• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Glenn Beck get a restraining order against Jon Stewart?

Should Glenn seek a restraining order on Jon Stewart?

• Total voters

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Glenn Beck - Show Recap

On Today's Program

Should Glenn seek a restraining order on Jon Stewart?

Jon Stewart is still obsessed with Glenn. His whole life seems to revolve around what Glenn says and does. Last night he devoted 66% of his entire show to Glenn - joking about the Soros expose. Glenn can take a joke, that's completely fine, but this is just getting creepy. The Blaze has the full disturbing story.

I don't normally do Beck stuff, but I caught this one on reddit and its quite funny. What is your opinion, should Beck go for a restraining order or should he be an adult?

Also, I fail to see how a restraining order would prevent satire. Its not like Jon follows the guy around personally or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glenn Beck - Show Recap

I don't normally do Beck stuff, but I caught this one on reddit and its quite funny. What is your opinion, should Beck go for a restraining order or should he be an adult?

Also, I fail to see how a restraining order would prevent satire. Its not like Jon follows the guy around personally or anything.

Well just like anything Beck does, he does it for attention, and probably somehow thinks it wills top Stewart from exposing anything stupid he says in an incredibly hilarious way. I say sure he should get a restraining order because it will make things all the funnier.

I just don't even know how to respond about this.

Glenn Beck - Show Recap

Was this from a different site than The Blaze or did they change The Blaze headline? I don't see where it asks (sarcastically, of course) if he should get a restraining order.

Glenn Beck - Show Recap

Stop Beck Baiting. He has no intention of getting a restraining order on anyone , much less stewart.

Stop Beck Baiting. He has no intention of getting a restraining order on anyone , much less stewart.

Beck Baiting.

Beck Baiting.

A new word has been born to my mind. Do other conservatives use this slang?

That's not how restraining orders work. Nor is Beck really able to accuse Stewart of slander. As a public figure, Beck is legally more vulnerable to criticism than regular folks like us. Of course, this goes both ways.

How is it "Beck Baiting" to quote Glenn Beck's own web site? :lol:

The only problem is......that's not from his site.

Here's the blog from The Blaze about Jon Stewart's show: (Updated) Jon Stewart Mocks Glenn Beck’s Soros Expose: ‘Worst Children’s Party Ever’ | The Blaze

EDIT: I was wrong. The copy/paste from the OP IS from The Blaze. However, it's a COMMENT by a registered member named 101, not from Glenn or anyone on Glenn's team.

Posted on November 19, 2010 at 11:08pm
Glenn seek a restraining order on Jon Stewart!

Jon Stewart is still obsessed with Glenn. His whole life seems to revolve around what Glenn says and does. Last night he devoted 66% of his entire show to Glenn – joking about the Soros expose. Glenn can take a joke, that’s completely fine, but this is just getting creepy.

I think it's kinda dishonest to imply that Glenn said he was going to get a restraining order.

Last edited:
Beck Baiting.

Beck Baiting.

A new word has been born to my mind. Do other conservatives use this slang?

beck1.jpg

icn-snelled-carp-fishing-hooks1.jpg

But it is. You click Mega's link and it goes to Beck's site. Where it says On Todays Show and the first question is the restraining order. And then at the end links to The Blaze.

The link is from The Blaze. The comment about the restraining order was from a registered user, not Glenn or anyone on Glenn's team.

Ugh. Sorry. I get it now. I didn't see the first link.

:doh

The link is from The Blaze. The comment about the restraining order was from a registered user, not Glenn or anyone on Glenn's team.

Never mind this response. Mellie found the link I was talking about.

I think media personalities spend their time in their homes aiming telescopes at their adversaries' windows.

No. The link is from glennbeck.com.

Are you saying that's not Beck's site, even though it's copyright Premier Radio Networks?

The Daily Show clips where hilarious, and the funniest part was just the clips it contained of Beck. Beck is hilarious in a way he simply does not intend and that most of his fans will never get.

Back
Top Bottom