• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Biden Write A Concession Speech?

Should Biden Write A Concession Speech?

• Total voters
You know there is a popular vote, obviously. Everyone knows that.

The populace votes for representatives to go and vote for them. Even then it's a state vote. Not everyone knows that.

That's what leads to the misconception that the so called popular vote matters.

The populace votes for representatives to go and vote for them. Even then it's a state vote. Not everyone knows that.

That's what leads to the misconception that the so called popular vote matters.

It is still called the popular vote. What not everyone knows (because school districts fail to require government classes for all 12th grade students) is how the Electoral College works. But any high school American history teacher will tell you the five presidents in U.S. history who benefited from the EC "lost the popular vote" that year.

LOL. I don't know why you don't read DP often anymore. It is filled with many TDS posts, just like your nonsense.

So you are just a whole lot smarter than the likes of Bill Kristol, David Frum, Rosa Brooks and a whole lot of military scholars??

Election 2020: 'War games' on Trump vs. Biden race show risk of chaos

WASHINGTON – They met virtually on Zoom, four days over two weeks in June, to hold simulations known in the military and intelligence communities as "war games."

There were 67 players – many of them high-profile critics of President Donald Trump – including law professors, retired military officers, former senior U.S. officials, political strategists and attorneys.

Instead of mapping out a geopolitical conflict, the group peered ahead to the Nov. 3 election, now less than 90 days away, and explored how the race between Trump and Joe Biden could turn into a post-election crisis.

John Podesta, a former top aide to President Barack Obama and President Bill Clinton's former chief of staff, played Biden. Two outspoken Republican critics of Trump, David Frum and Bill Kristol, portrayed the president."

Actually, I don't visit D.P. often because the Trump phenomenon - the absence of the ability to sustain a thoughtful discussion- has bled into this site. People like you are always looking for the quick put down, not debate.

It is still called the popular vote. What not everyone knows (because school districts fail to require government classes for all 12th grade students) is how the Electoral College works. But any high school American history teacher will tell you the five presidents in U.S. history who benefited from the EC "lost the popular vote" that year.

Is that bad? Without the EC those in Idaho and Wyoming would have no input into the system.

Hillary still hasn't conceded the election of 2016.... And like Biden supporters could be, Hillary supporters are still whining and her supporters are still crying.

161109-clinton-camp-election-01.jpg

Yes, it seems that's what the entire 2016 election was all about: sticking to a society which they see as leaving them behind.

If Biden is elected, he has to make sure he addresses their concerns: the loss of their manufacturing jobs, the fear of a changing culture and a changing world, etc... They have to be reassured that they will still have an important place in the new world, and we will help them get there.

But just trying to cling to the past and lash out to the entire rest of the nation (and the world) with fear, hatred, and anger, and hurt everyone else are not very constructive and fruitful long-term approaches.

Yes, it seems that's what the entire 2016 election was all about: sticking to a society which they see as leaving them behind.

If Biden is elected, he has to make sure he addresses their concerns: the loss of their manufacturing jobs, the fear of a changing culture and a changing world, etc... They have to be reassured that they will still have an important place in the new world, and we will help them get there.

But just trying to cling to the past and lash out to the entire rest of the nation (and the world) with fear, hatred, and anger, and hurt everyone else are not very constructive and fruitful long-term approaches.

LOL. The left let the $30 per hour full time jobs with great benefits leave our country and then say, "Don't worry, we're going to make Walmart and McDonalds pay you $15 per hour for your part time jobs in the new economy".

should Trump write one? Will he even concede and leave power?

According to the TDS'rs, no. But, it is you guys who accuse Trump of these things that haven't even happened while spending the last four years trying to overturn the election results and now Hillary is telling Biden not to concede if he loses.

So you are just a whole lot smarter than the likes of Bill Kristol, David Frum, Rosa Brooks and a whole lot of military scholars??

Election 2020: 'War games' on Trump vs. Biden race show risk of chaos

WASHINGTON – They met virtually on Zoom, four days over two weeks in June, to hold simulations known in the military and intelligence communities as "war games."

