• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

??? Should Blacks marrie White's

Hi Pacridge First you have to come up with a more Original idea VAGUE came up with that 2 weeks ago ! .

However the fact is Black's can and do Marie white's and with some AWESOME TOO. Just look at DR Condi Rice you know BUSH'S secarty of state and Tiger Woods 2 AWESOME examples of MIXED marriage !.

I'm full blooded Italian 100% However I'm 1 of 15 CHILDREN !!!
My sister ( ALSO 100% ITALIAN ) married a man from Pakistan that she meet when he was going to HARVARD! and 3 very beautiful children!!

We also have several Irish & Italian marriages as well !!. And let me tell you NOT TO MANY YEARS AGO that was a NO !! NO !!

However I think you may have missed my point !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I just was trying to say that the decision was made in the COURT NOT THE VOTING BOX
read up on why !!!! It was the year 1890 :hm

Remember our constition says THE RIGHTS OF THE ""MINORITY"" OVER SEE THE RIGHTS ""MAJORITY ""

""""GOD BLESS THE CONSTITION ""

KEEP TRYING I LOVE DEBATES :duel :duel

ConservativeShane said:
Comparing gay-marriage to interacial marriage is insulting, wrong and racist. It upsets blacks and is a great example of how racist the liberals really are. Gay marriage has many negative affects on society, not just morally, but also economically. The State has the right to pass laws that preserve our country and are in the best intrests of our citizens. Interacial marriage is a great example of how open minded and non-racist America really is.
Why is it so offensive because it's true?
I mean! racism ignorance it's all the same.

Funny thing about humans, there are lots of them who really get upset when the social mores are challenged. The Virginia legislature had itself all in a tizzy about droopy pants and were all set to pass themselves a law until better sense prevailed. There's no harm in droopy pants unless someone gets tangled up and breaks his silly neck, and there's no harm in gay marriages, either. There are problems involved and society will have to make adjustments. Big deal. No skin off my ass. Let's move on. :rofl

vauge:
You know, 30 years ago the idea of "gay marrage" was way off. No one concieved of it. It was so far fetched that if one did mention it they were considered crazy. Nuts - wacko - sinner...

Now, someone mentions beastiality and marriage - it is IMMEDIATLY construed as comparing homosexualism to beastility.

With the above said, where does that marriage line get drawn? 30 years from now will marriage and animals be on the table of the senate? How far fetched is the statement really?

Purhaps it is you who is not seeing where the possibilities lie or where this path might lead us. Rather than accusing someone of saying that homosexuality is like screwing an animal, take a look at the point he was attempting to make about the future. Calling the question crazy or stupid just helps us realize the fact that you are as closed minded as us conservatives are often accused of.

I am not the one who compared homosexuality to bestiality & incest. I was decrying that CS did, in fact, compare the acceptance of same sex marriage as opening the door for acceptance of bestiality and incest. To folks who see no difference between two grown, consenting people in love entering into a committed relationship compared with the sexual abuse of animals, I might understand their confusion, though. As ridiculous as it seems to me personally.
Incest, is a little different in that it could ostensibly be the desire of two consenting adults, but as our knowledge of genetic science reveals that such relationships can have a real, detrimental effect on their offspring & I imagine their children's children, et al., I think that laws against it have a basis in real societal protection.
I have seen no evidence offered here to show that gay marriage could have any such detrimental effects on society. And in fact, if it were so, I believe we would have some real evidence to point to now, being that committed openly gay relationships have contributed to the fabric of society now for decades.

vauge:
As for the topic, I do not condone interracial marriage TODAY why would I 150 years ago?

As for if I would have supported Civil rights in the 60's - damned right I would have!

This explains a lot. You would be the first Beatles fan I ever met who, conceivably perhaps, disliked the marriage of John & Yoko simply on a racial basis.

mixedmedia said:
vauge:
As for the topic, I do not condone interracial marriage TODAY why would I 150 years ago?

As for if I would have supported Civil rights in the 60's - damned right I would have!

This explains a lot. You would be the first Beatles fan I ever met who, conceivably perhaps, disliked the marriage of John & Yoko simply on a racial basis.

I would be curious as to where Vauge draws that line. Is it alright for a person of Italian racial make up to marry someone with a Norwegian racial background? Or does he, like so many with this position, simply draw that line based on the color of skin? Are there also religious limitations? Would it be acceptable for a person of Jewish heritage to marry someone with a Catholic family history?

In my opinion. It does not matter if you are white ,black, mexican,
asian, man ,woman ,transgender, Jewish ,Christain. LOVE IS LOVE!
NO ONE has the right to judge anyone but, our Lord God and, I doubt that in the midst of world hunger, war, drug abuse, murder, and rappist that he's like hey lets ban gay marraige.

mixedmedia said:

You would be accurate in that assessment. That did not make Lennon or Yoko worse people for it. One of my favorite songs was written while he was naked in a hotel bed with Yoko.

