• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should BCP be outlawed?

Should BCP be prohibited, even for medical reasons?

• Yes - I am prolife

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Yes - I am prochoice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - I am prolife

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • No - I am prochoice

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters

steen

Lie Detector
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
There was a rather fascinating exchange in a tread in the Abortion forum:

Felicity said:
vergiss said:
Are you even against birth control when it's prescribed for medical reasons, such as to treat endometriosis?
If you're having sex...yes. Hormonal BC can act as an abortifacient.

What is your view on this?

I think this one got lost in the shuffle.:(

bump bump

i said no, i am prolife

Birth control pill.

Hell no, amongst other reasons, I need it to control chronic pain.

lol, of course not. Sex isn't a criminal activity lol.

When I read BCP the first thing I thought about was big coolant passage heads. :lol: I don't think BCP should be outlawed.

No, I don't think the BCP should be outlawed.

Think about it....if it were, we'd have even MORE abortions/unwanted pregnancies.

Many women take it for reasons other than as a contraceptive....why should they suffer because certain religious groups don't advocate its use?

I mean, other than for religious reasons, I don't see why a woman wouldn't use it if she didn't want to get pregnant or if her doctor prescribed it for other reasons.....

The BCP is possibly my favorite invention after bread and air.

Negative...

'Nuff Said.

Well, it looks like at least ONE prolifer voted that it should be outlawed.

steen said:
Well, it looks like at least ONE prolifer voted that it should be outlawed.
haha, no, the pro-choice person voted for banning BCP...:rofl

Backfired, didn't it?

Check again, bud.

Hornburger said:
haha, no, the pro-choice person voted for banning BCP...:rofl
OK, so I can't read:3oops:

Pro life but no there would be a huge increase in termination if it was.

RightatNYU said:
The BCP is possibly my favorite invention after bread and air.

LOL! So why do you like it so much? I would love to know.

If it's because it helps prevent pregnancy, I understand, but never rely solely on a woman who says she's on birth control pills. I know plenty of men who have been told that, and it wasn't true.

aps said:

If it's because it helps prevent pregnancy, I understand, but never rely solely on a woman who says she's on birth control pills. I know plenty of men who have been told that, and it wasn't true.

LOL I'm female and I happen to agree with Right on this... it's is the next best invention, but in my case, it's so I don't have to suffer with ovarian cysts... which the only way to remove them is surgery. I'm quite content to take my pill a day... even though my tubes are tied, therefore pregnancy isn't an issue.

aps said:

I dont know annnnnny girls who want to get preggers at this age. all the girls i know are more focused on law school than chillens.

plus they taste like candy, so they like em

RightatNYU said:
plus they taste like candy, so they like em

They do? Huh, I got cheated.

steen said:
There was a rather fascinating exchange in a tread in the Abortion forum:

What is your view on this?

Felicity is non compos mentis.

Need I say more?

Duke

So "BCP" is birth control pill ..
Why do you think that all posters know what these off the wall acronyms mean ??
Acronyms are not used in proper discussions..

Is typing out "birth control pill" that difficult ??

No, these pills must not be "outlawed", who is even thinking about doing such a mean/unnecessary thing ???

earthworm said:
So "BCP" is birth control pill ..
Why do you think that all posters know what these off the wall acronyms mean ??
Acronyms are not used in proper discussions..

Is typing out "birth control pill" that difficult ??

No, these pills must not be "outlawed", who is even thinking about doing such a mean/unnecessary thing ???

Go ask Felicity. :screwy

Duke

If we were to make contraceptives illegal....there would be a huge increase in population within a few years. Society in this country would likely suffer greatly both economically, and emotionally as a result. Lets face it,,,,every warm blooded "Normal" human enjoys orgasm, and sex....if there was the likelyhood of a child from every sexual encounter.....we would all esplode from pent up desire.

I would have commited suicide in tenth grade.

tecoyah said:
If we were to make contraceptives illegal....there would be a huge increase in population within a few years. Society in this country would likely suffer greatly both economically, and emotionally as a result. Lets face it,,,,every warm blooded "Normal" human enjoys orgasm, and sex....if there was the likelyhood of a child from every sexual encounter.....we would all esplode from pent up desire.

I would have commited suicide in tenth grade.

MURDER SUPPORTER!
DIE IN HELL MURDERER!
SINNER!

YOU WILL LIVE YOUR LIFE BY MY MORAL VALUES BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!!

Caine said:
MURDER SUPPORTER!
DIE IN HELL MURDERER!
SINNER!

YOU WILL LIVE YOUR LIFE BY MY MORAL VALUES BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!!

Whoa! You are starting to sound like my extended family!!

Duke

Back
Top Bottom