• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should having a child require a course to complete on parenting and a psychological evaluation?

Should having a child require a course to complete on parenting and a psychological evaluation?

• I am too stupid to understand how many lives are ruined by allowing twits to have children.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Why or why not? People need to pass a course and test to get a drivers license and need a fishing license... of course, any inbred alcoholic criminal that murdered twelve people and raped a child that served their sentence and was freed but has an IQ 0f 50 can have a kid with their high school dropout girlfriend... great society. Loves life. Loves equality. Loves children.

Why or why not? People need to pass a course and test to get a drivers license and need a fishing license... of course, any inbred alcoholic criminal that murdered twelve people and raped a child that served their sentence and was freed but has an IQ 0f 50 can have a kid with their high school dropout girlfriend... great society. Loves life. Loves equality. Loves children.
No. Because it’s a stupid idea. How about at least voter ID?

No, allowing the government to control who's allowed to have kids and who's not can only lead to bad things.

A lot of people don't have sex to have a child.

The way things are these days, I have little doubt that the party that got control of an institution with such power, would eventually turn it on it's opponents.
Easy targets first; the outspoken and controversial. Then slowly more and more. As always.

Better with the system we have now.
If society truly cares about abused children, society will care enough to keep a look out for them, care enough to remove them when necessary, and care enough to pay for their care and upbringing.
If it claims to care, but doesn't want to spend any $, then maybe it doesn't really care all that much...

I think it might be a good idea to have competence tests in order to join Debate Politics. That way we might be able to power down all the creepy threads some of our members start.

Licensing for reproduction, but none for guns?

Maybe should be required before being allowed to have sex.

No, allowing the government to control who's allowed to have kids and who's not can only lead to bad things.
The people can vote on the criteria...

The way things are these days, I have little doubt that the party that got control of an institution with such power, would eventually turn it on it's opponents.
Easy targets first; the outspoken and controversial. Then slowly more and more. As always.

Better with the system we have now.
If society truly cares about abused children, society will care enough to keep a look out for them, care enough to remove them when necessary, and care enough to pay for their care and upbringing.
If it claims to care, but doesn't want to spend any $, then maybe it doesn't really care all that much...
But the party in control can do the same with the FBI, IRS, NSA, Post Office, Etc.

Why is it a stupid idea?
Too much government interference, slippery slope, I could go on.

I don't like the government deciding who can and can't breed anymore than I like the government deciding who gets to love whom, and what a woman does with her own body. Stay the **** out of people's bedrooms, Big Brother.

Yeah, because the existence of voting has totally prevented any governmental corruption up to this point in US history. :rolleyes:
All the more reason to allow it then...

But the party in control can do the same with the FBI, IRS, NSA, Post Office, Etc.

Sure they can, and they do it all over the world.
But even the Hitler Youth and Komsomol settled for brainwashing the average citizen's kids rather than outright stealing them or preventing them from being born.
(They did do those things of course, just not to ordinary citizens. You had to be declared "undesirable" first.)

And isn't that why humanity spent millennia trying to get rid of absolute rulers to begin with? People doing nasty stuff to us because they couldn't be trusted with too much power?
Giving people ulimited power usually ends up much worse than only giving them just the power to do their jobs properly.

Sure they can, and they do it all over the world.
But even the Hitler Youth and Komsomol settled for brainwashing the average citizen's kids rather than outright stealing them or preventing them from being born.
(They did do those things of course, just not to ordinary citizens. You had to be declared "undesirable" first.)

And isn't that why humanity spent millennia trying to get rid of absolute rulers to begin with? People doing nasty stuff to us because they couldn't be trusted with too much power?
Giving people ulimited power usually ends up much worse than only giving them just the power to do their jobs properly.
In my argument... who is getting unlimited power? I have never stated any such thing.

In my argument... who is getting unlimited power? I have never stated any such thing.

You kinda did.
Normal child protection agencies put people under scrutiny when they get a notification about something being wrong.
Your proposal implies that the new agency would put everyone under scrutiny as a standard precaution. That is an expansion of power.

That sounds a bit too authoritarian for your own good.

You kinda did.
Normal child protection agencies put people under scrutiny when they get a notification about something being wrong.
Your proposal implies that the new agency would put everyone under scrutiny as a standard precaution. That is an expansion of power.
Uhhh... what? Limiting who can have children has... literally... nothing to do with child protection or government expansion.

Back
Top Bottom