• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Biden Write A Concession Speech?

Should Biden Write A Concession Speech?

• Total voters

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
This question just popped into my head. Many on the left seem so sure Biden is going to win, like it is a foregone conclusion.

Both candidates should have a concession and a victory speech ready once the election is concluded, why is this even a question?

Both candidates should have a concession and a victory speech ready once the election is concluded, why is this even a question?

Two reasons:

1. Hillary didn't have one ready to go

2. Many lefties believe Biden can't possibly lose

Two reasons:

Hillary still hasn't conceded the election of 2016.... And like Biden supporters could be, Hillary supporters are still whining and her supporters are still crying.

161109-clinton-camp-election-01.jpg

This question just popped into my head. Many on the left seem so sure Biden is going to win, like it is a foregone conclusion.

Only the most ignorant voters can possibly expect Joe Biden to lose.

Two reasons:

What? Do you want to be like Mitt Romney?

Make Obama wait all night, just because you can't think of what to say?

Here's the speech: Aaaaaaaarruugghhhhh!

One of the greatest screams in rock-and-roll, it would rate right up there with Quan Yin or all the screams the Kursk caused and its too.

I would talk about Trump's good points.

It would be a short speech.

And then roast him.

I wouldn't put much time into it, it would be a waste of time.

Just wing it.

He should start now, cause it will take him 500 retakes to put a coherent paragraph together

"Many" on the left are not certain Biden is going to win like it is a foregone conclusion. After 2016, you would be hard put to find many people on the left who would be certain of such an outcome.

"Liberals are so nervous that they wouldn't breathe a sigh of relief until Biden finishes taking the oath of office. In fact, they're so scared that even one year after a Biden victory, the general at arms could announce the President of the United States in preparation for the State of the Union speech, and they'd be have certain that Trump would walk out onto the House floor."

-Dan Pfeifer, loosely paraphrased

What? Do you want to be like Mitt Romney?

Make Obama wait all night, just because you can't think of what to say?

Here's the speech: Aaaaaaaarruugghhhhh!

One of the greatest screams in rock-and-roll, it would rate right up there with Quan Yin or all the screams the Kursk caused and its too.

I would talk about Trump's good points.

It would be a short speech.

And then roast him.

I wouldn't put much time into it, it would be a waste of time.

Just wing it.

Hillary couldn't even wing it. Besides, a concession speech is mostly for your supporters.

"Many" on the left are not certain Biden is going to win like it is a foregone conclusion. After 2016, you would be hard put to find many people on the left who would be certain of such an outcome.

"Liberals are so nervous that they wouldn't breathe a sigh of relief until Biden finishes taking the oath of office. In fact, they're so scared that even one year after a Biden victory, the general at arms could announce the President of the United States in preparation for the State of the Union speech, and they'd be have certain that Trump would walk out onto the House floor."

-Dan Pfeifer, loosely paraphrased

Don't read DP to much, do you?

First of all, I don't think Biden is mentally capable of writing any kind of speech, so he'll need to find someone to write his concession speech for him.

In any case, he should have both a victor's speech and a loser's speech lined up.

In any case, I decline to answer your dumbass poll.

Don't read DP to much, do you?

Start a poll asking about the certainty of a Biden win and see what you get. You may also want to create another poll option pertaining to the optimism around the state of the race itself. These are important distinctions.

First of all, I don't think Biden is mentally capable of writing any kind of speech, so he'll need to find someone to write his concession speech for him.

In any case, he should have both a victor's speech and a loser's speech lined up.

In any case, I decline to answer your dumbass poll.

To be fair, pretty much all of these people have someone else write their speeches, including Trump.

Start a poll asking about the certainty of a Biden win and see what you get. You may also want to create another poll option pertaining to the optimism around the state of the race itself. These are important distinctions.

Awwwwwwww, come on now. Can't you admit that many lefties on here believe the election result is a foregone conclusion?

Biden will have one, of course, because making it up as you go is a dumb way to go out. Which is of course exactly why Trump won't have one prepared. Besides, don't we already know what a trump concession speech will look like? It'll be a big whiny bitchfest calling Democrats a bunch of cheaters and telling everybody the election was stolen from him.

Awwwwwwww, come on now. Can't you admit that many lefties on here believe the election result is a foregone conclusion?

Why don't you want to start a poll? Are you afraid the results won't match your ass-umption?

Only the most ignorant voters can possibly expect Joe Biden to lose.

I guess that makes me an ignorant voter then. The election will be a toss-up after Labor Day with Trump relentlessly campaigning and ‘where’s waldo’ MIA. He’s pulling another Hillary in the Midwest.

Why don't you want to start a poll? Are you afraid the results won't match your ass-umption?

Nothing has ever been Trump's fault, according to Trump.

When Biden did not forcefully condemn the violence that continues in our Democratic run cities every damn night until his polling showed him tanking only did he come out yesterday and make a statement against it while claiming the Republicans are behind it.

When former President Obama makes a statement that claims there isn't that much difference between Bernie and Joe on policy, Independents and even some Democrats don't appreciate that one and are second guessing their choice . Pollsters who use the dial technique to track what Republicans, Democrats and Independents views on the message they received during the RNC convention showed Independents in lock and step with Republicans.

When Biden prior to and after the DNC convention, seen his poll numbers in battleground states beginning to tank . Right now the RCP averages have Biden down to a +3 in the margin of error. And the latest poll out of Minnesota has Trump and Biden tied. The latest poll out of Michigan has Trump up +2 and the Republican candidate for the Senate James edging out Peters the Democratic incumbent.

When you have the speaker of the House make a statement that Joe Biden should not even bother with debates says a lot.

She did win the popular vote, you know. Everyone was right about that except the stupid Trump worshipers.
Biden can win by 5 million votes and still lose the 17 swing states. Romney lost by 5 million but won more CDs than Obama.

Hillary couldn't even wing it. Besides, a concession speech is mostly for your supporters.

It's the opportunity, what are you going to do, cry? Chart the path ahead? Compliment your opponent and focus on his assets?

It's not about winning or losing, it's about America and going forward.

It's the situation art of the centuries, and if you're not a Comedian, why are you running for President (because you're the Beast)?

She did win the popular vote, you know. Everyone was right about that except the stupid Trump worshipers.

LOL. Yes Hillary, we do know that you won the popular vote. Biden might win the popular vote too. Would that make you feel better? Have you learned in the last four years that presidential elections are decided by the electoral vote? Do you want to change your vote in this poll now that I reminded you that electoral votes is how the presidential winner is determined?

Back
Top Bottom