• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Biden Write A Concession Speech?

Should Biden Write A Concession Speech?

• Total voters
LOL. Yes Hillary, we do know that you won the popular vote. Biden might win the popular vote too. Would that make you feel better? Have you learned in the last four years that presidential elections are decided by the electoral vote? Do you want to change your vote in this poll now that I reminded you that electoral votes is how the presidential winner is determined?

So you're bragging that you've lost the policy arguments and have to resort to an electoral technicality in order to consistently allow a minority of the country's voters to choose the President.

So you're bragging that you've lost the policy arguments and have to resort to an electoral technicality in order to consistently allow a minority of the country's voters to choose the President.

Actually, the fact is in 2016 Trump campaigned for the electoral votes while Hillary tried to rack up as many votes as she could in California and New York. If the election were decided by the popular vote, Trump would have campaigned differently. While it is just guessing as to what the popular vote would have been if Trump had campaigned differently, it's pretty much a certainty that the popular vote totals would have been different than they were in 2016. As to whether the change would have been enough that Trump would have still won is debatable and will never be known. But, it would be a mistake to retroactively change the rules of the 2016 election and then claim that the popular vote totals would have been the same with different rules. And, if I remember correctly, the 2020 election will still be decided by the electoral vote.

Actually, the fact is in 2016 Trump campaigned for the electoral votes while Hillary tried to rack up as many votes as she could in California and New York. If the election were decided by the popular vote, Trump would have campaigned differently. While it is just guessing as to what the popular vote would have been if Trump had campaigned differently, it's pretty much a certainty that the popular vote totals would have been different than they were in 2016. As to whether the change would have been enough that Trump would have still won is debatable and will never be known. But, it would be a mistake to retroactively change the rules of the 2016 election and then claim that the popular vote totals would have been the same with different rules.

Sounds like a bunch of whining to me. If Trump wins this November, it will once again be because of an electoral technicality and he will once again have lost on the policy arguments.

I guess that makes me an ignorant voter then. The election will be a toss-up after Labor Day with Trump relentlessly campaigning and ‘where’s waldo’ MIA. He’s pulling another Hillary in the Midwest.

Let me know when you find legitimate nationwide polls of "likely voters" in all 50 states that shows their race is within the margin of error. Less than five I have seen produced a tossup result.

The reason I emphasized ignorance is everything going on this year is either caused or worsened by our current president, whose plan to win is cheat because he knows there is no other way.

Last edited:
LOL. Yes Hillary, we do know that you won the popular vote. Biden might win the popular vote too. Would that make you feel better? Have you learned in the last four years that presidential elections are decided by the electoral vote? Do you want to change your vote in this poll now that I reminded you that electoral votes is how the presidential winner is determined?

Do not doubt more Democrats will vote this year to make sure Joe Biden wins both the popular AND Electoral College votes after learning their lesson four years ago. Also remember Hillary Clinton was an unpopular candidate, so a lot of voters were really voting against her instead of "for Trump" and will vote for Biden this time.

Let me know when you find legitimate nationwide polls of "likely voters" in all 50 states that shows their race is within the margin of error. Less than five I have seen produced a tossup result.

The reason I emphasized ignorance is everything going on this year is either caused or worsened by our current president, whose plan to win is cheat because he knows there is no other way.
Trafalgar Group hit 47 of 50 states in 2016. The 3 they missed — WI, NV, NH — were an even flip of 10 EVs. So they hit 306 to 232 perfectly. So I pay attention to them.

On RCP, TG has 2 new polls, today and one on 8/26. Trump is up in MI by +2 and PA by +1, and the incumbent Dem Sen. Peters losing by +1.

Thank you. My mind bends that his supporters do not see this. Wait, maybe they do see it and are simply ignoring it.

There does not seem to be any argument being made by the OP.

First of all, I don't think Biden is mentally capable of writing any kind of speech, so he'll need to find someone to write his concession speech for him.

In any case, he should have both a victor's speech and a loser's speech lined up.

In any case, I decline to answer your dumbass poll.

All high level politicians have speech writers. And if their really good politicians, they won't waste their time on it.

Awwwwwwww, come on now. Can't you admit that many lefties on here believe the election result is a foregone conclusion?

It is not. And the reason it is not is because we have no way of knowing the level of Trump's cheating. Trump cannot win this fair and square, and he knows it.

I guess that makes me an ignorant voter then. The election will be a toss-up after Labor Day with Trump relentlessly campaigning and ‘where’s waldo’ MIA. He’s pulling another Hillary in the Midwest.

You really can't assume that since the campaign essentially started today.

Two reasons:

1. Hillary didn't have one ready to go

2. Many lefties believe Biden can't possibly lose

And I believe Biden can't possibly win......

You really can't assume that since the campaign essentially started today.
I saw trump campaigning last week in Iowa twice, Minnesota and Wisconsin in two venues each, Arizona and Pennsylvania. Air Force One is the Great Equalizer. As well, trump has been campaigning since the night of his election.

Meanwhile, where’s waldo is seeding the election to trump the next eleven days. Better hope Republicans for Biden step up. Nothing like letting the other side define you while you’re MIA.

The minority of the votes didn't choose a president...the US Constitution did. Don't like the outcome, I dare liberals/progressives/democrats/radicals to change it.

The minority of the votes didn't choose a president...the US Constitution did. Don't like the outcome, I dare liberals/progressives/democrats/radicals to change it.

And the stupid United States Constitution....

I have been waiting the entire century for that to change. If I was President, one item on my agenda would be cutting out the Electoral College.

Let me know when you find legitimate nationwide polls of "likely voters" in all 50 states that shows their race is within the margin of error. Less than five I have seen produced a tossup result..

Betting odds switched last night. Previously Biden was favored to win. Now its Trump favored.

And I believe Biden can't possibly win......

Don't underestimate the effectiveness of such a widespread propaganda campaign of 90% of the Media, ALL of social media tech, google/youtube, Hollywood, major sports leagues and academia.

Hillary still hasn't conceded the election of 2016.... And like Biden supporters could be, Hillary supporters are still whining and her supporters are still crying.

161109-clinton-camp-election-01.jpg

CLINTON: Thank you. Thank you all. Thank you.

(APPLAUSE)
Thank you all very much. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you so much.
(APPLAUSE)
Very rowdy group. Thank you, my friends. Thank you. Thank you, thank you so very much for being here and I love you all, too.
Last night, I congratulated Donald Trump and offered to work with him on behalf of our country. I hope that he will be a successful president for all Americans. This is not the outcome we wanted or we worked so hard for and I'm sorry that we did not win this election for the values we share and the vision we hold for our country.
But I feel pride and gratitude for this wonderful campaign that we built together, this vast, diverse, creative, unruly, energized campaign. You represent the best of America and being your candidate has been one of the greatest honors of my life.
(APPLAUSE)

November 9, 2016.

Why do you guys keep trying to float that same lie?

Hillary Clinton's concession speech (full text) - CNNPolitics

I have been waiting the entire century for that to change. If I was President, one item on my agenda would be cutting out the Electoral College.

Not much a President can do to convince states to change the constitution.

Two reasons:

1. Hillary didn't have one ready to go

2. Many lefties believe Biden can't possibly lose

1. This is a stupid poll. The real question is will Trump leave when he loses. I already know he won't give a concession speech.

2. All signs point to a large Biden victory in the election. He is over 50% in most polls which is a margin that will be nearly impossible to beat as long as those people get to vote.

3. We are all very excited to vote for Biden and get Trump out.

Back
Top Bottom