• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Biden, Pelosi, And Schumer Recommend All Americans Get The Coronavirus Vaccine?

Should Biden, Pelosi, And Schumer Recommend All Americans Get The Coronavirus Vaccine?

• Total voters

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
It's just before the election and Trump has announced that an emergency authorization has been issued for the Coronavirus vaccine and it is available immediately (let's say November 1st). Trump is having a press conference with Dr. Fauci and other health experts - to plead all Americans to go right out and get the vaccine ASAP for the good of the country. Biden and everyone on the left have always said that they are going to follow the science and listen to the experts. The science shows that the vaccine is both safe and effective, even though the process has gone through operation Warp Speed. But, as I said, the science shows it is both safe and effective and Dr. Fauci and other health experts are begging and pleading with Americans to go right out and get vaccinated. Should Biden, flanked on his sides by Schumer and Pelosi, join Trump and the experts on national television just before the election and urge Americans to get the vaccine for the good of the country to end this national health emergency?

It's just before the election and Trump has announced that an emergency authorization has been issued for the Coronavirus vaccine and it is available immediately (let's say November 1st). Trump is having a press conference with Dr. Fauci and other health experts - to plead all Americans to go right out and get the vaccine ASAP for the good of the country. Biden and everyone on the left have always said that they are going to follow the science and listen to the experts. The science shows that the vaccine is both safe and effective, even though the process has gone through operation Warp Speed. But, as I said, the science shows it is both safe and effective and Dr. Fauci and other health experts are begging and pleading with Americans to go right out and get vaccinated. Should Biden, flanked on his sides by Schumer and Pelosi, join Trump and the experts on national television just before the election and urge Americans to get the vaccine for the good of the country to end this national health emergency?

No vaccine is ready yet, and there have not been enough trials to determine how effective or safe any of the current possible vaccines will be. Until we know efficacy and risks, I am unwilling to say one way or the other whether anyone should be pushing for vaccine approval and distribution.

People I am not taking health advice from:

1) Peter Navarro

2) Larry Kudlow

3) Scott Atlas

4) Donald Trump

5) Kirk Cousins

6) Mike Pence

I’ll update as events unfold............

I suppose if it can be shown to be safe and effective, it would be a good recommendation. I'm fairly pro-vaccine though as they are great and help prevent disease. If there is a safe and effective vaccine developed, I see little reason why people shouldn't get them. It may not protect against mutations, but it can help lower the risks.

No vaccine is ready yet, and there have not been enough trials to determine how effective or safe any of the current possible vaccines will be. Until we know efficacy and risks, I am unwilling to say one way or the other whether anyone should be pushing for vaccine approval and distribution.

But but but in this very possible hypothetical, the experts are saying the science is there. Democrats have said they want to follow the science and listen to the experts.

1) Peter Navarro

2) Larry Kudlow

3) Scott Atlas

4) Donald Trump

5) Kirk Cousins

6) Mike Pence

I said Dr Fauci and other health experts. I didn't say any of the ones you mentioned.

No way in hell I would take a rushed vaccine that was only released to try and get votes.

No one responsible would urge anyone to get the vaccine on November 1.

This is all about corruption.

But but but in this very possible hypothetical, the experts are saying the science is there. Democrats have said they want to follow the science and listen to the experts.

I do not see a path that leads to this being plausible. Most vaccines take 7-10 years to develop, and scientists originally said at least 18 months for a vaccine. The phase III trials have barely begun for most of the current vaccines, and phase IV trials are typically more rigorous. If you believe this is possible, you know nothing about vaccine development, and I encourage you to do more research.

No way in hell I would take a rushed vaccine that was only released to try and get votes.

No one responsible would urge anyone to get the vaccine on November 1.

This is all about corruption.

But but but your side has said they will listen to the science and the health experts. Are you now saying that isn't true?

I said Dr Fauci and other health experts. I didn't say any of the ones you mentioned.

From Wikipedia - Scott W. Atlas (born 1955) is an American neuroradiologist, professor, commentator, and health care policy advisor. He is the Robert Wesson Senior Fellow at the Hoover Institution. Although Atlas is not an expert in public health or infectious diseases, he was selected by President Donald Trump to serve as an advisor on the COVID-19 pandemic in August 2020.

.....and Trump knows everything.

Pence is the leader of the Covid Task Force

The others have no problem chiming in......

But but but your side has said they will listen to the science and the health experts. Are you now saying that isn't true?

not the corruped ones... and it's not "my side" I have no "side" which is why I get **** from those on the right and those on the left.

Seriously, how old are you?

And we see the point of this thread in the above. It is nothing more than a Moderate Right attempt at a "gotcha" moment.

No, because we are not China.

So far as new data comes out, one can argue a 120 trillion in economic activity has been sacrificed for a 1.5% death rate. Now a vaccine has been rushed to market, bypassing normal testing protocols “because we are in a hurry”.

What ever happened to hating on “big pharma”. I presume this vaccine will be patented, and exploited.

If the vaccine is adequately tested for efficacy and safety, I'm all for it. Corner cutting and Trump talking about having it ready before the election had me concerned, especially when I consider the recent CDC position on testing. Science influenced by politics isn't science.

What did Dr. Fauci say, exactly? Actual quote, not your summary of the quote. And a link, of course.

I think we are so divided and there are so many stupid conspiracy theories around vaccine, that the best thing is to just lead by example. Show press coverage of each of them getting the shots.

What did Dr. Fauci say, exactly? Actual quote, not your summary of the quote. And a link, of course.

Mod is postulating a contradictory situation. If Fauci and other trusted scientists endorse an inadequately tested vaccine would you believe them? Implying that if you don't, you aren't following science. I frankly don't believe that Fauci would allow himself to be used in this way. His credentials and credibility and age make him less vulnerable to Trump's threats.

Mod is postulating a contradictory situation. If Fauci and other trusted scientists endorse an inadequately tested vaccine would you believe them? Implying that if you don't, you aren't following science. I frankly don't believe that Fauci would allow himself to be used in this way. His credentials and credibility and age make him less vulnerable to Trump's threats.

Thus far, I don't think Fauci has allowed himself to publicly take a position he hasn't believed, which is why I wanted to know what Fauci himself said...specifically.

Thus far, I don't think Fauci has allowed himself to publicly take a position he hasn't believed, which is why I wanted to know what Fauci himself said...specifically.

Since this is all hypothetical, Fauci hasn't actually said anything. The OP is just trying to have a gotcha moment. So far, it's not going as well as he hoped.

Since this is all hypothetical, Fauci hasn't actually said anything. The OP is just trying to have a gotcha moment. So far, it's not going as well as he hoped.

I know.

Actually your post can only lead to one answer to the poll, no. There is no way any vaccine in trials today will be fully tested and verified by the election so the only honest option is to say NO.

The experts are saying the vaccine has not passed the required trials.

I have no doubt that Trump's ploy with the vaccine is a political stunt.

I also have little doubt that, if the vaccine is released before the election, Biden and Pelosi will be insisting that it's not safe no matter what the actual facts are.

1) Peter Navarro

2) Larry Kudlow

3) Scott Atlas

4) Donald Trump

5) Kirk Cousins

6) Mike Pence

To be fair you can shorten this list to

Policians
Celebrities
News reporters
People who aren't my personal physician

Back
Top Bottom