• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Donald Trump be allowed access to the President Daily Briefs (PDB) after leaving office?

[W:104] Should Trump be allowed access to the PDB after he leaves the White House?

• No

Votes: 87 88.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
It's not nonsense to highlight the utter hypocrisy you and others are demonstrating by absolving Obama from taking the blame for being the ones who emptied the stockpiles in the 1st place and left it empty for 6 years and only focusing on Trump who didn't fix the 6 year Obama-created problem in 3.
I didn't absolve anything

You're not dealing in reality. I don't want to call you a liar but you're really not telling the truth.

The SNS had supplies that were distributed in early 2020. A lot of the material was spoiled, rotted or had expired. I don't know how you can honestly say he "left it empty". It wasn't empty. The supplies were garbage.

As for "fixing" the problem... The "fix" was to have money allocated and have a purchase order cut to replace the spoiled, rotted, or expired goods. Anyone with a few months training could do that. The only thing that a manager would have to know is that they needed to do that. The Trump team wasn't interested in doing it. This is the price of political appointments. Putting your lackeys into positions of power when they have no skills at the job results in catastrophes like we saw. It was much like Bush II appointing Michael Brown to FEMA. Incompetence kills.

Now as I've stated before, Obama's people were probably--PROBABLY--not that much better. Often things like PPE has very long shelf lives if you keep it in climate controlled storage. Its incredibly likely that some (if not most) of this stuff was spoiled, rotted, or expired while Obama was in office. We don't know that. What we do know is that when Trump activated the SNS, the stuff was not up to standard. He had 3 years to check on it...get a PO cut (which takes about 11 seconds if your computer is slow) and place an order with Cardinal Healthcare. He didn't do it.

Blaming Obama who was out of office for over 1,000 days is flat out silly and dishonest. You should be ashamed for making that bullshit argument.

I didn't absolve anything

You're not dealing in reality. I don't want to call you a liar but you're really not telling the truth.

The SNS had supplies that were distributed in early 2020. A lot of the material was spoiled, rotted or had expired. I don't know how you can honestly say he "left it empty". It wasn't empty. The supplies were garbage.

Blaming Obama who was out of office for over 1,000 days is flat out silly and dishonest. You should be ashamed for making that bullshit argument.

All those "spoiled" N95 masks. Sure...and if they were spoiled, at what point where the spoiled? Did they sit around for 6 years and just magically spoil 20 Jan 2017 when Trump was sworn in? What a weird premise you have.

Fact check: Did Obama administration deplete N95 mask stockpile? (usatoday.com)

All those "spoiled" N95 masks. Sure...and if they were spoiled, at what point where the spoiled? Did they sit around for 6 years and just magically spoil 20 Jan 2017 when Trump was sworn in? What a weird premise you have.

Fact check: Did Obama administration deplete N95 mask stockpile? (usatoday.com)

Trump had 3 YEARS---1,000 days--to check on them to make sure they were not about to expire. He didn't. That is his fault.

IF your wife buys you a tube of toothpaste in 2017 and hand it to you. You put it in your medicine cabinet but you don't use it until 2020 and find out it's rotten...is it her fault that it went out of date while you had it in your medicine cabinet?

Trump had 3 YEARS---1,000 days--to check on them to make sure they were not about to expire. He didn't. That is his fault.

They weren't there to expire. You weren't properly replenished. Tf you talking about?

IF your wife buys you a tube of toothpaste in 2017 and hand it to you. You put it in your medicine cabinet but you don't use it until 2020 and find out it's rotten...is it her fault that it went out of date while you had it in your medicine cabinet?

If she gave me a used tube of toothpaste with only 1/4 left, and it was expires, yes....that would be her ****ing fault. I fixed your shitty analogy.

They weren't there to expire. You weren't properly replenished. Tf you talking about?
Huh?

If she gave me a used tube of toothpaste with only 1/4 left, and it was expires, yes....that would be her ****ing fault. I fixed your shitty analogy.

No you made up your own facts (a habit you have) that have no basis in reality.

The Stockpile wasn't empty when Trump got it. He didn't fix any deficiencies that may have been there when he inherited it.
You've proven that you are no longer worth the effort.

It can't expire if it's not there. The stockpiles were not replenished.

No you made up your own facts (a habit you have) that have no basis in reality.

The Stockpile wasn't empty when Trump got it. He didn't fix any deficiencies that may have been there when he inherited it.
You've proven that you are no longer worth the effort.

It most certainly was left not properly replenished. I won't use a loaded term such as "empty" because if there was one single N95 mask left it could be said, "See?! It wasn't 'empty'!" That you're ill-informed as to these realities is your problem and the real hilarious part is, your position isn't even logical.

If the stockpiles were properly replenished when Trump took over then we wouldn't be talking about this. You wouldn't be able to say, "Why didn't Trump fix it in 3 years?" Fix what? Eh? Fix ****ing what?

