• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Clarence Thomas be IMPEACHED because of Ginni Thomas's 1/6 participation?

Should Clarence Thomas be IMPEACHED because of Ginni Thomas's 1/6 participation?

• Total voters
It's a stupid idea. The little lady can't have an opinion now? Wtf?

I think Thomas is partisan in his decisions, but he is what he is, and his wife having like opinions isn't that surprising. Thousands of people went to that rally and there is nothing wrong with it. I can't believe anyone is even suggesting this!
Because his wife is an activist, there are certain cases I strongly believe he should be recused from. However, SCOTUS does not have any ethical rules so wouldn't matter anywauy

I voted no exclusively because Ginni Thomas did not take the same oath as Clarence Thomas, and constitutionally speaking there is nothing there to hold Clarence as a Justice responsible for the actions of his wife.

I get it, this looks terrible with all sorts of potential conflicts of interests and so forth but the inverse is going to lead to bad things.

The best we can hope for Clarence recusing himself from matters related to the 2020 election and Jan 6th.

Last edited:
Because his wife is an activist, there are certain cases I strongly believe he should be recused from. However, SCOTUS does not have any ethical rules so wouldn't matter anywauy
Maybe that's true. As an activist, she's certainly rubbed elbows with all the schmucks involved in Jan 6; they run in the same circles. But I don't think it proves she had anything to do with the insurrection.

What cases involving Jan 6 are coming before the Court? I didn't know there were any.

He should recuse himself from any jan 6th consideration but this doesnt fall under reasons for impeachment.

Assault is not free speech. Planning and attending a protest is free speech.
Planning an assault isn't. Screaming commands during an assault isn't. Incitement isn't - well, it's free until the sh*t hits the fan.

Planning an assault isn't. Screaming commands during an assault isn't. Incitement isn't - well, it's free until the sh*t hits the fan.
Which, if any, of those things did Ginni do? If one person at a peaceful protest does something criminal are all protesters considered to have participated in that crime?

He should recuse himself from cases in which his wife is involved.

Should he be impeached? No, of course not. A justice system which punishes spouses for their partner's actions is barbaric.

I know what patriotic Americans would choose in this poll.

View attachment 67380267

"Justice Clarence Thomas was the lone vote to block the House Select Committee from getting January 6th documents from Donald Trump," Bookbinder wrote. "We know now that his wife participated in the Jan. 6 rally. That creates a clear appearance of bias and a possible major conflict of interest."

The popular politics podcast "No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen" weighed in on its official Twitter account, writing: "Clarence Thomas needs to be investigated immediately."

"If you are a Supreme Court Justice whose wife attended a rally that resulted in the January 6th Capitol attack, you should do the right thing and recuse yourself from voting on the Capitol attack cases," Stern wrote.

The far left: Thomas should be impeached and recuse himself from his official duties because his wife has an opinion I don't like.

Also the far left: I didn't have these feelings when Ruth Bader Ginsburg publicly protested the last Republican President during State of the Union speeches and criticized Republican candidates for public office.

The Thought Police are showing their colors again. They're no longer satisfied with attacking people who share their thoughts, they now want to go after their family members too. Such a good look. Let me guess, you guys also oppose fascism?

Last edited:
Which, if any, of those things did Ginni do?
Didn't say that she did. What I have supported is an investigation into the two to either clear them or do what's needed based on any findings. What's bad is Thomas making a decision on anything 1/6 related. Thus, he should recuse himself from those cases. That's my yes, recuse'd' vote in my poll.

If one person at a peaceful protest does something criminal are all protesters considered to have participated in that crime?
Nope, but that also doesn't mean that some there hasn't been found to be involved either. That's what investigations are for.

Think of it this way. If at a DJT rally, Jill Biden was with a group of people who started throwing eggs at DJT on stage - some hitting him, but witnesses stated that she never threw one egg. OK, she's in the clear so far. But, if an investigation into the incident was conducted and it was found that Jill Biden planned and instructed that group to throw eggs at DJT, should she share some responsibility for what took place? Until investigations are conducted, we only have what each person believes.

