• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should God have been mentioned in the EU Constitution?

Should a reference to God been included in the EU Constitution?

• Yes

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters
tryreading said:
tr1414, America is safe from this man, but I must warn you that Kandahar is your enemy.

wow... you were holding that in your holster a long time.... feel better now?

George_Washington said:
Ok but Robin, come on. That analogy of Father Time and Christmas presents is sort of humorous. I'll say it again: I have never argued that God exists simply because the world exists. In fact, I'd say I'm one of the most open minded Christians on here.
GW yes it's humorous. I'm glad you see the humour in my comparison. There is humour all around us but most are blind to it. The humour of the farsical nature of the human predicament & the absurdity of humans & life & nature itself.
Human beings... disposable vehicles for their genes, a blink in the eye of evolution, yet they think they are so special & so much more than that !
Arrogant as well as confused !
I mean what do you think the truly great minds like Wittgenstien & Kurt Gurdle would make of the utter nonsense & pseudo intelligent ramblings that go on here... or anywhere else there are humans for that matter ?
Everywhere you look, people under the misaprehension that their life is anything more than, finding a mate & finding space & resources to feed theirselves & raise their offspring + tripping out on their little egos.
The best TV series that highlighted the farcical nature of humans & human society, was Adam West's 'Batman'... hilarious.
People think I'm mad to like it... but they don't see beneath the surface of it.

Last edited:
George_Washington said:
So are you suggesting that we have a state supported Church?

No, quite the opposite. Where did you get that idea?

George_Washington said:
I don't really think that nationalizing a Church is the best way to preserve it.

Agreed.

George_Washington said:
Kandahar, how do you know they are trying to, "infiltrate" governments?

I guess that wasn't the best choice of words. "Infiltrate" implies some kind of secrecy, when in reality their influence is very overt.

George_Washington said:
Name an example of the Roman Catholic Church trying to take over a government in recent times. I would say that a lot of Churches do, in fact, focus on spreading their message.

The Catholic Church is still active in Spanish and Italian politics. Evangelical churches have succeeded in corrupting many aspects of the US government and some state governments.

tr1414 said:
lol..... another TYPICAL liberal came out of the woodwork. Merry Christmas.
lol..... another TYPICAL FASCIST spewing their hate mongering claptrap. Merry Christmass.

(oh, yes, that was fun and productive wasn't it,:2razz: such spewing of useless childish nonensese.)

George_Washington said:
Well, if Europe has really moved on from religion, than why do they still have state supported Churches? Why don't they just cut all state funding or just keep the Churches as strictly tourist attractions?
Tradition. Europe is big on it. And most people are Christian and agee with the Church.

George_Washington said:
The term, "god" could mean any religion. I would look at the inclusion of it as a more historical term rather than an endorsement of any one particular religion.
Really? Tell THAT to a follower of the Shinto religion. No? Or was your remark perhaps not founded in reality, having been dragged only from the recesses of your imagination without fact-checking forst?

George_Washington said:
So are you suggesting that we have a state supported Church?
Well, we already do. We just pretend otherwise. That's why we call it "faith-based initiative" instead of "I want to push my brand of fundamentalism on you"
Kandahar, how do you know they are trying to, "infiltrate" governments? Name an example of the Roman Catholic Church trying to take over a government in recent times. I would say that a lot of Churches do, in fact, focus on spreading their message.
They have become political machines, that's the problem.

You want to look at bishops ordering prochoice politicians being denied communion, f.ex? A VERY POLITICAL gesture. So don't give me that "innocent" crap. The churches opf today are strictly focused on politic, on their version of Sharia, religious law.

You want to force your religion down everybody's throat through the legal system. That you will cry foul when in 50 years the muslims will use this to force you to pary towards Meccam, well that is your own fault for so spitting on the US Constitution and everything that is American

Heh, this sort of reminds of one my favorite TV shows from the 1980s "Highway To Heaven" with Michael Landon.

tr1414 said:
wow... you were holding that in your holster a long time.... feel better now?

I always feel better when I make a funny.

Back
Top Bottom