• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should catholics be banned from building churches near elementuaryschools & daycares

Should catholics be banned from building churches near elementuary schools & daycare

• Total voters

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Should catholics be banned from building churches near elementuary schools & daycares?

After all a tiny percentage of catholic priests molested some kids. Letting them build near elementuary schools and day cares might be too much of a temptation and would be offensive to those who were abused by child molesters.

Last edited:
Re: Should catholics be banned from building churches near elementuaryschools & dayc

Yes, they should -- if we were to find dogma within the Catholic Church that pedophilia was accepted behavior.

Re: Should catholics be banned from building churches near elementuaryschools & dayc

Yes, they should -- if we were to find dogma within the Catholic Church that pedophilia was accepted behavior.

How do you know that there is not some sect of catholics who condone child molestation?

Even if there were some strange dogma tat said they should have sex with kids somewhere in those texts religious people like to assemble and then worship, I don't think you could stop them from building a Church near a school. I mean, the particular practitioners violated no crime. And that's not to say that in the US the dogma isn't relatively ignored or not endorsed. Religions can change. So if that dogma existed and it was still a small number of Catholic Priests who have committed some form of pedophilia, I'd still say the Church is well within its rights to build a building there. Though the best solution is to let priests marry again.

How do you know that there is not some sect of catholics who condone child molestation?

Well, point me to some Biblical scripture that condones it, and I'll believe it. Onous on you. You prove there is.

Though the best solution is to let priests marry again.

You do realize that it is only a small percentage of catholic priest have molested little kids.

Five myths about the Catholic sexual abuse scandal
Sexual abuse of minors is not the province of the Catholic Church alone. About 4 percent of priests committed an act of sexual abuse on a minor between 1950 and 2002, according to a study being conducted by John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York. That is roughly consistent with data on many similar professions.

You do realize that it is only a small percentage of catholic priest have molested little kids.

You do realize I said:
So if that dogma existed and it was still a small number of Catholic Priests who have committed some form of pedophilia, I'd still say the Church is well within its rights to build a building there.

And that doesn't take away from the final solution. Priests should be allowed to marry again.

Well, point me to some Biblical scripture that condones it, and I'll believe it. Onous on you. You prove there is.

I do not know anything about the catholic bible other than it is slightly similar to the christian bible. As far as I know with the christian bible it doesn't say anything about child molestation. Therefore it could be implied that it was okay as long as the molester was married to his victim and seeing how the catholic bible is similar to the christian bible it probably doesn't say anything about child molestation either.

No, that's a stupid idea. Priests who molest kids should be thrown in jail just like any other child molester, then it wouldn't be an issue.

The better solution would be to destroy child molestors whenever we find them. The biggest problem with child molestors of any stripe is repeat offenses.

You do realize I said:

And that doesn't take away from the final solution. Priests should be allowed to marry again.

You know that 50% of all pedophiles are married? So letting priest marry would not stop child molestation.
Pedophilia - children, causes, DSM, functioning, therapy, adults, person, people, used, personality, skills, health, traits, mood, Definition, Description, Causes and symptoms
In the United States, about 50% of men arrested for pedophilia are married.

Read more: Pedophilia - children, causes, DSM, functioning, therapy, adults, person, people, used, personality, skills, health, traits, mood, Definition, Description, Causes and symptoms Pedophilia - children, causes, DSM, functioning, therapy, adults, person, people, used, personality, skills, health, traits, mood, Definition, Description, Causes and symptoms

I do not know anything about the catholic bible other than it is slightly similar to the christian bible.

It's the same bible.

You know that 50% of all pedophiles are married? So letting priest marry would not stop child molestation.
Pedophilia - children, causes, DSM, functioning, therapy, adults, person, people, used, personality, skills, health, traits, mood, Definition, Description, Causes and symptoms
In the United States, about 50% of men arrested for pedophilia are married.

Read more: Pedophilia - children, causes, DSM, functioning, therapy, adults, person, people, used, personality, skills, health, traits, mood, Definition, Description, Causes and symptoms Pedophilia - children, causes, DSM, functioning, therapy, adults, person, people, used, personality, skills, health, traits, mood, Definition, Description, Causes and symptoms

Ahh, I get you; my bad. Still I think Priests should be allowed to marry again.

How many people voted no on this one and yes on the Muslim one?

It's the same bible.

I think the catholic bible has several extra books in it.

I'm pretty sure no. I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school. We used the same bible.

Tobit, Judith, 1 Maccabees, 2 Maccabees, Wisdom of Solomon, Sirach (or Ecclesaisticus) and Baruch.

what a ridiculous idea, can anyone find a case of a catholic priest molesting someone outside their congregation?

and does that mean that all catholic schools should be shut down too?

what a ridiculous idea, can anyone find a case of a catholic priest molesting someone outside their congregation?

and does that mean that all catholic schools should be shut down too?

That would be a tragedy as millions of people cry out as they lose their fantasies about naughty catholic school girls.

The better solution would be to destroy child molestors whenever we find them. The biggest problem with child molestors of any stripe is repeat offenses.
I couldn’t agree more Sir.

That would be a tragedy as millions of people cry out as they lose their fantasies about naughty catholic school girls.

this calls for a song.

You do realize I said:

Priests have not been allowed to marry since at least the second century. Those that did were violating the terms of their Holy Orders. There were priests in the Middle Ages that did not follow the rules but that does not mean it was condoned by the Church. Ever heard of the Synod of Elvira?

I do not know anything about the catholic bible other than it is slightly similar to the christian bible. As far as I know with the christian bible it doesn't say anything about child molestation. Therefore it could be implied that it was okay as long as the molester was married to his victim and seeing how the catholic bible is similar to the christian bible it probably doesn't say anything about child molestation either.

1. Catholics are Christians...
2. Martin Luther took out some parts of the Bible and created the Protestant Bible...

Back
Top Bottom