• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Cruz be thrown out of the Senate?

Linc

NIMBY
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Ted Cruz apologizes for Bataan remark - Tal Kopan - POLITICO.com

'At the end of his speech last week, Cruz wrapped up by acknowledging floor staff and individuals who worked during his speech, thanking "the men and women who have endured this---this Bataan death march".'

How would Republicans have reacted if a Democratic Senator had done this?
Is Cruz being given a pass by his own party?
Should Cruz be allowed to serve with real heroes like Sen. McCain?

Why would you throw someone out who was elected by his constituents, if he had done nothing illegal or unethical according to their standards?

Intensely silly attack on Cruz. My grandmother's only brother lost his life in the Bataan Death March and it's long been the subject of conversation and reflection with my family. But Cruz's comments showed no disrespect whatsoever.

Do you know a Veteran?
Veterans and their families do not take kindly to using a Bataan death march for a 21-hour partisan charade.
Imagine how our real heroes feel watching a USA Senator dishonor them!

Intensely silly attack on Cruz. My grandmother's only brother lost his life in the Bataan Death March and it's long been the subject of conversation and reflection with my family. But Cruz's comments showed no disrespect whatsoever.

If the remarks by Cruz showed no disrespect, as you say, then why did he apoligize to Veterans for them?

Do you know a Veteran?
Veterans and their families do not take kindly to using a Bataan death march for a 21-hour partisan charade.
Imagine how our real heroes feel watching a USA Senator dishonor them!

Almost my entire family are veterans, myself included (Vietnam vet), some are retired military. As I mentioned my great uncle died in the Death March. He said nothing to dishonor us.

Then why did Cruz apologize right away to American and Filipino Veterans when called on his remarks? Easy question.
Almost my entire family are veterans, myself included (Vietnam vet), some are retired military. As I mentioned my great uncle died in the Death March. He said nothing to dishonor us.

If the remarks by Cruz showed no disrespect, as you say, then why did he apoligize to Veterans for them?

Because the idiots of both parties who parse every syllable looking for a meme they can foist upon their followers were busy trying to spin this into a weapon they could use against their current enemy number one.

It was an idiot from the republican party who said these disgraceful things, not the Democratic party.
These remarks will be played over and over in 12 months for the smugness they represent.
Because the idiots of both parties who parse every syllable looking for a meme they can foist upon their followers were busy trying to spin this into a weapon they could use against their current enemy number one.

That's the next President of the United States, you're talking about...

Ted Cruz apologizes for Bataan remark - Tal Kopan - POLITICO.com

'At the end of his speech last week, Cruz wrapped up by acknowledging floor staff and individuals who worked during his speech, thanking "the men and women who have endured this---this Bataan death march".'

How would Republicans have reacted if a Democratic Senator had done this?
Is Cruz being given a pass by his own party?
Should Cruz be allowed to serve with real heroes like Sen. McCain?

Nnnnnooooooo....I want this guy around ..and I want him getting a lot of press while he's around.

Think about it for a minute ....was Sarah Palin a help or a hindrance to democrats?

I want Cruz around and I want the cameras following him to report the vile things he'll obviously say to appease his base.

Basiccally Cruz's speach went like this Hitler, Nazi, Nazi, Green Eggs and ham, I am going to tell a lie about a young man, Bataan Death March.

Transaltion: I have nothing to say because I am an idiot and dont understand the moral of Green Eggs and Ham. I am just grand standing!

See that only took me 30 seconds to do. Not 21 hours

Yes, Cruz should be recalled. At the very least, he should be barred from voting while his citizenship is investigated. It appears he is not an American citizen at all.

It was an idiot from the republican party who said these disgraceful things, not the Democratic party.
These remarks will be played over and over in 12 months for the smugness they represent.

What disgraceful things? You have no connection to the service or the Bataan Death March. He made an off the cuff comparison that was twisted into something designed to piss off a few vets. This is what democrat operatives do on a daily basis. The republican operatives do the same. The dems happen to have the bully pulpit right now, so their operatives have an easier go of it.

And quit the snobby false righteousness, it doesn't suit.

Cruz made 21 hours of off the cuff comparisons and they will all be used in 13 months to bring down the people marching behind him off the cliff.
It was CRUZ who initiated the apology. Democrats are staying out of your civil war except to point it out.
What disgraceful things? You have no connection to the service or the Bataan Death March. He made an off the cuff comparison that was twisted into something designed to piss off a few vets. This is what democrat operatives do on a daily basis. The republican operatives do the same. The dems happen to have the bully pulpit right now, so their operatives have an easier go of it.

And quit the snobby false righteousness, it doesn't suit.

Laughable. The dem operatives are very much out to get Cruz. They'll twist and make false "anonymous" quotes about him. It's an old third grade playground tactic that you seem to have swallowed whole.

Back
Top Bottom