• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should chronic self-abusers have access to government health care?

(See body of 1st post for question)

• Total voters
26 X World Champs said:
Here in NYC the least expensive private schools start around $25K....
Plus, the competitiveness already exists to get your child into a private school is extreme, there aren't enough seats to accomodate the current demand.

The bottom line is that any argument that's premise is that public schools should not exist is idiotic bordering on insane.

I get the feeling reading some posts that people just write anything to enflame others knowing full well that what they're claiming to profess is impossible. I've read several posts in this thread alone that qualify. I'm also disgusted by the posts from so-called Americans who are so warped in their thinking that they want us to believe that the money they pay in taxes belongs to them! It's not a passive tax that we pay. Taxes, BY LAW, are deducted from our paychecks.

Furthermore the mere fact that some posters think so little of their fellow citizens that they believe that every government program that assists Americans is a joke is, in truth, the joke.

Did you read the post from someone who thought that we should not provide any public funding to Katrina survivors? I'm betting that these same "diplomats" have no problem spending hundreds of billions of dollars to rebuild Iraq!

Want to know my honest opinion? Anyone who thinks that we, as Americans do not have a moral and fiscal obligation to assist the most needy amongst us are evil people who are either pretending to be so nasty or are indeed so cruel that they have zero social conscience and are in fact mentally ill for only someone with a mental illness can truly (not using hyperbole) believe that Katrina survivors are suffering due to their own negligence or that if they cannot afford to pay for private school that the government does not / should not provide schools.

BTW - They're stinkin' thinkin' is totally unconstitutional and in fact would be illegal not to mention the enormous underclass that would be created if society adopted their thinking. Actually, in truth, I read concepts like those suggested and believe that they are born in racism, sexism, hate and fascism. I realize that some of you will read this and accuse ME of playing the "race card" etc. but in truth writing posts that call for the abandmonent of public entitlement programs and public schools are so off the wall that the true motive has to be hate based thinking.

Nobody answered my ealier question so I will state it again:

Were exactly does the definition of self abuse stop? So no help for smokers, people that eat to much, anyone that have taken illegal drugs, drinkers. How about AIDS patients? Least those contracting from IV drug use or sex. How about people that knowingly set themselves up in physically violent situations like rock climbing or x-sports of any sort. They are paying for there care now. But come 50 years those bumps and bruise, aches and pains are going to be hip and knee replacements. This is voluntary activity that can knowingly cause problems in the future to your health. How about people that knowingly live near refineries or any type of industrial setting? If they stand purposely should we have to help pay for any medical conditions that arise from there selected living location? The point I am trying to make is that many many things that become ailments and problems later in life can be attributed to personal decisions you made when you were younger. Who gets to decide who's life choices fit the criteria for being helped. And if my lifestyle does not fit that lifestyle do I have the abillity to have my taxes reduced??? I see no reason I should pay into a system that I will be banned from using when or if I might

26 X World Champs said:
Want to know my honest opinion? Anyone who thinks that we, as Americans do not have a moral and fiscal obligation to assist the most needy amongst us are evil people who are either pretending to be so nasty or are indeed so cruel that they have zero social conscience and are in fact mentally ill for only someone with a mental illness can truly (not using hyperbole) believe that Katrina survivors are suffering due to their own negligence or that if they cannot afford to pay for private school that the government does not / should not provide schools.

Did those fools in the hurry canes path never ever know they lived in a hurricane zone? Then they're stupid.

Did they know they lived in a hurricane zone? Then they took a risk. It's not my job to pay for every fool that takes a risk and loses.

Explain how it's my job to care for the stupid. Drop the phony emotional outrage ploy, establish your assumptions and argue using proper logical construction that I or anyone else is responsible to bear the burden of the consequences of other people's choices for them.

I lived in Floriduh for a while. The weather sucked, I was glad to get shipped to Idaho, and I knew damn well I'd never voluntarily live in a place that had hurry canes every single year. I moved to a nice place that has enjoyable wiggly earthquakes once every decade or so. But you don't see me asking you to pay for it, do you?

26 X World Champs said:
BTW - They're stinkin' thinkin' is totally unconstitutional

Is that why you're not good at thinking? You think thought is unconstutional?

