• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should biden pardon trump?

Should biden pardon trump?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • No

Votes: 62 98.4%

• Total voters
I hope such a thing gets addressed by a bill soon. That should not even be an option.

The best part though is that the President cannot pardon for state crimes, so if NY State brings him up, he'll have to deal with it.

What about state crimes concerning U.S. Attorneys.
That are Federal.Like the kind the Corrupt Mueller Special
Counsel used to go after Trump associates.

Yes, Ramoss, I have decided to just let Trump deal with whatever trouble he might have gotten himself into. I'm sure the country will survive it.
I wanted to publicly acknowledge and commend your willingness to be persuaded. That is a qualitiy generally lacking on this board and should be lauded.

I wanted to publicly acknowledge and commend your willingness to be persuaded. That is a qualitiy generally lacking on this board and should be lauded.

Wow, thank you, NWRatCon! The people here make very convincing arguments plus I appreciate the free education I'm getting. :) Thanks again!

Part 7
XI
Why is there no mention of the Chinese President Xi Jinping in either of the two articles of impeachment? Why only the Ukrainian president? If the Democrats’ argument is that involving foreign governments in U.S. elections is an impeachable offense, as well as a threat to national security, then why stop at Ukraine? What about China? Listen to the president himself, speaking to reporters outside the White House in October: “China should start an investigation into the Bidens, because what happened in China is just about as bad as what happened with Ukraine.”
YEMEN
In Syria, Trump dropped bombs without congressional approval. In Yemen, the scene of the world’s worst humanitarian crisis, Trump has helped Saudi Arabia to continue to drop bombs despite explicit opposition from both chambers of Congress. As an analyst in The Guardian argued, Trump’s decision to veto a bipartisan bill calling for an end to U.S. military involvement in the Saudi air war amounted to “flagrant defiance of the 1973 War Powers Act that checks a president’s ability to engage in armed conflict without express consent of Congress.”
ZELENSKY
The president of the United States didn’t just abuse his power in attempting to pressure the president of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelensky, to investigate Joe and Hunter Biden; he tried to bribe him. Pelosi accused Trump of bribery and so, too, did the House Democrats’ 169-page impeachment report. Yet, as Vox noted, “When Democrats actually unveiled their articles of impeachment last week, bribery was MIA.” Why?

Anyway, my friend, that's why!

You live in a death cult, Bush, bombed Yemen, Obama bombed Yemen, Trump bombed, Yemen, just slightly more that the previously combined! But the interesting thing.... none of them bombed Al Queda in Yemen!

You live in a death cult, Bush, bombed Yemen, Obama bombed Yemen, Trump bombed, Yemen, just slightly more that the previously combined! But the interesting thing.... none of them bombed Al Queda in Yemen!

Citation for this claim?

www.nytimes.com › World › Middle East
U.S. Strikes at Leader of Qaeda in Yemen - The New York Times

Jan 31, 2020 — The officials expressed confidence that the Qaeda leader, Qassim al-Rimi, was killed in a January airstrike in Yemen but were awaiting ...

Citation for this claim?

www.nytimes.com › World › Middle East
U.S. Strikes at Leader of Qaeda in Yemen - The New York Times

Jan 31, 2020 — The officials expressed confidence that the Qaeda leader, Qassim al-Rimi, was killed in a January airstrike in Yemen but were awaiting ...
You see the quote attached ....... that's confirmation! Goodness me, try reading, instead of regurgitating and copying and pasting replies!

You see the quote attached ....... that's confirmation! Goodness me, try reading, instead of regurgitating and copying and pasting replies!

What is the fact?

U.S. Strikes at Leader of Qaeda in Yemen

What was the claim?

But the interesting thing.... none of them bombed Al Queda in Yemen!

CLAIM BUSTED

Yes, I think Joe should pardon Trump.

Let's put this whole messy cluster foxtrot behind us.

So the next "Trump" can do even worse crap with impunity?
Oh Hell no.
By the way, the biggest reason something must be done, the biggest reason he must not ever be pardoned, is because the world needs an unvarnished record and account of everything Trump has done.

Jason, I was just thinking in terms of not putting the country through this kind of thing. It is said that during the O.J. trial, everybody was taking sides. Can you imagine what would happen if Trump were to be on trial? Think of how the country would be divided. Think how long this agony would go on. Think of the bad feelings this would create among us. I just dont think it would be worth all that.
Please consider the agony the country has been going through for the past 4 years because of Trump. Especially the last 9 months with Covid which is starting up again in force.

Personally, it puts me through agony every time the US president lies to us. Every time he fires people for telling the truth and doing their jobs. I can come up with 10 more examples without even getting into the illegal things.

Biden (If he's elected) should turn the DOJ loose to investigate and prosecute any crimes allegedly committed by Trump and all his enabling asshole republican friends.
They'll find what they find and a jury shall decide.

It's the only way to put this country back on track and pass the word that this Trumpian style of government will no longer be accepted. And while they're working on that, congress should pass laws that don't allow a president to work in all these gray areas and break all the norms. The norms need to be made into laws. Our founding fathers never in a million years imagined a reckless, careless, ego maniac like Trump has been. There is way to much trust afforded our highest leaders.

Just pointing out they all attacked Yemen without congressional approval. Regards
Thats terrible, but can you give us a few weeks to straighten that out? We've kinda got our hands full right now. Thanks 🀄

Please consider the agony the country has been going through for the past 4 years because of Trump. Especially the last 9 months with Covid which is starting up again in force.

Personally, it puts me through agony every time the US president lies to us. Every time he fires people for telling the truth and doing their jobs. I can come up with 10 more examples without even getting into the illegal things.

Biden (If he's elected) should turn the DOJ loose to investigate and prosecute any crimes allegedly committed by Trump and all his enabling asshole republican friends.
They'll find what they find and a jury shall decide.

It's the only way to put this country back on track and pass the word that this Trumpian style of government will no longer be accepted. And while they're working on that, congress should pass laws that don't allow a president to work in all these gray areas and break all the norms. The norms need to be made into laws. Our founding fathers never in a million years imagined a reckless, careless, ego maniac like Trump has been. There is way to much trust afforded our highest leaders.

Thanks, AntiDonald. I appreciate your post, and I've changed my mind from what I posted. I now think it would be okay for Biden to allow justice to be done. I do hope it will be quick and not drag on, but even if it does, maybe it will eventually put an end to the whole matter. Thanks again!

There is nothing to "pardon him" for. This is the problem with your side of the argument; you assume he's done something illegal either to obtain and/or retain office, or just anything illegal you can pin your cap on. Your side has been acting on this assumption pre- and post-election 2020.

This isn't "Nixon resigning." This is an ELECTION, and Trump will either win or lose.

IMO you are just pushing an ongoing "witch-hunt," as has been the effort since 11/08/16. IMO it's just your confirmation bias showing.

Nothing to pardon him for? really? I mean really? Trump has come out publicly and says he will pardon himself. Al Pacino in "Justice For All" said it best when he "defending" a rapist who told him he'd love to do it again. "My client is guilty. and should go straight to ****ing jail."

Yes, I think Joe should pardon Trump.

Let's put this whole messy cluster foxtrot behind us.

I disagree. We don't know all that Trump may or may not have done wrong. It should be up to a court of law to determine. Presidents, current or future, aren't entitled to a get out of jail card. Future presidents and those aspiring to become president should understand that they will be held accountable.

Thanks, AntiDonald. I appreciate your post, and I've changed my mind from what I posted. I now think it would be okay for Biden to allow justice to be done. I do hope it will be quick and not drag on, but even if it does, maybe it will eventually put an end to the whole matter. Thanks again!
And you may remember when Nixon was pre-pardoned, it sparked off protests nationwide. The American people wanted to see justice play out for Nixon's criminal behavior. Many historians have said that Trump is way worse than Nixon was.

A blind man will never see. I won't waste my time anymore with this crap.
Calling me blind really doesn't have the desired punch, when you lack the spine needed to actually answer a direct question.

Keep running Anti. It's all that you are apparently good at this point anyway.

And you may remember when Nixon was pre-pardoned, it sparked off protests nationwide. The American people wanted to see justice play out for Nixon's criminal behavior. Many historians have said that Trump is way worse than Nixon was.

I wasn't around for that Nixon thing, but if you were, then your first-person take is more valuable than mine. If Trump is prosecuted, I hope it's done very quickly.

I would say that the most recent thing would be openly trying to disrupt the mail service for political gain.
One could just as easily make the claim that the democrats were doing that as well.
I've seen no evidence that Trump has, or is actively trying to disrupt the US' mail service, especially for political gain.

One could just as easily make the claim that the democrats were doing that as well.
I've seen no evidence that Trump has, or is actively trying to disrupt the US' mail service, especially for political gain.

Here you go . . .

"Trump admits he’s blocking postal cash to stop mail-in votes"

"President Donald Trump frankly acknowledged Thursday that he’s starving the U.S. Postal Service of money in order to make it harder to process an expected surge of mail-in ballots, which he worries could cost him the election."

https://apnews.com/article/14a2ceda724623604cc8d8e5ab9890ed

For what?

Why, you know - for being Trump. Personality has been criminalized. It's part of the criminalization of freedom. In the Biden future, you can think what you want, but you damn well better not say it if you know what's good for ya.

Back
Top Bottom