There were 67 players – many of them high-profile critics of President Donald Trump – including law professors, retired military officers, former senior U.S. officials, political strategists and attorneys.

Instead of mapping out a geopolitical conflict, the group peered ahead to the Nov. 3 election, now less than 90 days away, and explored how the race between Trump and Joe Biden could turn into a post-election crisis.

John Podesta, a former top aide to President Barack Obama and President Bill Clinton's former chief of staff, played Biden. Two outspoken Republican critics of Trump, David Frum and Bill Kristol, portrayed the president."

Actually, I don't visit D.P. often because the Trump phenomenon - the absence of the ability to sustain a thoughtful discussion- has bled into this site. People like you are always looking for the quick put down, not debate.

TDS is a terrible disease. I wish you the best.

Is that bad? Without the EC those in Idaho and Wyoming would have no input into the system.

Why? Voters in those states still would have them counted.

LOL. The left let the $30 per hour full time jobs with great benefits leave our country and then say, "Don't worry, we're going to make Walmart and McDonalds pay you $15 per hour for your part time jobs in the new economy".

I am not aware of any jobs that pay $30 per hour. Maybe foreign language interpreters.

Republicans are the ones who want to take jobs out of America regardless of their pay scale.

I am not aware of any jobs that pay $30 per hour. Maybe foreign language interpreters.

Republicans are the ones who want to take jobs out of America regardless of their pay scale.

Ummmmmmmmmm, all of the manufacturing jobs that the Democrats shipped out to China and other countries.

Um, all of the manufacturing jobs that the Democrats shipped out to China and other countries.

Nonsense. The reason manufacturing jobs are shipped out to other countries has always been to save money on production costs. That fact is not disputable.

All candidates' speech writers compose an acceptance speech and a concession speech prior to each election.

Biden won't be writing a concession speech. He's no longer able to formulate coherent thoughts.

This question just popped into my head. Many on the left seem so sure Biden is going to win, like it is a foregone conclusion.

He should go out with a bang... consistent with his history... and plagiarize a really good one!!! ROTFLOL

Two reasons:

1. Hillary didn't have one ready to go

2. Many lefties believe Biden can't possibly lose

They Dems are repeating 2016... In so many ways already.

1. Lame candidate.

2. Hiding from the public.

3. Arrogant Goebbels Media trying to bring Trump down... (for 5-years now).

Can’t wait for the debates!!!

He should go out with a bang... consistent with his history... and plagiarize a really good one!!! ROTFLOL

LOL. He should plagiarize Hillary's. Seems fitting.

because all you care about is believing Donald Trump is a very good man no matter what he says and does.

I couldn't care less what he says...I only care about what he is doing....and since he got into office...he"s doing super job as president and will get my vote in Nov.

I couldn't care less what he says...I only care about what he is doing....and since he got into office...he"s doing super job as president and will get my vote in Nov.

If you are educated about Donald Trump you know he has done a lot of horrible things in office since his inauguration. No way around that. I need to see proof he has never cheated, overstepped the limited duties of his office, or put himself above the American people. The truth is clear: he has done ALL of that MANY times.

Last edited:
If you are educated about Donald Trump, you know what he does is even worse than what he says.

Just can't take all this success huh???

Just can't take all this success huh?

If you are educated about Donald Trump, you know he wants Americans to die and caused or helped cause many unnecessary deaths. You also know he is totally unpatriotic and does not care about the American people. You know he can't get along with anybody, even his own employees, who disagrees with him. You know he is a bigot. You know he got away with many crimes, including 26 rapes and repeated tax evasions.You know he lacks a basic knowledge of our Constitution. If you don't know this stuff, it is because you are not educated about him. There is no reason to want this kind of person holding the most important job title in the world.

Last edited:
This question just popped into my head. Many on the left seem so sure Biden is going to win, like it is a foregone conclusion.

Your poll questions are terrible, No he should not write one because the election is far from determined, and it is too early to even think about that. A concession speech should be written within one week of an election, not months out.

Back
Top Bottom