When I see an interracial couple I feel sorry for them. They obviously are not proud or care for their ancestry.

Is any race superior? Absolutely not!

HighSpeed said:
They're still human.

Absolutly, have I given any indication that I think that is not the case?

vauge said:
You would be accurate in that assessment. That did not make Lennon or Yoko worse people for it. One of my favorite songs was written while he was naked in a hotel bed with Yoko.

When I see an interracial couple I feel sorry for them. They obviously are not proud or care for their ancestry.

What does ancestry have to do with anything? This is not the middle ages. People marry for LOVE these days.

Maybe I'm just nuts, but I think it entirely possible to be proud of your ancestry & still love the person you happen to fall in love with.

It's the legacy of love, vauge. It trumps blood & skin. Perhaps the one you love could enrich the line of your blood? Ya never know.

vauge said:

If you want to argue about ancestory science has proven human life started somwhere in africa so everybody can be linked back to one place. So if you did your family tree and went back as far as the begining of human existence then you will find out that you have black ancestors. So you should be proud of everybody's history and we should all celebrate that we have made it this far.

The world will not go anywhere when everybody is labled, sure everybody has their own traditions and that is what makes the world interesting, but we have to acknowledge that we are all human. Maybe if we make contact with extra-terrestrials then we can see how much of the same we really are.

MeChMAN said:
The world will not go anywhere when everybody is labled, sure everybody has their own traditions and that is what makes the world interesting, but we have to acknowledge that we are all human.

Absolutely!! Keep it diverse. Keep it interesting. If we all mix, eventually those old traditions will be lost forever.

vauge said:
Absolutely!! Keep it diverse. Keep it interesting. If we all mix, eventually those old traditions will be lost forever.

Keep it diverse, just don't mix the races? So, only an Irish person should marry an Irish person, Only a Swede a Swede and so forth?

vauge said:

Those traditions will never be lost only understood by other cultures. When that happens we will have a more understanding society. Then my friend will you truly see peace and prosperity!

ConservativeShane said:
Comparing gay-marriage to interacial marriage is insulting, wrong and racist. It upsets blacks and is a great example of how racist the liberals really are. Gay marriage has many negative affects on society, not just morally, but also economically. The State has the right to pass laws that preserve our country and are in the best intrests of our citizens. Interacial marriage is a great example of how open minded and non-racist America really is.

The only blacks it upsets are those who are homophobic. Homophobia is not race-specific, and if we are to fight injustice we need to fight it on all levels: that includes fighting black homophobes and gay racists alike.

Your assertion that gay marriage has negative effects economically is laughable. I obviously don't share your moral code, so keep your morals to yourself - they're personal. I won't insist on banning religion to 'preserve' what I think is right. If you believe in freedom, you have no right to deny marriage to gays through the law.

I don't believe the US is open as you believe. Have you been to European cities and seen true integration? I think it's hard for interracial couples in the US when so many of your cities have "black" and "white" neighbourhoods, a concept that really doesn't exist in Europe. What we call a "black" area may still be 50% white, and we don't have this 'no-go' phenomena whereby you stick to your own neighbourhoods. I know it's not like that all over the US, but ther are many US cities like this. I have seen in the States the magazine "Interace" which addresses the problems of mixed race couples. The fact that such a publication exists speaks reams about the society it's produced in, and for.

Urethra Franklin said:
I don't believe the US is open as you believe. Have you been to European cities and seen true integration? I think it's hard for interracial couples in the US when so many of your cities have "black" and "white" neighbourhoods, a concept that really doesn't exist in Europe. What we call a "black" area may still be 50% white, and we don't have this 'no-go' phenomena whereby you stick to your own neighbourhoods. I know it's not like that all over the US, but ther are many US cities like this. I have seen in the States the magazine "Interace" which addresses the problems of mixed race couples. The fact that such a publication exists speaks reams about the society it's produced in, and for.
Yeah, racism only happens in the US. True and blissful harmony happens in the truly integrated EU. Nice spin, but gotta call you out on this. Big time.

A series of surveys carried out for official French organisations suggest that France is the most xenophobic of major European countries.
One survey found that 38% of French people described themselves as racist; among European Union countries only Belgium at 45% had a higher figure.

Some 23% of Germans 13% of Spaniards and 22% of those questioned in Britain had similar views.

In another poll, 40% said they were attracted by the policies of the National Front, whose leader, Jean Marie Le Pen campaigns on an anti-immigrant platform.

There's even a whole commission, the European Commission against racism and intolerance, that is battling this.

THAT SPEAKS LOTS FOR WHAT KIND OF EUROPE THERE IS.

So, as nice it is to be the poo-flinging monkey that you're becoming against the US, Urethra Franklin, maybe you shouldn't act so proud when you're living in the same glass house.

