• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should children be taught the proper use of firearms at an early age?

Should we teach children how to safely handle firearms?

• Yes

Votes: 31 67.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 32.6%

• Total voters
TurtleDude said:
ITs good advice-given the level of ignorance of some on this board when it comes to gun issues, I thought I would offer some free edification. When I was a boy, my father told me never to point a loaded gun at anyone. When I was close to being a man, he told me something more important-NEVER point an UNLOADED gun at someone

IF you don't understand why, I will explain to you later

Thanks for the offer, but I do understand. See, that's the thing - I don't necessarily AGREE with you on everything concerning this issue, but I understand where you're coming from. :mrgreen:

Stace said:
Thanks for the offer, but I do understand. See, that's the thing - I don't necessarily AGREE with you on everything concerning this issue, but I understand where you're coming from. :mrgreen:

You disagree that it is unwise to point an unloaded gun at someone?

Vandeervecken said:

Did I say that? No. I said I don't agree with you on everything relating to this ISSUE, not your post.

Stace said:
Did I say that? No. I said I don't agree with you on everything relating to this ISSUE, not your post.

It was certainly your implication, but it was not my post.

Vandeervecken said:
It was certainly your implication, but it was not my post.

Eh, technicalities. Alright, fine. I disagree with TurtleDude on some parts of this entire issue, not necessarily that one post in question. Of course it's not a great idea to point a gun at someone, loaded or not. I think the whole "don't point at something you don't intend to shoot" lesson is a great one.

Vandeervecken said:

If you point a gun at someone, you better be ready to fire.

Back
Top Bottom