• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Black History Month be abolished?

Should Black History Month be abolished?

• Yes

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters
While you are factually correct, your points do not detract from my central point, which was that blacks were kept as slaves in America because they were black...and there's a plethora of evidence to support that. I mean, look at George Wallace's quote, "Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever!" Just as slaveowners kept black slaves as slaves because they were black a century before, Wallace wanted segregation from blacks because they were black (along with all the assumptions and accusations that were included).

Well if you're talking about slavery in America then I'd say you are correct.

We have a fairly white washed take on the history that we read/watch but that is understandable as most cultures are interested in their history's. What should happen is that a more total view on history should be shown on History Channel, for instance... but then again they are about making money and will show what people want to watch.

In schools they do teach about all cultures that make up America and even though blacks make up 13% of the population now and for 400 years did nothing other than be slaves they get huge amounts of attention in history classes.

Why does one race get to have a history month while the others do not? That's favoritism.

Yes and it should be integrated into regular American history.

I'd like to see a breakdown of the poll results by race.

Why does one race get to have a history month while the others do not? That's favoritism.
''Tough tittie'' !
I voted no
As long as man embraces racism and bigotry there will be a need for this "favoritism" .

Back
Top Bottom