• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Biden send american forces to ukraine?

Yes, no, maybe so?
No. However if an insurgency movement builds, we should support it with covert and overt aid short of sending troops. Turning Ukraine into Russia's Afghanistan Quagmire Part 2 might bloody Putin's resolve.

Without a clearly defined objective and as a unilateral move Hell No

As part of a multi nation group only as a last resort

Is it worth sending a bunch of peoples' kids to die?

Is it worth the risk of nuclear war and the fall of homo sapien?

And if it is, then how do we possibly justify not invading China to save the Uighurs? How about all the other global conflicts involving a clear aggressor?

Maybe-ish. If Russia is as bad as most people claim (and they are), and you are fairly sure they aren’t going to stop until someone makes them stop, what do you do? Is the cost of not responding militarily worth the loss of Ukraine as an independent country and a potential friend? What if he continues and absorbs the Baltic states next?

Commit suicide ?
Guess he is stupid enough .

Would they be up to fighting . They could do with a win under their belts first .
Bit of training with The Marshall Islands or Tuvalo would be smart .

Should Biden send american forces to ukraine?​

?? Absolutely not! Why would he? We have no mutual defense pact with Ukraine.

Our only military obligation in the region is to our NATO allies. If any of them are invaded by Russia, then that's a different story.
We have to honor our ratified treaties.

I'm honestly conflicted. We are partly responsible for disarming them of nuclear weapons, the presence of which would certainly have deterred Russian aggression. We owe them something substantial.

Is it worth sending a bunch of peoples' kids to die?

Is it worth the risk of nuclear war and the fall of homo sapien?

And if it is, then how do we possibly justify not invading China to save the Uighurs? How about all the other global conflicts involving a clear aggressor?
What happens if they invade Poland?

Seriously?

They're in NATO.
Yes it's an honest question. If Putin gets bold enough and he does invade a NATO country what happens then?

Those questions you ask still applies.

Nope......However, the more I see the more convinced I am that Putin has really stuck his foot in it this time. He has badly miscalculated. Even if he is as destructive as I think he will be, IMO he will lose in the end and he will lose more than whatever he thinks he is winning in Ukraine now.

As for American Russia-cons. I don't think "Vladimir who" is going to play well when they try that one.

There might be a time for some sort of action either by air, sea or land by US military. But its not today.

Yes it's an honest question. If Putin gets bold enough and he does invade a NATO country what happens then?

We honor our oaths.

That's what happens.

Yes, no, maybe so?

Never. An armed conflict with Russia is way too dangerous. It could result in nuclear war.

Putin wants the old Soviet empire back. Our options are really limited.

Maybe there will be an insurgency, maybe not. A large minority of the Ukrainian population does feel loyalty to Russia, so it's really difficult to anticipate how the aftermath of this invasion will play out.

Putin can't invade NATO without triggering Article V and WW3. It's as simple as that.

Never. An armed conflict with Russia is way too dangerous. It could result in nuclear war.

Putin wants the old Soviet empire back. Our options are really limited.

Maybe there will be an insurgency, maybe not. A large minority of the Ukrainian population does feel loyalty to Russia, so it's really difficult to anticipate how the aftermath of this invasion will play out.
Cowing will not work. This is not the middle east we cannot just walk away since Putin wants what the Soviets had and their goals. It is the US that he is after. We are already in ww3.

Cowing will not work. This is not the middle east we cannot just walk away since Putin wants what the Soviets had and their goals. It is the US that he is after. We are already in ww3.

I didn't say anything about cowering. I said we can't send troops to Ukraine. It's not the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom