• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should Bush take over New Orleans

kal-el said:
Of course not, because they weren't hit.But it is indeed factual that Bush favors the weathly; hence the tax cuts.

Hey wait a minute. Didnot bush just implement tax cuts for everyone who had a job? I know I saw an increase in pay. Furthermore he actually put more taxes on the rich. It was kerry that was implementing a tax cut policy for small business owners which make up 85% of americas economy where he said they would have to pay more than a 400% increase in taxes. Please learn simple economics.

SKILMATIC said:
Hey wait a minute. Didnot bush just implement tax cuts for everyone who had a job? I know I saw an increase in pay. Furthermore he actually put more taxes on the rich. It was kerry that was implementing a tax cut policy for small business owners which make up 85% of americas economy where he said they would have to pay more than a 400% increase in taxes. Please learn simple economics.

I don't buy this dribble for a second. Bush's "reverse robin-hood" policis are well-known? Please provide some kind of proof for this wild assertion you are making. I wouldn't usually ask for proof, it's just that this is too hard to believe.

Ahh, the usual Republican vs. Democrat retoric, how muc hthey debate, how little they solve problems.

Democrats: "*******it! I hate Bush"
Republicans: "Bush is the greatest person in the world! Die you god-hating hippie"

Can the left-right spectrum please tell me, how many more debates can you have battling the same topic each time with different context? Everyone knows liberals hate Bush, and we all know republicans think Bush is next to "God". But can we please hit the correct topic:

What has happened has happened, we cannot change this. So the only real question is: What are we going to do now?

Should we spend, I beleive, the proposed 13 billion dollars? Or should they have to take responsibility for living in a dangerous area?

My vote goes to the latter, which also means: No, I'm not for Bush being a Dictator of a state. God knows, declaring martial law was bad enough...

Stinger said:
kal-el said:
Nagin? How about Blanco, she has done nothing to protect the people or stop Nagin from piling them back in.

If Blanco resigns, then Bush should too as they both royally f$#!*! everything up with the Katrina disaster. Of course, I dont think either of them should, I am just saying.

kal-el said:
As to your first question, sure Nagin should be held responsible, But on the other hand, Bush is the President, he can basically do anything he wants.

Nope, he is limited by the constitution and what the state officials want done. He is not the king. Look at Texas where they DID request appropriate aid and assistance, BIG difference.

Like I said before, if Malibu or Beverly Hills got hit, Bush would be helping them out in a hurry, not 4 days after.

A specious statement, there is no eividence at all that Bush withheld aid because of any reason other than the actions of the local officials. But do explain specifically why you make this assertion, what is the difference between the two areas that you are asserting would make the response different and how specifically would the response have been different?

Back
Top Bottom