• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Hand Sanitizer be banned from public schools?

Should hand sanitizer be banned from public schools because of alcohol content?

• Yes! This might lead to alcohol abuse or a fire.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Perhaps from some areas of the school

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I'm really not sure

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • No, the germs for dangerous diseases are more dangerous!

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Parents are too paranoid these days if you ask me...

Votes: 20 71.4%

• Total voters
Don't let little kids have it when they are so disposed to doing incredibly stupid things like superglue their friend's hand to his own pants.

Well, I'm a nursing student, and the advice we've been given is to use the alcohol wash when going between patients and different environments, but if there's noticable contamination of the hands (dirt, bodily fluids etc.) to use only soap and water. I'm not sure why, but that's the UK healthcare perspective.

Alcohol rubs don't work with C-diff.

Alcohol rubs don't work with C-diff.

That's a nasty little bugger of an infection all round. They're certainly better than nothing though, and they do assist in preventing the spread of many harmful bacteria.

Never been drunk ¿???¿???? Holy moly have you lived in a cave all your life?¿?¿
No. We lived with a senile grandfather when I was a boy. The thought of being out of control of my faculties, even for a short while is terrifying to me.

I think kids should be prevented from drinking hand sanitizer or setting it on fire.

It's called child control.
I agree of course, but accidents happen. I've never been drunk -- but I have been on fire. I would never want to see that happen to a kid.

When you get right down to it too, I've got to wonder why children today are so susceptible to common germs, when farmer kids tend to be healthy and are exposed to, we assume, far greater concentrations.

Tragedy of the commons!

Privatize all schools and let parents decide!

... sigh ...

Predictable libertarian is predictable...

I need a new hobby...

Hey, maybe a shot of hand sanitizer on the rocks will take my mind off this!

:moody

Privatize all schools and let parents decide!

Very good idea, for many reasons.

Hey, maybe a shot of hand sanitizer on the rocks will take my mind off this!
Remember what happened the last time you experimented with "unofficial uses" for hand sanitizer. We thought we'd have to call an ambulance.

You know, I don't have annoying forum commies trollnapped often, but... :2wave:

How paranoid can you be? It is a pathological trait of today's society that parents consider their children potential murderers/junkies/alcoholics/etc. and go to great lengths to dream up something that might tempt the children to follow their "natural" urges towards mischief.

And by the way the alcohol used in hand sanitizers is denatured i.e. they've put all sorts of things in it to make it emetic and extremely unpleasant to use.

Some parents are worried that the 60% alcohol in hand sanitizer will lead to school children trying to get drunk from drinking it. Others are worried about the flammable nature of alcohol. Some school districts have already banned it. What do you think? See article below for more information.

Hand sanitizers' alcohol content raises some concerns | CHICAGO TRIBUNE

Don't they contain, isopropanol alcohol? If your kid is as dumb as the condor.... Well..... :doh

So...what's wrong with soap exactly? Why do we need the hand sanitizer in the first place. Can't we just wash our hands instead? But I don't know, if there's a real problem with it I suppose the school's can ban it; but it's rather stupid.

Don't they contain, isopropanol alcohol? If your kid is as dumb as the condor.... Well..... :doh

Seriously, if the child is both dumb enough (and determined enough) to gag down hand sanitizer, the family is seriously buggered already.

Back
Top Bottom