• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Facebook and Twitter Censor Mostly Peaceful Posts?

jonny5

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
For example, all the posts about "burn it down" regarding the Breonna Taylor indictments. Or the misinformation regarding police shootings that indirectly lead to mostly peaceful burning, looting, and assaulting of cops.

Some examples:

This is not about whether they have a right to do it. They absolutely do.
But Im torn. Clearly directly inciting violence is a problem, and probably should be censored. However, Im not sure I go as far as censoring fake news and lies, so long as they dont directly call for violence.

They should ban quarter wit carnival barkers who violate the ToS.

For example, all the posts about "burn it down" regarding the Breonna Taylor indictments. Or the misinformation regarding police shootings that indirectly lead to mostly peaceful burning, looting, and assaulting of cops.

Some examples:

But Im torn. Clearly directly inciting violence is a problem, and probably should be censored. However, Im not sure I go as far as censoring fake news and lies, so long as they dont directly call for violence.

Calls for violence are unacceptable IMO.

Some examples:

I really don't care what the twits at Twitter do, or do not, ban because I simply don't bother with it (or any other media source that is essentially "flamebait").

I guess I was ahead of the current story about how Facebook and Twitter are hypocritical. They are censoring the current story about Hunter Biden, yet still allow plenty of misinformation about "police brutality" and Trump, like the Atlantic story and Trumps Taxes.

They should be consistent in allowing ALL posts, with obvious exceptions for criminal behavior. Or be honest and admit their bias.

I guess I was ahead of the current story about how Facebook and Twitter are hypocritical. They are censoring the current story about Hunter Biden, yet still allow plenty of misinformation about "police brutality" and Trump, like the Atlantic story and Trumps Taxes.

They should be consistent in allowing ALL posts, with obvious exceptions for criminal behavior. Or be honest and admit their bias.

Please read the "Terms of Service" for Facebook and Twitter. They are NOT government organizations and the First Amendment does NOT apply to them. Once you have accepted the "Terms of Service" under which they agree to allow you to use the PRIVATE service they provide you are bound by them EVEN IF YOU HAVE NEVER READ THEM.

Back
Top Bottom