• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Congress investigate Biden/Biden's son/Ukraine/Trump?

Should Congress investigate Biden/Biden's son/Ukraine/Trump?

• Total voters
"Everybody knows who Donald Trump is. Even his supporters know who he is. We got to let him know who we are. We choose unity over division. We choose science over fiction. We choose truth over facts."
Biden tells Iowans: 'We choose truth over facts'

"Truth" they tell not based upon "facts" - that is what the propaganda outlets of the corporate super rich want you to accept - and you do.

Very sad that anyone can be that gullible and that much of a cult follower - a cult that rejects all facts.

"Unity" are you serious? This man's intention from the very first republican debate was to divide and separate this country. How many times has Trump lied over the past 3 years and each one substantiated and proven to be 100% untruthful? Thousands. Who the hell does the right think they are by claiming anything at all regarding Trump and the truth. He doesn't know the truth and neither do you.

Go right ahead, keep letting him know who you are. It's not going to help his cause at this point. And you're all on the wrong side of history now.

I find most of these polls biased by whomever puts them up. Their questions are mostly biased. Once in awhile one is worth answering.

Obviously you don't debate anyone since this is an open topic for everyone on the forum. Of course, like nearly all Democrats do, you try to derail every topic unless it is TDS or other hate ranting.

You are not everyone on this forum Joko.

I am really curious where the righties get their information. It is so skewed from mainstream news. Kind of scary that there are sources putting out such extreme disinformation. Even worse there are those who seek it out and accept 8t as factual.

This is the legacy of the CEC

Because $1 BILLION of US dollars is involved, that's why. The SINGLE basis of granting or denying $1 Billion to Ukraine was whether or not the prosecutor investigating his son <snip>

When you get the most basic of facts wrong, no sense in going further. He was not investigating Hunter Biden.

Joe Biden's son, who was a failed student in history, obtained over $1 million per year as a "consultant" for a Ukraine energy company, receiving over $3 million in total. VP president Joe Biden learns that Ukraine's attorney general/top prosecutor, is investigating his son.

Acting like he is the president, Democratic VP Joe Biden telling the president of Ukraine that if the Ukraine president does not fire the prosecutor investigating his son within 6 hours he will using is political position to block a $1 billion dollar loan to Ukraine - while in the same time frame President Obama has given Crimea to Russia and turned a blind eye to Russian invasion into Eastern Ukraine.

With Joe Biden's threat to use his political position to protect his son, the Ukraine prosecutor is fired because Ukraine is desperate for money. Biden then brags how as VP he protected his son.

How is that not grotesquely illegal?

Regardless, shouldn't both the House and Senate investigation - subpoenaing Joe Biden and his son? Shouldn't they both subpoena their emails, memos and interview Biden's staff members? Shouldn't President Obama be required to testify as to whether or not he in fact did turn presidential power over to Joe Biden - and if so, how and why?

We have learned the report of a whistle blow was a lie. There is no whistle blower. Rather, there is an unnamed person who claims they heard someone else say something about a phone conversation Trump had - never personally hearing anything nor having a clue what was concerning about the call.

President Trump said he will release a full transcript of his telephone conversation. Shouldn't Congress explore all of this?

The OP = Pluto's sweater:

First, let me just say that you can tell the bias by the choices given to us....but on to the larger issue. There are problems with the accusation.

For starters, the desire to remove the prosecutor, Shokin, was already a policy goal of the Obama administration and of other western leaders due to the widespread knowledge of Shokin's corruption.

Biden DID make a threat...but at the time it was made, no one is even sure that the company his son was working for was even under investigation. And, as PolitiFact points out; no one knows if the company the son worked would even have benefited from Shokin's removal. The threat had to do more with enacting Obama's policy. Biden:

"I remember going over (to Ukraine), convincing our team … that we should be providing for loan guarantees. … And I was supposed to announce that there was another billion-dollar loan guarantee. And I had gotten a commitment from (then Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko) and from (then-Prime Minister Arseniy) Yatsenyuk that they would take action against the state prosecutor (Shokin). And they didn’t. ...

