• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should countries ban fat people

Should countries ban fat people?

• Yes

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters
Well of course not.

But I think it should be perfectly acceptable in our society to belittle obese people for being unhealthy. If we can openly show scorn for smoking, we should be consistent and show scorn for other unhealthy activities.

They measured his weight by his BMI?

A muscular man with a heavily athletic figure can have a BMI suggesting he is obese when in fact he has very little body fat.

Well, if the government is foolishly trying to pay for its citizens' medical expenses, then yes they should ban people who will be a burden on that system. They have to. Such tactics are to be expected when a country has universal healthcare, and they make complete sense when the government has a vested financial interest in its citizens' health.

I'm all for it. Fat people are undesirable to look at.

...No. I say we kill them and feed Africa's poor with them. Two big fucking birds. With one small fucking stone.

Well of course not.

But I think it should be perfectly acceptable in our society to belittle obese people for being unhealthy. If we can openly show scorn for smoking, we should be consistent and show scorn for other unhealthy activities.

Thing is, Crippler, smoking is bad... period. There's no healthy cigarette out there that I know of that's healthy.

As for obesity, the risks and reasonings are still sketchy. Yes, in many cases, people are fat because they lead an unhealthy lifestyle. In some cases, not. There are certain afflictions and medications which cause people to gain weight. Should we scorn them?

On the flipside, one who is thin does not necessarily equate someone who is healthy. They can be the same out of shape lazy-assed couch potato.

On the flipside, one who is thin does not necessarily equate someone who is healthy. They can be the same out of shape lazy-assed couch potato.
you must be referring to those healthy looking AIDS victims and crack heads and such :lol:

An ongoing list of things you can legally do to make your children suffer: http://eqi.org/legal.htm
that is some seriously dumb shiite
My mother made the wrong assumption about why he wanted the car. She told my brother he only wanted one so he could have sex in it. This hurt my brother's feelings and he has never forgotten this injury to his dignity.
:2rofll: wtf. what a Loooooooooooooser
a full fledged douchebag
wah :2bigcry: :2rofll:

Actuarial Science

"Actuarial Science"
Thing is, Crippler, smoking is bad... period. There's no healthy cigarette out there that I know of that's healthy.
Does the reason for cigarette ban, which is second hand smoke, correlate to the dangers of second hand fat?

The future justification for rejection of overweight persons will be to reduce one's own insurance premiums.

A standard health tolerance for height to weight ratio will be directly tied individuals to risk categories and premiums.

Re: Actuarial Science

"Actuarial Science"
Does the reason for cigarette ban, which is second hand smoke, correlate to the dangers of second hand fat?

The future justification for rejection of overweight persons will be to reduce one's own insurance premiums.

A standard health tolerance for height to weight ratio will be directly tied individuals to risk categories and premiums.
while back I watched Don King: Only In America
he is who i picture whenever i read your posts, except for his made up words

that is what i took it as
but from your signature, i did not take it that that is how you took it :confused:

Imagine a beautiful sparrow, we'll call him humor. Imagine a plate glass window, immaculatly cleaned until it's totally transparrent. We'll call this conservatism.

People have the freedom to get fat.Some people are fat and are gonna be fat forever.

Cough In Coffin Coffers

"Cough In Coffin Coffers"
the reason for smoking bans are nanny state jackasses, not a genuine concern for second hand smoke
Insurance premiums are tied to a smoking category, that is affected by private citizens interests for their collective financial risk.

If smoking harms only oneself, albeit that others have a concern, they have no provocation of self defense to stop it; however, what if it results in others being expected to pay money?

new coup for you said:
If we lived in a country with socialized medicine they could be considered a undue drain on public resources.
What is the limitation on state obligations to provide medical services for smoking related issues?

Last edited:
Re: Cough In Coffin Coffers

"Cough In Coffin Coffers"
Insurance premiums are tied to a smoking category, that is affected by private citizens interests for their collective financial risk.

If by smoking (to ill health) harms only oneself, albeit others have a concern, they have no provocation of self defense to stop it; however, what if it results in others being expected to pay money?

What is the limitation on state obligations to provide medical services for smoking related issues?

So have smoking bans been shown to reduce health insurance premiums in areas that effect smoking bans? Nope, next please.

while back I watched Don King: Only In America
he is who i picture whenever i read your posts, except for his made up words

Imagine a beautiful sparrow, we'll call him humor. Imagine a plate glass window, immaculatly cleaned until it's totally transparrent. We'll call this conservatism.

Two great posts right in a row.

c'mon everybody, sing it with me

"fat people got no reason
fat people got no reason
fat people got no reason
To live

Living For Today

"Living For Today"
So have smoking bans been shown to reduce health insurance premiums in areas that effect smoking bans? Nope, next please.
Healthcare costs related to smoking are generational.
On average, the aging generation smoked.
It would take time for an overall reduction in health costs to translate into reduced premiums, but the expected values can be calculated and cost savings rendered aforehand.

I think it's ludicrous, but it is a sovereign nation and they may make the rules they want.

Back
Top Bottom