• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should "ghost guns" be eliminated?

So called ghost guns are ending up in the hands of felons who can not buy regular guns. Hey are ending up in every increasing crime scenes since the people who use them know they can not be traced. Biden is presently trying to have the kits that are used to make the ghost guns named as guns and not parts, nd require them to have serial numbers. Do yo agree with this, or do you want the ghost guns to continue to be "legal"?

I think the only real question is "Can" they be eliminated? I think the answer to that question is "No". LIke in all else, prohibition doesn't stop anyone intent on acquiring something illegally, be it drugs, guns of MP3s...

I think the only real question is "Can" they be eliminated? I think the answer to that question is "No". LIke in all else, prohibition doesn't stop anyone intent on acquiring something illegally, be it drugs, guns of MP3s...
Sure they can - just make them illegal with no grandfather clause
I would remove mine and replace it with a serialized lower for $60 rather than do felony jail time and lose the privilege of gun ownership

I would remove mine and replace it with a serialized lower for $60 rather than do felony jail time and lose the privilege of gun ownership
Yeah, but would the criminals who already have them do the same thing?

Yeah, but would the criminals who already have them do the same thing?
I would hazard a guess that most are owned by regular folks.
Most criminals aren’t going to care at all - Hell, they don’t give a shit about penalties for the crimes they commit - why would they care about the guns?

Do you suppose a murderer or would-be-murderer will be as dilligent to stay within the law?

I mean, if you made cigarettes illegal I'm sure a number of people will stop smoking too, but that isn't the argument I was making. Unless you are planning to go murder people with your current ghost gun, the law would accomplish zero in your case other than make you spend $60 to replace your lower.

Back
Top Bottom