• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Edward Snowden Be Pardoned?

Should Edward Snowden Be Pardoned?

• Total voters
I wonder why this whistleblower is fine when others are called traitors and criminals by Trump and Republicans?

There must be a pattern somehwre but it's just so gosh darn hard to spot.

Trump's digging for votes wherever he can find them.

Inb4 "if you support whistleblowers you're a Trump supporter!" even though it is possible to support both pardoning whistleblowers like Snowden and Manning and abhor Trump and those who came before him simultaneously...

This is obviously a cheap campaign stunt by Trump to make supporters of Snowden and whistleblowers out to be Trump supporters.

Trump won't pardon Ed Snowden.

Yes.

But here’s the problem, what’s Trumps true motivation here?

Votes?

I doubt it, he wouldn’t get more than 10 for doing this.

He probably isn’t going to do it, I’m just befuddled why he would do it.

Edward Snowden exposed a dangerous and largely unnecessary expansion of government power and intrusion in to people's lives by violating their right to privacy. It is part of a legacy from the War on Terror under Bush that continued under Obama, that the American people should be very concerned about.

I think this is the right thing to do and it would be a rare moment when I would support something Trump has done in office.

Yes. Exposing illegal and unconstitutional behavior from the government shouldn't be illegal. You can complain about his methods, but he exposed government corruption and some positive change and awareness has come from it.

Yes.

But here’s the problem, what’s Trumps true motivation here?

Votes?

I doubt it, he wouldn’t get more than 10 for doing this.

He probably isn’t going to do it, I’m just befuddled why he would do it.

Welp, guess we'll know when we learn who's been talking to him.

Nope. His crime is on-going.

I could care less about him, he is no Daniel Ellsberg.

So trump wants to pardon a traitor who ran away to russia. Did his bff vlad ask him to do this?

Snowden should be treated like Manning. Prison for a few years, then, release.

Anything less is partisan hackery.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

Back
Top Bottom