• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should having a child require a course to complete on parenting and a psychological evaluation?

Should having a child require a course to complete on parenting and a psychological evaluation?

• I am too stupid to understand how many lives are ruined by allowing twits to have children.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What vetting process do the persons on the street go through before becoming parents?
none that I am aware of other than someone is willing to breed with them: btw I misread your comment-I mistakenly thought you were asking if people go through a vetting process to adopt

I love it.

I also think the same requirements should apply to voting.

You kinda did.
Normal child protection agencies put people under scrutiny when they get a notification about something being wrong.
Your proposal implies that the new agency would put everyone under scrutiny as a standard precaution. That is an expansion of power.
why not weed out the problems before they become a problem? Look how many tweeker couples have kids.

There won't be any agreement on the content of the course for parenting (at least in the USA). Plus psyc evals are not all that reliable.
The curriculum of the course isn’t the important part. Focus on the psych evaluation and drug tests.

Let’s make taking a class, passing a test and paying a fee a requirement for starting a DP poll.
This would eliminate the Covdiot posts.

Why or why not? People need to pass a course and test to get a drivers license and need a fishing license... of course, any inbred alcoholic criminal that murdered twelve people and raped a child that served their sentence and was freed but has an IQ 0f 50 can have a kid with their high school dropout girlfriend... great society. Loves life. Loves equality. Loves children.
Who is going to teach that course? The same liberals who tell little boys they are really little girls? That's just another fight waiting to happen.

Perhaps because certain people that went on to make great achievements might not have been born had their parents went through such a course and failed.
It’s highly unlikely a kid will go on to great achievements from dirt bag parents.

Who is going to teach that course? The same liberals who tell little boys they are really little girls? That's just another fight waiting to happen.
Far left liberals and alt right Conservatives should not be a part of creating or teaching the course. Also keep the creepy Libertarians out.

We have them for drivers licenses and most other government permits. BTW, how would you enforce such nonsense?
We alway’s here “How would you enforce it?” That’s a complete copout for not trying.

Just do it!

Far left liberals and alt right Conservatives should not be a part of creating or teaching the course. Also keep the creepy Libertarians out.
and lets ban the "undisclosed" since they cannot even honestly tell us what their lean is?

It’s highly unlikely a kid will go on to great achievements from dirt bag parents.
There's a Dead Kennedys' song you would like

and lets ban the "undisclosed" since they cannot even honestly tell us what their lean is?
I always thought it was weird to have a label. I call things how I see them. I don’t have a lean.

How would they know if someone else had not passed a class? What would you do to them (and their children) if they did not pass the class?
They might not... that is why the police can check the parents Parenting Class License when suspected.

I love it.

I also think the same requirements should apply to voting.
I have made posts about that in the past... voting should require, at minimum, a high school education with at least a B average. Any person that can not get a B has no business being allowed to vote.

Calm down.

Just average parenting stuff like structure, routines, following through with consequences issued, stress reduction, healthy diets, exercise, homework, etc etc

Yep. They are far more likely to join the gang that their parents were in, be criminals, drop out of school, be in jail, have a low IQ like their parents, etc.

Potential parents should at least go through the vetting process required to adopt a child.
And they do ... and those parents are generally well off, educated and want a child.

I am concerned about the poor, uneducated criminals that are just pumping out kids that will be abused, live in poverty and turn out just like their scumbag parents that never really wanted them...

Why or why not? People need to pass a course and test to get a drivers license and need a fishing license... of course, any inbred alcoholic criminal that murdered twelve people and raped a child that served their sentence and was freed but has an IQ 0f 50 can have a kid with their high school dropout girlfriend... great society. Loves life. Loves equality. Loves children.
Shhhhhsh!! They may hear you. I can see it now. ACME Parenting classes. $99.95. Apply now, and get the course text book 50% off @ $75.99. ( prices increase when government mandated training bill passes). Graduates will receive an “ official parent “ badge, wall certificate, and ID card good for 18 years.(with yearly refreshers at $20.50.
DONT DELAY! CALL TODAY! First 20 applicants get a gender pronoun pocket card ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!

Shhhhhsh!! They may hear you. I can see it now. ACME Parenting classes. $99.95. Apply now, and get the course text book 50% off @ $75.99. ( prices increase when government mandated training bill passes). Graduates will receive an “ official parent “ badge, wall certificate, and ID card good for 18 years.(with yearly refreshers at $20.50.
DONT DELAY! CALL TODAY! First 20 applicants get a gender pronoun pocket card ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!
This would be a serious class/qualification intended to help children and end the cycle of poverty and crime... in addition to getting rid of stupid people. By that I mean morons that can't get basic grades in school or end up being a drain on society. We will always need the guy that holds the Go/Stop sign at road side construction sites... but at least we will get smarter people that do it effeciently.

When a person gets pulled over they show a drivers license... what about a parenting license...
I think there should be a bare minimum mandatory "parental course" taught by a psychologist that they have to take as a requirement. No testing requirement to gauge understanding, just a certificate that said you attended the class til the end. Can be taken at any point during their life before they have their first kid. Parents who already have kids when the legislation is passed will be grandfathered in with no time limit on when they take it.

So, you want to take a parenting course as part of your college education? Free. How about at the local school? Free again. -If- (and I emphasize -if-) such a course were to exist, charging money on it would disadvantage the poor.

NOT SO LOUD! :p

I think there should be a bare minimum mandatory "parental course" taught by a psychologist that they have to take as a requirement. No testing requirement to gauge understanding, just a certificate that said you attended the class til the end. Can be taken at any point during their life before they have their first kid. Parents who already have kids when the legislation is passed will be grandfathered in with no time limit on when they take it.

So, you want to take a parenting course as part of your college education? Free. How about at the local school? Free again. -If- (and I emphasize -if-) such a course were to exist, charging money on it would disadvantage the poor.
Great post...

I was even going to say that existing parents are exempt from this procedure and that it applies to all future parents. All courses Free and easily accesible.

Great post...

I was even going to say that existing parents are exempt from this procedure and that it applies to all future parents. All courses Free and easily accesible.
I'm still not sure it would "end the cycle of poverty and crime." For example, not every parent will be able to detect if their child joins a gang, even if they are given pointers on how to detect it, and if the parents are poor ... this might not help children escape the poverty cycle. This is a big tool in the toolbox, but not the only one. What other tools would you like to throw in the proverbial toolbox while we're designing how to end the cycle? What might a course be accompanied with, etc.?

No, allowing the government to control who's allowed to have kids and who's not can only lead to bad things.
One needs a license for a dog

A child is less paperwork

Why or why not? People need to pass a course and test to get a drivers license and need a fishing license...
There is no testing for a fishing license. Not in Washington where I used to have one and not in California where I currently reside anyway,
of course, any inbred alcoholic criminal that murdered twelve people and raped a child that served their sentence and was freed but has an IQ 0f 50 can have a kid with their high school dropout girlfriend... great society. Loves life. Loves equality. Loves children.
This is a very specific scenario, are you wondering what you need to be tested on to care for your kid?

One needs a license for a dog
Not always, that depends on where you live. And to the extent dog licenses are required it’s nearly always a grift for the city to make more money.
A child is less paperwork
I mean other than getting a birth certificate, and an SSN, and filing for child tax credit, and enrolling in school, and myriad other things.

Back
Top Bottom