"They were walking out to a press conference. I said, nah, ... we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said, ‘You have no authority. You’re not the president.’ … I said, call him. I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. ... I looked at them and said, ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money.’ Well, son of a bitch. He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time."

And, as a result, the Ukraine Parliment had a no-confidence vote and ousted Shokin.

If you want to investigate this...again...then let me tell you now that it will take a back-burner to Trump. Why? Well, the differences in each case. Biden can say that he was pursuing administration and EU policy as it WAS policy. Biden's actions had nothing to do with digging up dirt or asking a foreign national to help defeat a GOP contender to the presidency. Biden did not ask a foreign government for help in defeating a rival who was in his way to the White House. Trump did that.

Not only that but Trump is president and Biden hasn't even won the DNC nomination yet. Who holds the bigger threat to the US? Answer Trump does. Not Biden.

Look, like some of the candidate, I'm not fond of Biden. I don't think he should be president. But this accusation is already old and resolved news. Even if there were something to it, the allegations against Trump are far more serious and need to be addressed first.

Wow, you deny what Joe Biden said himself. When Joe Biden demanded Democrats no longer "accept facts" apparently - by your message - you swore a loyalty oath to never accept any facts ever again and will accept what the propaganda outlets of the richest people on earth tell you. In my life, I never saw myself as that trivial and that much of a chump.
Were denying what you claim, not anyone else. That's why you don't link to credible sources with citations in your opening post.

This bogus nonsense you're posting is jut pushing right wing counter-propaganda to Trump having admitted to pressuring Ukraine to invest his chief political rival for the upcoming election. Prosecutors in Ukraine agreed zero evidence on any wrong-doing for Biden's son.

Opposition to that prosecutor was a United States objective...not Biden personally...and it was a view held by many western nations including pro-western in Ukraine that the guy was corrupt, and had to go. And I posted the link, and cited the info in the prior post. You have nothing, as always Joko

You ever notice that the republican response to being caught with their hand in the cookie jar is to immediately say "Look what he did was worse" and 90% of the time it's a lie.

Yes, investigate all of it. If Biden and his son are dirty they should go to prison. If Trump is dirty he should be impeached and then go to prison.

Joe Biden's son, who was a failed student in history, obtained over $1 million per year as a "consultant" for a Ukraine energy company, receiving over $3 million in total. VP president Joe Biden learns that Ukraine's attorney general/top prosecutor, is investigating his son.

Acting like he is the president, Democratic VP Joe Biden telling the president of Ukraine that if the Ukraine president does not fire the prosecutor investigating his son within 6 hours he will using is political position to block a $1 billion dollar loan to Ukraine - while in the same time frame President Obama has given Crimea to Russia and turned a blind eye to Russian invasion into Eastern Ukraine.

With Joe Biden's threat to use his political position to protect his son, the Ukraine prosecutor is fired because Ukraine is desperate for money. Biden then brags how as VP he protected his son.

Regardless, shouldn't both the House and Senate investigation - subpoenaing Joe Biden and his son? Shouldn't they both subpoena their emails, memos and interview Biden's staff members? Shouldn't President Obama be required to testify as to whether or not he in fact did turn presidential power over to Joe Biden - and if so, how and why?

We have learned the report of a whistle blow was a lie. There is no whistle blower. Rather, there is an unnamed person who claims they heard someone else say something about a phone conversation Trump had - never personally hearing anything nor having a clue what was concerning about the call.

President Trump said he will release a full transcript of his telephone conversation. Shouldn't Congress explore all of this?

I just couldn't pull the trigger to vote for any of those options. But, I do find it rather funny that the left believe Trump should be investigated for every Russian or Ukranian connection but investigating Biden has never been brought up by Democrats. Even though investigations can be important, both sides have been abusing their power, using partisan investigations for political purposes so I really had to think about voting that Congressional investigations are a waste of time and money.

First, let me just say that you can tell the bias by the choices given to us....but on to the larger issue. There are problems with the accusation.

For starters, the desire to remove the prosecutor, Shokin, was already a policy goal of the Obama administration and of other western leaders due to the widespread knowledge of Shokin's corruption.