Well, some opinions I have...such as whether Biden would be able to put anyone on the Supreme Court...are open to be corrected. I don't think he could get his first nominee through the Senate. That is my opinion. And it could be wrong.
I'm not wrong about the senior officials in the Trump or Obama Administrations not knowing there was an SNS. The DHS secretary may have. But when you're talking about Obama, Trump, Kushner, Jarrett, Bannon, Axelrod...none knew there was this stockpile. Guaranteed.
I'm not surprised that your "guarantee" your opinion is fact.

Thank you.

So, according to Mr. Trump THERE WAS NO SHORTAGE when COVID-19 struck.

That would make it completely irrelevant whether or not Mr. Obama allowed a shortage to accumulate - wouldn't it?

It can't expire if it's not there. The stockpiles were not replenished.

Doesn't

Q Mr. President, on the stockpile of supplies for a pandemic: Yesterday, from the podium, you blamed your predecessor, saying that when you arrived as President, you said, quote, “We took over an empty shelf.” You’ve been President now for more than three years. Why didn’t you and your administration fill that shelf?

THE PRESIDENT: Yeah, I did. We did fill it twice. We filled it twice and we’ve been distributing that for — for literally a year. We’ve been —

Q So why are we in this position, I guess Americans are asking?

THE PRESIDENT: — filling out — we’ve been — nice question, Peter. Thank you very much. We’ve been filling it out and we’ve been filling that stockpile many, many times. It’s been filled many, many times.

(Remarks by President Trump, Vice President Pence, and Members of the Coronavirus Task Force in Press Briefing)
( March 27, 2020 [less than one month after the first COVID-19 death in the US])

sort of hint that the stockpiles had been replenished before COVID-19 struck the US?

Of course it could also mean that the stockpiles had been replenished in about 30 days (which I would say was an absolutely miraculous feat - even better than feeding "a multitude" [generally acknowledged to be around 5,000 people] with five loaves and two fish [after all Jesus didn't have to deal with a bureaucracy or governmental purchasing regulations]).

If the stockpiles were properly replenished when Trump took over then we wouldn't be talking about this. You wouldn't be able to say, "Why didn't Trump fix it in 3 years?" Fix what? Eh? Fix ****ing what?

If the stockpiles HAD been replenished prior to COVID-19 hitting the US, then the fact that they had been "depleted" prior to COVID-19 hitting the US is irrelevant.

If the stockpiles were replenished between the date of the first known US Covid-19 death and 27 MAR 20, then see above re "loaves and fish".

If the stockpiles had NOT been replenished by 27 MAR 20, then the statement by Mr. Trump is

02 - BS meter.jpg

Sorry but you need to redo this thread to "If Joe Biden actually takes office should intelligence briefs be withheld from him due to his dementia?

Sorry but you need to redo this thread to "If Joe Biden actually takes office should intelligence briefs be withheld from him due to his dementia?

Yes, I can see how you would support having the United States of America run by someone who has no knowledge of the facts.

If that's what the normal rule is then yeah, I suppose he should have access.

As much as I hate the fat tub of lard if Obama still gets them then so should Trump.

If that's what the normal rule is then yeah, I suppose he should have access.

As much as I hate the fat tub of lard if Obama still gets them then so should Trump.

The "normal rule of thumb" is that "the President gets to decide who gets copies of the PDB". That decision is based on "need to know", "matters which may directly affect the recipient", and "national security considerations". Not everyone who "receives the PDB" receives 100% of the PDB and not everyone receives it daily.

If the PDB contained an item which detailed a credible threat to the life of Mr. Trump, then I would have no difficulty in having the general content of THAT ITEM released to Mr. Trump (somewhat along the lines of

"We are prepared to offer you increased Secret Service protection because we believe that sometime in the reasonably near future an attempt to assassinate you will be made. We cannot tell you the identity of the person, persons, organization, or organizations that may, or may not, be making that attempt because of the security considerations surrounding an ongoing investigation. If you do not wish any additional Secret Service protection, please sign and return the enclosed document which states

"I, Donald John Trump, having been informed by the government of the United States of America of a potential assassination plot directed at me, and having been offered additional Secret Service protection to guard against the possibility of that plot succeeding, hereby decline any additional Secret Service protection and also hereby exempt and save harmless the government of the United States of America from any potential loss, injury, or damage which I may suffer as a result of that assassination plot.​

PLEASE NOTE - Should you fail to return the enclosed document, properly executed, dated, and witnessed, your Secret Service detail WILL be increased by such number as the government of the United States of America considers to be appropriate and you will be required to cooperate with, and assist, that Secret Service detail in all such matters as its members deem necessary in order to guard against the success of any assassination plot. Such matters MAY include that, at no time, will you enter any place that you have NOT been in within the last hour (AND where it is possible for another person to have entered it undetected) until AFTER a through security search of that place has been made.​

Having Mr. Trump wait 45 minutes while the Secret Service searched the bathroom for concealed bombs would be a minor price to pay to preserve the life of "The Greatest American President In All History (Past, Present, or Future)" - don't you think?

How many men in Trump's administration were indicted for dealing with the Russians?

Oh, that's right. None.
Yet. Rumor is Jared and Don Jr will be getting pardons for the meeting with the Russians. Although I'm sure it had to do with adoption like they claimed.

Of course Trump should keep all security clearance. We can feed the Russians bad intel.

In case you missed it, there was a lot going on. Maybe if much of the time and effort wasn't being taken away by a sham attempt at impeachment it could've been addressed. Maybe if decades of policies selling out our workers to China Trump wouldn't have had to focus so much effort trying to address that problem. Maybe if Obama hadn't had left office with tensions so high with North Korea, to possibly the brink of war, it could've been more focused on.

Either way, Obama is the one that left the stockpiles empty and he wasn't doing much of shit at the time.
This is true. Trump was so busy during the impeachment he didn't have the time to go to the warehouses personally to take inventory, and place orders to replenish stock. The rest of your comment is just as inane.

In case you missed it, there was a lot going on. Maybe if much of the time and effort wasn't being taken away by a sham attempt at impeachment it could've been addressed. Maybe if decades of policies selling out our workers to China Trump wouldn't have had to focus so much effort trying to address that problem. Maybe if Obama hadn't had left office with tensions so high with North Korea, to possibly the brink of war, it could've been more focused on.

Either way, Obama is the one that left the stockpiles empty and he wasn't doing much of shit at the time.

That's like a woman making excuses for her husband.

Didn't deep state Obama agents just spend 4 years leaking classified and top secret intel to the CCP media and to foreign entities such as Iran?

{

Horowitz wrote:

}

As always, what the Stalinist democrats accuse Trump of, is exactly what they have been doing.
Great source you have there!

You're still dodging the point. Why are you holding Trump more accountable than Obama? Obama is the one that used them up and had twice as much time to replenish them yet you only want to focus on Trump, though the lion's share of the blame lies with Obama. Why is that?
Were they in fact used up? This may be more Trump bullshit, like "when I took over the military did not have any bullets". The problem with electing a serial liar to the presidency is that you can't separate truth from fiction.

And yet the Communist party under Obamugabe imprisoned more whistleblowers than the other 5 administrations around him combined.

If not for double standards, Khmer Rouge democrats would have no standards at all.

There is an expectation that those who swear under penalty of treason that they will keep classified and secret information safe. If I breach my clearance, I WILL go to prison, yet we see those like Comrade Brennan openly engage in treason, while not only is he not executed or put in prison, he is paid by the party through their media stooges. Same with McCabe and Strzok - open treason is rewarded. I spend half my life with NIST 171-800, DFARS 252-204-7012, and CMMC. If you are a peasant and violate the most minute aspect, you WILL go to prison for a long, long time. But our ruling caste engaging in treason openly gets a wink and nod.

You're not an American and you clearly don't support America, so in all real ways your opinions are meaningless. A foreign enemy who bitterly hates the nation has no impact on my view of political developments here. Again we note though, democrats align with foreign enemies, every single time.
YOU HAVE A SECURITY CLEARANCE? !!! That is scary in and of itself. You think anybody not strictly aligned with your views is a communist, yet you defend Trump and his cavorting with Russia, a country which I presume you know is communist, I mean with your security clearance and all.

For sure there is a lot of blame on the Democrats. Y'all blamed Republicans for Obama not getting things done and he didn't have much on his plate, especially at the end of his 2nd term, so I feel 100% OK with highlighting the many issues that had to be dealt with. Some of those issues weren't specific to Dems (e.g. selling out US workers to China), though I'm not surprised you missed that.

Push comes to shove, Obama is the one that left the stockpiles empty and you want to bitch at Trump about it but not Obama. Pathetic but predictable.
Republicans were to blame for reflexively killing anything Obama favored in an effort to sabotage his presidencey. It was their stated goal. I love the way you blame Obama for the loss of jobs to China when it was the Bush administration that promoted off shoring with such enthusiasm. Obama was unable to stop the trend since Mich openly opposed anything he wanted to do. Incidentally, Trump hasn't been able to stop the job exportation either, although he lies about that.

Sure, just as soon as he can pass the background check to get a Top Secret Clearance......

Works for me! Trump has as much chance earning the appropriate security clearance as he does winning the Gold Medal in the high jump at the Olympics.

This is true. Trump was so busy during the impeachment he didn't have the time to go to the warehouses personally to take inventory, and place orders to replenish stock. The rest of your comment is just as inane.

What part, in specific, is inane?

Back
Top Bottom