• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Clarence Thomas be IMPEACHED because of Ginni Thomas's 1/6 participation?

Should Clarence Thomas be IMPEACHED because of Ginni Thomas's 1/6 participation?

• Total voters

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I know what patriotic Americans would choose in this poll.

View attachment 67380267

"Justice Clarence Thomas was the lone vote to block the House Select Committee from getting January 6th documents from Donald Trump," Bookbinder wrote. "We know now that his wife participated in the Jan. 6 rally. That creates a clear appearance of bias and a possible major conflict of interest."

The popular politics podcast "No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen" weighed in on its official Twitter account, writing: "Clarence Thomas needs to be investigated immediately."

"If you are a Supreme Court Justice whose wife attended a rally that resulted in the January 6th Capitol attack, you should do the right thing and recuse yourself from voting on the Capitol attack cases," Stern wrote.

View attachment 67380267

"Justice Clarence Thomas was the lone vote to block the House Select Committee from getting January 6th documents from Donald Trump," Bookbinder wrote. "We know now that his wife participated in the Jan. 6 rally. That creates a clear appearance of bias and a possible major conflict of interest."

The popular politics podcast "No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen" weighed in on its official Twitter account, writing: "Clarence Thomas needs to be investigated immediately."

"If you are a Supreme Court Justice whose wife attended a rally that resulted in the January 6th Capitol attack, you should do the right thing and recuse yourself from voting on the Capitol attack cases," Stern wrote.
Another stupid spin thread.

Dismissed.

View attachment 67380267

democrats want to impeach the only black justice 😂
😂

Just gets crazier and crazier!
It's at the lunatic level!

The answer to the stupid question is a resoundingly NO!

And then if you dare disagree with this
stupid thread you are..... wait for it...?

Just gets crazier and crazier!
It's at the lunatic level!

The answer to the stupid question is a resoundingly NO!

And then if you dare disagree with this
stupid thread you are..... wait for it...?
At least you participated.

But everyone knows what they are trying to do... Remember what Biden did to him in his confirmation hearing? Nasty.
I don't recall. What did Biden do?

I don't see how Thomas can be impeached for having a politically active wife. Don't get me wrong - I loathe Thomas' politics and politicization of the Court, and it's in no way surprising that his wife is connected to January 6th, but so far, her appearances have been limited to rallies.

That being said, if there's evidence that she helped orchestrate criminal activity, then the next step is for the Committee and/or the Department of Justice to investigate to determine what Thomas knew and when he knew it. If there's evidence he was aware of a criminal conspiracy and did nothing to intervene, he absolutely should be impeached. It won't be successful, but that shouldn't stop the impeachment process. Even if impeachment isn't successful, as far as I know, he can still be prosecuted while serving as a judge.

I don't see how Thomas can be impeached for having a politically active wife. Don't get me wrong - I loathe Thomas' politics and politicization of the Court, and it's in no way surprising that his wife is connected to January 6th, but so far, her appearances have been limited to rallies.

That being said, if there's evidence that she helped orchestrate criminal activity, then the next step is for the Committee and/or the Department of Justice to investigate to determine what Thomas knew and when he knew it. If there's evidence he was aware of a criminal conspiracy and did nothing to intervene, he absolutely should be impeached. It won't be successful, but that shouldn't stop the impeachment process. Even if impeachment isn't successful, as far as I know, he can still be prosecuted while serving as a judge.
I support the investigation.

View attachment 67380267

Absolutely!!! We should never allow free speech we disagree with!!! How can we ever have freedom if we allow people to disagree with what we say?

Even if he were to be brought up for impeachment, who is going to do it. If they couldn't get rid of the former guy; this is even less so to happen

I don't think the dog and pony show has the balls to take on a Supreme Court Justice and, since Garland is a puppet who takes his marching orders from the same puppet masters that Biden does, he won't take on a Supreme Court Justice, either.

It's a political kill shot for whoever goes after Thomas or his wife.

It's a stupid idea. The little lady can't have an opinion now? Wtf?

I think Thomas is partisan in his decisions, but he is what he is, and his wife having like opinions isn't that surprising. Thousands of people went to that rally and there is nothing wrong with it. I can't believe anyone is even suggesting this!

Its not remotely realistic to even investigate. Congress is about to change hands with midterms anyway.

View attachment 67380267

This looks very much like corruption ....

Absolutely!!! We should never allow free speech we disagree with!!! How can we ever have freedom if we allow people to disagree with what we say?
Is the 1/6 planning, inciting and assault on our Capitol free speech?

View attachment 67380267

I didn't vote because my position would be that AJ Thomas should be impeached, but not for his wife's actions. He should be impeached for lying on his financial forms over the last 20 years.

Is the 1/6 planning, inciting and assault on our Capitol free speech?
Speech involved in criminal activity is very limited in the amount of freedom given.

@ recused

What is the definition of "re-cused"?

View attachment 67380267

No to Impeachment unless he can be found as acting in any part of knowingly supporting the failed insurrection.

He should though recuse himself from any case involving January 6th that comes before the court.

I didn't vote because my position would be that AJ Thomas should be impeached, but not for his wife's actions. He should be impeached for lying on his financial forms over the last 20 years.
Fair enough.

As Mr Sterm wrote, "recuse yourself from voting on the Capitol attack cases". I'm leaning towards that choice in the poll. He and his wife were too close to the 1/6 event. imo

Back
Top Bottom