• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Belichick Retire?

washunut

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
In explaining the penalty the NFL it is clear that they looked at past Patriot problems. While they said the organization had no knowledge of whatever happened to the footballs they still took away a 1st and 4th draft pick. Doubt that would have happened to any other organization. Probably would not have happened to the Pats of Belichick was not there.

So, for the good of the organization should the coach offer to resign. Perhaps Kraft should put the team up for sale.

It would certainly help the competitive balance in the league.

Not sure I can agree with you, at least not enough to suggest retirements and selling the team.

Not sure I can agree with you, at least not enough to suggest retirements and selling the team.

Just throwing out some thoughts. How do the Pats and Belichick get the target off their backs. Bill has accomplished just about everything, he is 63 ( I think) hos QB is 37. Why put up with it anymore.

Just throwing out some thoughts. How do the Pats and Belichick get the target off their backs. Bill has accomplished just about everything, he is 63 ( I think) hos QB is 37. Why put up with it anymore.

Let us just say the money involved relieves some of these headaches.

Because Belichick, like a lot of coaches, is a freakshow who probably can't live without football.

In explaining the penalty the NFL it is clear that they looked at past Patriot problems. While they said the organization had no knowledge of whatever happened to the footballs they still took away a 1st and 4th draft pick. Doubt that would have happened to any other organization. Probably would not have happened to the Pats of Belichick was not there.

So, for the good of the organization should the coach offer to resign. Perhaps Kraft should put the team up for sale.

It would certainly help the competitive balance in the league.

Wait, what?

1. Belichick should resign "for the good of the organization"? The organization that didn't win dick-all before he got there?

2. Kraft should sell the team? WHY? Owning an NFL team is basically a license to print money, and the Pats are a franchise that can print more than most. Kraft would be an IDIOT if he sold.

Wait, what?

1. Belichick should resign "for the good of the organization"? The organization that didn't win dick-all before he got there?

2. Kraft should sell the team? WHY? Owning an NFL team is basically a license to print money, and the Pats are a franchise that can print more than most. Kraft would be an IDIOT if he sold.

Probably agree with the second point, although Kraft is already pretty well off.

On the Belichick point, it seems the league will go out of its way and try to stop the Pats from winning. Taking away a #1 for something the league report said the organization knew nothing about? Does that punishment get meted out to any non Belichick coached team?

Probably agree with the second point, although Kraft is already pretty well off.

On the Belichick point, it seems the league will go out of its way and try to stop the Pats from winning. Taking away a #1 for something the league report said the organization knew nothing about? Does that punishment get meted out to any non Belichick coached team?

Wait, the NFL is out to get Belichick now?

If the NFL is trying to prevent the Pats from winning, they're doing a disastrously bad job of it. The Pats catch every break in the book.

Wait, the NFL is out to get Belichick now?

If the NFL is trying to prevent the Pats from winning, they're doing a disastrously bad job of it. The Pats catch every break in the book.

Do you really believe that any other team would get this type of penalty for this crime. How much worse is this than having players fake being hurt to stop the game? I would think that had more impact on the "integrity of the game" than this.

Do you really believe that any other team would get this type of penalty for this crime. How much worse is this than having players fake being hurt to stop the game? I would think that had more impact on the "integrity of the game" than this.

Bountygate. A coach got suspended for an entire season. So yes, another team would have gotten hit hard.

The idea that the NFL is somehow against the Patriots is absurd.

I can't stand Belichick. I couldn't stand him when he was with the Giants. He is one nasty, smug asshole.

This is getting out of hand lol.

Show of hands, franchises that would give a million dollars and two draft picks for a superbowl...

In other words...

getda****outtaheah...

Back
Top Bottom