• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Biden cut off Trumps intelligence briefings/access to classified briefings?

Should Biden cut off Trumps intelligence briefings/access to classified briefings?

• Total voters
should we give USA intelligence to a person who incited insurrection against the USA?

Why would this even be under debate? Before he led an insurrection against our country Trump was a national security risk.

Why “cut off” Trump from something that he doesn’t read now?

Because after Jan 20, he may all of a sudden become more interested in that stuff. It’s all about what can personally benefit him. Until now, this stuff wasn’t very useful to him- Russians, Shmussians, who cares, right? Boring! Hannity was more useful.

But now...? Well, different story!

Because after Jan 20, he may all of a sudden become more interested in that stuff. It’s all about what can personally benefit him. Until now, this stuff wasn’t very useful to him- Russians, Shmussians, who cares, right? Boring! Hannity was more useful.

If he starts asking for it then if I were Joe I would have one or two folks in the White House devoted to feeding him fake intel.

That would be a hoot.

Sarcasm doesn’t convey very well with the written word........

If this is something Biden legally has the power to do, then yes, absolutely. Trump cannot be trusted with US intel.
Yes Biden has that authority

Oh, YES.

Mr. Biden should lead the pack in kicking President Trump while he's lying on the ground.

Hey! Why doesn't Mr. Biden also take away TV privileges, too? President Trump could be limited to watching only one hour of news each day -- CNN, of course.

What mobsters do you know ever states explicitly the crime they intend to commit?
So that's a "no, I can't manage to show how he incited insurrection" from you as well. Excellent!

If I tie a cat to a stake and ripe a cat killing pitbull into a frenzy and let it go, I didn't just not murder that cat because I didn't yell "Sic 'em" when I let the dog go.

Enough of this stupid quibbling bullshit.

Where this protest was and when it was and what it was protesting was in response to a cynical lie told by people who knew damn well they were lying the whole time.

Nothing is ever gonna change that. Especially not being a grammar Nazi
So that's another "No, I cannot show how he incited insurrection, I just like to claim that he did without any evidence and expect people to take it as gospel truth". Lovely.

IMHO- Trump having access to NS intel/briefings is a security threat to the US
After 20 Jan he can no longer declassify Intel/records

Being cut of from Twitter and maybe also other mainstream social plattforms he will move to the more extreme forms of social media plattforms (were he belongs...). I believe this will make FBI recommend he has no access.

So that's a "no, I can't manage to show how he incited insurrection" from you as well. Excellent!
Wishful thinking on your part, I'm sure, cause they still often manage to convict those mobsters for crimes and this mango mobster shall be convicted as well.

IMHO- Trump having access to NS intel/briefings is a security threat to the US
After 20 Jan he can no longer declassify Intel/records

I've said this before and I will say it again. There is no reason for ANY past president to get intelligence briefings. Our system is set up with several chains of command if something were to happen to the president and, as far as I know, not even one of those includes letting a past president be president again. If a past president can never be president again through the chain of command, then why should ANY past president get intelligence briefings?

I've said this before and I will say it again. There is no reason for ANY past president to get intelligence briefings. Our system is set up with several chains of command if something were to happen to the president and, as far as I know, not even one of those includes letting a past president be president again. If a past president can never be president again through the chain of command, then why should ANY past president get intelligence briefings?
I think that it is a matter of courtesy and a confirmation to past presidents that they are members of an "elite group". I don't think any of them really used it, but Trump will most certainly do if he is able to. If nothing else he can sell it to the news...

I think that it is a matter of courtesy and a confirmation to past presidents that they are members of an "elite group". I don't think any of them really used tit, but Trump will most certainly do if he is able to. If nothing else he can sell it to the news...

Ayup! If there is a profit motive in it for him then he will most certainly take advantage and exploit it. He is an orange Ferengi if ever there was one!

I think that it is a matter of courtesy and a confirmation to past presidents that they are members of an "elite group". I don't think any of them really used it, but Trump will most certainly do if he is able to. If nothing else he can sell it to the news...
As I said, there is no reason for any past president to be kept in the loop as they can't ever be president if an "event" should happen. When it comes to high level intelligence matters, no one should get briefed only based on courtesy.

As I said, there is no reason for any past president to be kept in the loop as they can't ever be president if an "event" should happen. When it comes to high level intelligence matters, no one should get briefed only based on courtesy.

Good post, all the way through but especially at the end!

Good post, all the way through but especially at the end!
I will say though that I think it is kind of stupid and idiotic that in the event of some form of major national emergency that a past president wouldn't somehow be in line for at least temporary duty as president. I mean it only makes sense that a past president would be more experienced in an emergency that sometimes even the vice president, speaker of the House, cabinet members, etc. But, since that is not the way it is, which I think is wrong, then past presidents should not be privy to intelligence briefings as there is nothing that a past president could do with them other than appreciating the "courtesy".

I will say though that I think it is kind of stupid and idiotic that in the event of some form of major national emergency that a past president wouldn't somehow be in line for at least temporary duty as president. I mean it only makes sense that a past president would be more experienced in an emergency that sometimes even the vice president, speaker of the House, cabinet members, etc. But, since that is not the way it is, which I think is wrong, then past presidents should not be privy to intelligence briefings as there is nothing that a past president could do with them other than appreciating the "courtesy".

Again I have to agree with the thinking that has gone into your post. Recent events, almost cinematic in nature, do beg the question of leadership down through the Constitutional descent?

The current Constitution delineates the order of succession down to Cabinet members being raised to the office. I can foresee now where it might be time to change and allow for a former President to be brought back into active status.

Back
Top Bottom