Maybe Bulworth was right. Perhaps we should just "f" each other till we're all the same color. Problem solved....and let's do away with national borders while we're at it.

mixedmedia said:
Maybe Bulworth was right. Perhaps we should just "f" each other till we're all the same color. Problem solved....and let's do away with national borders while we're at it.

Great ideas, MM.

But prepare - the Rabid Right will come down on you like a ton of bricks!

mixedmedia said:

Ya lost me with the Bulworth thing. Beatty movie?

Naughty Nurse said:
Great ideas, MM.

But prepare - the Rabid Right will come down on you like a ton of bricks!

Yeah, bummer that.

Pacridge said:
Ya lost me with the Bulworth thing. Beatty movie?

Yeah! Did you ever see it? It's about a corrupt Democratic senator who has a crisis of conscience & hires a hitman for himself. And then finds, knowing that he's going to die, that he cannot stop speaking the truth. Not in the Jim Carrey Liar, Liar sense, but funny & serious & really touching, too. I thought anyway.

shuamort said:
Yeah, racism only happens in the US. True and blissful harmony happens in the truly integrated EU. Nice spin, but gotta call you out on this. Big time.

A series of surveys carried out for official French organisations suggest that France is the most xenophobic of major European countries.
One survey found that 38% of French people described themselves as racist; among European Union countries only Belgium at 45% had a higher figure.

Some 23% of Germans 13% of Spaniards and 22% of those questioned in Britain had similar views.

In another poll, 40% said they were attracted by the policies of the National Front, whose leader, Jean Marie Le Pen campaigns on an anti-immigrant platform.

There's even a whole commission, the European Commission against racism and intolerance, that is battling this.

THAT SPEAKS LOTS FOR WHAT KIND OF EUROPE THERE IS.

So, as nice it is to be the poo-flinging monkey that you're becoming against the US, Urethra Franklin, maybe you shouldn't act so proud when you're living in the same glass house.

You speak out of turn. How true to form.

I spoke of integration - that is not the same as saying that Europe is a racism free rainbow paradise. Racism exists everywhere and I would be the last to deny it exists in Europe too.

I spoke of the difficulties of mixed race couples in a country where race exclusive neighbourhoods exist. Only in US cities have I ever been told "don't go there it's black, don't go there it's hispanic" etc. I deliberately don't visit my friends in the rural Southern USA with my black boyfriend because of the problems we would have even trying to eat out as a mixed race couple (my American friends have been very open with us about how hostile their neighbours would be). I live in a suburb where white, black, Asian and Arab live side by side, inter-act and inter-marry. Sure racism exists, but I'm not forced to stick to a "white" neighbourhood, as in many US cities.

Dear Urethra

Your story made me sad. Even in China you would have hard time but only because we are not sued to see the Foreigner so much. Even so you would be welcome and have no trouble (hope you are pretty as many would ask for you and your black boyfriend picture !!)

Fried Rice eats all colours

Urethra Franklin said:
You speak out of turn. How true to form.

I spoke of integration - that is not the same as saying that Europe is a racism free rainbow paradise. Racism exists everywhere and I would be the last to deny it exists in Europe too.

I spoke of the difficulties of mixed race couples in a country where race exclusive neighbourhoods exist. Only in US cities have I ever been told "don't go there it's black, don't go there it's hispanic" etc. I deliberately don't visit my friends in the rural Southern USA with my black boyfriend because of the problems we would have even trying to eat out as a mixed race couple (my American friends have been very open with us about how hostile their neighbours would be). I live in a suburb where white, black, Asian and Arab live side by side, inter-act and inter-marry. Sure racism exists, but I'm not forced to stick to a "white" neighbourhood, as in many US cities.
The US does not have "race exclusive" neighborhoods. A neighborhood may be predominantly populated (or maybe even completely populated) by members of a certain race/ethnicity, but there are no exclusive neighborhoods.

Your anecdote sure doesn't speak towards my Arabic/Northern African friends who have emigrated to Europe. Where they are definitely not welcomed. Of course, comparing Europe to the USA is night and day due to the fact that the USA is far more integrated with higher diverse populations.

Only in US cities have I ever been told "don't go there it's black, don't go there it's hispanic" etc.
Did you actually still go to these neighborhoods anyway or just take some ignorant advice? My guess is the latter but that you'll say the former because this is an anonymous message board. I've been throughout much of the US and have never had problems going into any neighborhood regardless of my or their race.

The city I live in (population of ~250,000, total metro population is ~2.4 million) has the world's second largest population of Hmong people. The majority do live in one pocket of the city. Why? Well, the immigration was priimarily done by churches in that area. When that started, they were moved into affordable housing and eventually started Hmong businesses. These businesses attracted future immigrants to live in that area due to the ease of acclamation and due to the fact that the area became set-up to cater to the Hmong community. (Resources like banks, ATMs, restaurants, et al, have information and speakers in Hmong which diminish any language barriers that they may have in other neighborhoods). (The USA does not have an official language which would make it even more difficult for immigrants, unlike England or France).

Back
Top Bottom