26 X World Champs said:
Actually, in truth, I read concepts like those suggested and believe that they are born in racism, sexism, hate and fascism.

You forgot anti-semitism, hypnotism, and jingoism. My my your emotional skyrockets do burn furiously, don't they?

Take some valiums then establish, coherently, how anyone else is my responsibility. Include in your discussion ways around the fact that responsibilities are accepted, not imposed.

26 X World Champs said:
I realize that some of you will read this and accuse ME of playing the "race card" etc. but in truth writing posts that call for the abandmonent of public entitlement programs and public schools are so off the wall that the true motive has to be hate based thinking.

The true motive is that knowing the truth will set you free, especially if the truth is that you're not free if you're paying the consequences of someone else's stupid choices for them.

26 X World Champs said:
Want to know my honest opinion? Anyone who thinks that we, as Americans do not have a moral and fiscal obligation to assist the most needy amongst us are evil people who are either pretending to be so nasty or are indeed so cruel that they have zero social conscience and are in fact mentally ill
I see.
Disagree with your version of moraltiy and have the audacity to say as much means you're evil and/or mentally ill.

What do you think of people that say you're evil for supporting abortion on demand?

BTW - They're stinkin' thinkin' is totally unconstitutional
Its unconstitutional to disagree with your version of morality?

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Explain how it's my job to care for the stupid.

It's your job because the government says so. We all pay taxes, so get over it or try to do something about it. If you have so much disdain for your fellow Americans, why do you live here?

No one ENJOYS paying taxes...except maybe a CPA, but that's not the point. I'm sure there are people that don't like paying for the roads that YOU drive on, and that they most likely will never travel down. There are people that don't want to pay the salaries for our police forces, our firefighters, even our military, because they have never had to call 911 or have never lived in an area that's been declared a disaster and had the National Guard called in.

I could go on and on, but the point is that as an American, it is your DUTY to pay the taxes that pay for these services and more. No one said you had to like how the money was spent.....they just said you have to pay it.

I have a few last words for people who whine, bitch, and moan about taxes.

If you don't like how your taxes are being spent, talk to your congressman or senator.

If your not satisfied with thier answer, move to another country.

If you can't do that, STFU and deal with it!

'Nuff Said.

Stace said:
It's your job because the government says so.
...but the point is that as an American, it is your DUTY to pay the taxes that pay for these services and more. No one said you had to like how the money was spent.....they just said you have to pay it.

Wait.
The government defines our duties?
Since when?

Doesnt the government exist to protect our rights -- and as such, WE define IT'S duties?

Caine said:
I have a few last words for people who whine, bitch, and moan about taxes.
If you don't like how your taxes are being spent, talk to your congressman or senator.
If your not satisfied with thier answer, move to another country.
If you can't do that, STFU and deal with it!
'Nuff Said.

Love it or leave it, man!!

M14 Shooter said:
Wait.
The government defines our duties?
Since when?

Doesnt the government exist to protect our rights -- and as such, WE define IT'S duties?

No. The government defines our duties by taxing us to finance entitlement programs, and it violates our rights to make it happen.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
No. The government defines our duties by taxing us to finance entitlement programs, and it violates our rights to make it happen.

One can only wonder what they will say when the government decides one of those duties is having that baby rather thn aborting it.

Et cetera.

M Shooter said:
YOU can help them all you want. Donations, volunteerism, etc.

The QUESTION is:
How does someone have a right to expect me to pay for their mistakes?
Actually, like it or not, the consumer(taxpayer) pays for everything - for every mistake, it may not be much, or it could be a "ton" if that irresponsible IV drug user steals your money or kills your wife...

I do not think they have a "right", per se; but what can be done that yields a positive result ???
We do pay for their mistakes...

M14 Shooter said:
One can only wonder what they will say when the government decides one of those duties is having that baby rather thn aborting it.

Et cetera.

Well, Bill Clinton is out of office, so rape probably won't become a matter of national policy again. Outside of that, all the government can do is start admitting that women don't have a right to murder people just because they're knocked up.

Smokers, heavy drinkers and fast food disposal machines should have to foot part, most or all of the bill for whatever cancer/disease they happen to develop depending on the amount of unhealthy habits they engage in.

Back
Top Bottom