Biden DID make a threat...but at the time it was made, no one is even sure that the company his son was working for was even under investigation. And, as PolitiFact points out; no one knows if the company the son worked would even have benefited from Shokin's removal. The threat had to do more with enacting Obama's policy. Biden:

"I remember going over (to Ukraine), convincing our team … that we should be providing for loan guarantees. … And I was supposed to announce that there was another billion-dollar loan guarantee. And I had gotten a commitment from (then Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko) and from (then-Prime Minister Arseniy) Yatsenyuk that they would take action against the state prosecutor (Shokin). And they didn’t. ...

"They were walking out to a press conference. I said, nah, ... we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said, ‘You have no authority. You’re not the president.’ … I said, call him. I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. ... I looked at them and said, ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money.’ Well, son of a bitch. He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time."

And, as a result, the Ukraine Parliment had a no-confidence vote and ousted Shokin.

If you want to investigate this...again...then let me tell you now that it will take a back-burner to Trump. Why? Well, the differences in each case. Biden can say that he was pursuing administration and EU policy as it WAS policy. Biden's actions had nothing to do with digging up dirt or asking a foreign national to help defeat a GOP contender to the presidency. Biden did not ask a foreign government for help in defeating a rival who was in his way to the White House. Trump did that.

Not only that but Trump is president and Biden hasn't even won the DNC nomination yet. Who holds the bigger threat to the US? Answer Trump does. Not Biden.

Look, like some of the candidate, I'm not fond of Biden. I don't think he should be president. But this accusation is already old and resolved news. Even if there were something to it, the allegations against Trump are far more serious and need to be addressed first.

That is 100% false. The NYT had twice reported his son was being investigated.

Nancy Pelosi just assured this all will be investigated for the purpose of eliminating Biden's campaign, while cleverly claiming it is to investigate Trump. This assured Biden's dealings thru his son with Ukraine and China are fully revealed day after day, week after week. The "impeachment inquiry" over this is really about the Party bosses eliminating Joe Biden on behalf of Elizabeth Warren. There is nothing else to it.

VP president Joe Biden learns that Ukraine's attorney general/top prosecutor, is investigating his son.
False Statement.

Acting like he is the president, Democratic VP Joe Biden telling the president of Ukraine that if the Ukraine president does not fire the prosecutor investigating his son within 6 hours he will using is political position to block a $1 billion dollar loan to Ukraine
False Statement.

The rest is pretty much the same.

I think we should deal with Biden BECAUSE AFTER ALL EQUAL JUSTICE FOR ALL! Oh wait that’s right you are going to protect Alzheimer uncle joe and junior. Impeach trump is a joke

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I find it troubling that Trump attempted to rope the AG into a scheme to dig up dirt on Biden. This is alarming, the AG has no authority over a foreign investigation, nor is he the Presidents personal lawyer. I find it incredible that Trumps supporters believe this is even remotely ethical.

Has the bar really been set so low that its ok for thePresisent to use the Justice Dept. as a weapon in his quest for political dirt, shame on Trump and those that believe this is ok.

Congress? No.

DOJ? Yes.

Nancy Pelosi and House Democrats voted YES in this poll! :lol:

Pelosi and the Democratic Party have assured that Joe Biden and his son are going to be investigated for both Ukraine and China illegal bribery, graft and extortion. This is a very clever false flag by Democrats in Congress, the MSM and the press to get rid of Joe Biden, while pretending it is about Trump.

Democratic Party bosses controlled the 2016 primary in a very sloppy way for Hilary Clinton to stop Bernie Sanders. They are going for a fast kill of Joe Biden's campaign on behalf of Elizabeth Warren.

The Democratic Party understands most Democrats are submissive cult worshipers so will think, believe and do whatever they are told. Joe Biden got caught in a very, very serious crime he committed. Pelosi and House Democrats are dutifully now destroying Joe Biden's campaign with this.

It is fun watching the Democratic Party candidates and party bosses destroy each other. :lamo

Last edited:
Sure, why not.

Chanting "lock her up" is all worn out ;)

silly Joko

don't u know only Republicans get investigated exhaustively and ruthlessly?

Back
Top Bottom