Last edited:
Which, if any, of those things did Ginni do? If one person at a peaceful protest does something criminal are all protesters considered to have participated in that crime?

To a anti Trump liberal, yes…………guilty as charged. Evidence not required.

I know what patriotic Americans would choose in this poll.

View attachment 67380267

"Justice Clarence Thomas was the lone vote to block the House Select Committee from getting January 6th documents from Donald Trump," Bookbinder wrote. "We know now that his wife participated in the Jan. 6 rally. That creates a clear appearance of bias and a possible major conflict of interest."

The popular politics podcast "No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen" weighed in on its official Twitter account, writing: "Clarence Thomas needs to be investigated immediately."

"If you are a Supreme Court Justice whose wife attended a rally that resulted in the January 6th Capitol attack, you should do the right thing and recuse yourself from voting on the Capitol attack cases," Stern wrote.
I'm sure democrats want him gone. They'd vote for impeachment if the crime was spitting on the sidewalk. Then they can get another liberal judge who doesn't worry about the law, but what they wish the law was.

Didn't say that she did. What I have supported is an investigation into the two to either clear them or do what's needed based on any findings. What's bad is Thomas making a decision on anything 1/6 related. Thus, he should recuse himself from those cases. That's my yes, recuse'd' vote in my poll.
Sure. We should probably investigate absolutely everyone in the US to see if they were at the protest. You can never be too sure about these things so you pretty much have to assume that everyone is guilty unless a congressional committee can prove their innocence. I mean, what good is free speech if people are allowed to disagree with you without suffering consequences for that disagreement?

I'm sure democrats want him gone. They'd vote for impeachment if the crime was spitting on the sidewalk. Then they can get another liberal judge who doesn't worry about the law, but what they wish the law was.
I don't.

None of what you posted is true of this Democrat.

Last edited:
He doesn't even try... He sits there like a lump, never asks questions... Because of POLITICS he already knows how's he's going to rule/vote..

He's the dumbest PoS ever to sit on the SCOTUS...

Sure. We should probably investigate absolutely everyone in the US to see if they were at the protest.
Now, you're being silly. It's known that the wife of a Supreme Court Justice was at the Ellipse on 1/6/21. That's the problem! If Jill Biden was in that group of people throwing eggs at DJT, that too is a problem. The wife of a Senator, VP or president not only present but possibly involved with an egg throwing incident at DJT. An investigation should move forward in either case be it Ginni Thomas or Jill Biden.

Sounds like a witch hunt, but you're not in Salem anymore.

Nope, but that also doesn't mean that some there hasn't been found to be involved either. That's what investigations are for.
The FBI is already looking into all criminal activity. This sounds like harassment.

Think of it this way. If at a DJT rally, Jill Biden was with a group of people who started throwing eggs at DJT on stage - some hitting him, but witnesses stated that she never threw one egg. OK, she's in the clear so far. But, if an investigation into the incident was conducted and it was found that Jill Biden planned and instructed that group to throw eggs at DJT, should she share some responsibility for what took place? Until investigations are conducted, we only have what each person believes.
If Jill Biden threw an egg at DJT I don't see the point of a Congressional investigation. I also don't understand what that has to do with Joe Biden in his official capacity. You may be surprised to learn that Jill Biden is not Joe Biden.

When it comes to opposing parties, one side or the other usually want the other guy's justice gone. The nature of the beast.

Sounds like a witch hunt, but you're not in Salem anymore.
Nothing new being belched out by Trumplicans.

The FBI is already looking into all criminal activity. This sounds like harassment.
The FBI is already looking into Ginni Thomas?

If Jill Biden threw an egg at DJT I don't see the point of a Congressional investigation.
She didn't throw the egg. Wouldn't we be looking at a criminal investigation into eggs thrown at DJT if that actually took place?

I also don't understand what that has to do with Joe Biden in his official capacity. You may be surprised to learn that Jill Biden is not Joe Biden.
As well you don't understand using an example. News flash. Jill Biden wasn't actually with any group of people actually throwing eggs at DJT.

No very easy to figure out...as was said....another stupid spin poll
Yet, here you are. ;)

Now, click the No in the poll. You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom