient.

If you do not have ID, you dont lose your citizenship. You will not be denied entry, you may just be inconvenienced.

What are you talking about? You show your passport and declare anything you might have brought back from overseas. There's no long form or fees unless you are bringing back something of value. Even then, it's not a problem with coming back in, it's a matter of taxation.

What are you talking about? You show your passport and declare anything you might have brought back from overseas. There's no long form or fees unless you are bringing back something of value. Even then, it's not a problem with coming back in, it's a matter of taxation.

Have you ever applied for a passport? Its a long form with expensive fees. DUH

Have you ever applied for a passport? Its a long form with expensive fees. DUH

It's $110 and another 60 if you want it fast. From there it lasts 10 years. That's $17/year which is a long way from "expensive". A DS-11 (or DS-82 if you're renewing) is 2 pages long, has 21 questions and can be filled out in 5 minutes. It takes longer to get your passport photo taken at the drug store than it does to fill out the form.

The point was that the passport application process requires paying fees of over $100 - use of the passport is not the issue. That does seem to be an excessive cost for a supplemental ID document.

The point was that the passport application process requires paying fees of over $100 - use of the passport is not the issue. That does seem to be an excessive cost for a supplemental ID document.

It's $10 a year! How is that expensive? If you can afford a 6 pack of beer and a pack of smokes you can afford a passport.

It's $10 a year! How is that expensive? If you can afford a 6 pack of beer and a pack of smokes you can afford a passport.

My point remains the same. Thanks

"Since when do we need govt permission to exercise a right? "

Everytime you enter the country. LOL

A state issued photo ID in Texas is $24 for six years so why is a passport more than double that cost?

"Since when do we need govt permission to exercise a right? "

Everytime you enter the country. LOL

There is no "right" to enter the country. Citizenship is a privilege bestowed upon people and, to protect the citizens from certain acts which might be perpetrated by a foreigner, we have instituted a system of immigration and naturalization. It's kind of like checking to see who is at your front door before letting them in.

There is no "right" to enter the country. Citizenship is a privilege bestowed upon people and, to protect the citizens from certain acts which might be perpetrated by a foreigner, we have instituted a system of immigration and naturalization. It's kind of like checking to see who is at your front door before letting them in.

Citizenship is a privilege that can be revoked at a whim? I do not have the right to enter my own country?

That is freaking hilarious!

A state issued photo ID in Texas is $24 for six years so why is a passport more than double that cost?

Cool cardboard cover with microchip and the ability to travel between foreign nations. Try getting into France just using your Texas ID.

Citizenship is a privilege that can be revoked at a whim? I do not have the right to enter my own country?

That is freaking hilarious!

I just ran out of troll spray. Have a good night!

Cool cardboard cover with microchip and the ability to travel between foreign nations. Try getting into France just using your Texas ID.

You didn't need any ID to get into France in 1944. All you had to do was roll up on the beach. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom