• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

should doctors remove healthy organs ?

doctors should remove healthy organs ?

• they should remove just in case

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • they should remove in both cases

• they shouldnt remove in any case

• Total voters

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
in what cases should they remove them ?

at risk of developing cancer

or just in case ?

http://learningenglish.voanews.com/content/angelina_jolie-mastectomy/1663285.html

enetic Tests Can Help Predict Breast and Ovarian Cancer

Angelina Jolie’s decision to have a double mastectomy – to have both her breasts removed – has made many people talk about the risk of breast cancer. Experts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report that around 1.3 million people are diagnosed with breast cancer worldwide each year. VOA’s Carol Pearson looked at Jolie’s decision and other options available to women who might develop breast cancer. June Simms has her report.

Two major genes are related to breast and ovarian cancer. The genes are called BRCA1 and BRCA2. Doctors have found that changes to these genes can increase the odds of developing breast and ovarian cancer.

Marc Boisvert is a doctor at Medstar Washington Hospital. He says not all women with breast cancer have the BRCA gene change. He says patients with and without the gene change have the same chance of survival. But, Dr. Boisvert notes an important difference in cancer patients who test positive for BRCA1 and BRCA2 gene changes.

Last edited:
Not quite sure where you're going with this, but yes - kidney transplant.

I need more details on what you are actually asking.....

or just in case ?

Tonsils are removed all the time "just in case." So are female reproductive parts. I can't think of any more discretionary organ removals, but there probably are some. If it makes medical sense, of course. Remove it. Some women have their breasts removed prophylactically. If it floats their boat? It's their body.

There are some families where breast cancer is almost guaranteed. I'd do it if were a female in one of them (and replace them with a set of Double D's and spend the rest of my life massaging them)

If the risks of leaving the organ in outweigh the risks of removing it, then remove it. If not, then not.

@ Gipper: How can you be so sure that the organ into which the other organ is inserted is finished?

Breasts aren't organs technically.

Breasts are not required for the human body to function. There is no comparing removing your breasts due to a genetic risk for cancer to removing a kidney.

Breasts are not required for the human body to function. There is no comparing removing your breasts due to a genetic risk for cancer to removing a kidney.

When I posted that he hadn't yet editted his OP to include the article. So the question made no sense.

This was the entire OP as originally posted:

or just in case ?

You can pry my boobs from my cold dead woman.

:D

Back
Top Bottom