• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Australia Grant Asylum to White South Africans Due to Violence from Blacks

Should Australia Grant Asylum to White South Africans Due to Violence from Blacks?

• Total voters
Genocide Watch has theorised that farm attacks constitute early warning signs of genocide against White South Africans and has criticised the South African government for its inaction on the issue, pointing out that the murder rate for them ("ethno-European farmers" in their report, which also included non-Afrikaner farmers of European descent) is four times that of the general South African population.

A similar situation developed when India was partitioned into India and Pakistan by the British in 1947. A population exchange was necessary because Muslims were violently attacked by Hindus and they were impossible to live peacefully together. I think the waves of decolonization belatedly reached South Africa and white South Africans should be relocated to Australia as refugees. The Netherlands may be the first choice but Australia is the best alternative, where white South Africans could be culturally assimilated.

It was 1947, and the border between the new nations of India and Pakistan had just been created.

Salahuddin and his family found themselves on the Indian side of the border.

They were Muslims in a land dominated by Hindus and Sikhs.

"I heard a shriek. I turned and I saw a Sikh with a sword in hand and my sister was running," he recalls.

"First, they entered the room of my mother, killed her, then they ran towards us."

Salahuddin fled in fear. When he returned, his mother lay mutilated.

"It was just like … a slaughterhouse," he says.

Back then, Salahuddin knew little of the political events that foreshadowed the deaths of his mother and at least a million more people across the Indian subcontinent.

But it was people like him who endured the deadly aftermath of Britain's historic decision to relinquish its Indian empire and carve it into two new nations along religious lines.

Now, 70 years later, memories of the horrors that unfolded as Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs turned on each other, remain raw in the minds of those who survived.

Last edited:
So I don't consider white South Africans to be more important than Syrians.

Deal with it.

Neither do I. I think both should be assessed on their individual situations and granted asylum accordingly.

I have been advocating for equal treatment -- you were the one who seemed to think it was okay if South Africans died -- as long as they were white, of course.

Neither do I. I think both should be assessed on their individual situations and granted asylum accordingly.

I have been advocating for equal treatment -- you were the one who seemed to think it was okay if South Africans died -- as long as they were white, of course.

Wah! Everybody's out to get white people! Wah! :roll:

Some facts about life in South Africa-

•There were 19,000 murders in South Africa last year, more than in the United States, which has a population size 6 times as big as South Africa.

•1 in 3 women living in South Africa will be raped in their lifetime.

• HIV rates amongst South Africans are so high, that many women and children who survive being raped there are at enormous risk of being infected with the disease by their rapist.
------------------------

Australia granted 12,000 visas to Syrians due to extreme violence in their home country. Australia is a great country with only 24 million people. They should help white South Africans who need to get out of a hellish country.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/20...ricas-rape-problem-will-shock-you_a_23192126/

Did Australia grant asylum to black South Africans during apartheid? No. So they shouldn't grant asylum to white South Africans.

White South Africans still have an economic and social advantage oved (over???) black South Africans, so it's a silly question.
Different situations. The black South Africans have their choice among much of the African continent. Because of political correctness the whites have few other choices. Much like the Jews during the 1930's. So the right answer is "yes."

•There were 19,000 murders in South Africa last year, more than in the United States, which has a population size 6 times as big as South Africa.

• HIV rates amongst South Africans are so high, that many women and children who survive being raped there are at enormous risk of being infected with the disease by their rapist.
------------------------

Australia granted 12,000 visas to Syrians due to extreme violence in their home country. Australia is a great country with only 24 million people. They should help white South Africans who need to get out of a hellish country.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/20...ricas-rape-problem-will-shock-you_a_23192126/

As I understand the law having worked for a number of years on asylum in the US, the news article and the Aussie decisions had things more or less right. There has to be a connection between the intent of the persecutor and one's race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a social group. And there may be other criteria when the persecutor is a non-governmental entity. So if the attackers seem to be motivated by greed and not because the people were white, for example, their victims might not meet the definition of a refugee. In addition, though not obligated to, in the presence of horrific conditions, receiving governments may choose to protect citizens/residents of entire countries from return without an individual asylum interpretation. The US did this (granting "extended voluntary departure") in my professional time to Poles and Nicaraguans (and due to the Cold War and Reagan's heartlessness had to be dragged kicking and screaming to do it for Salvadorans.) But such blanket protection is generally granted to entire nationalities and not restricted by race. Countries are reluctant to do this because of their fear of becoming a magnet for mass migration, so they may set a date by which a foreign national must have entered, requiring others to file individual asylum claims.

"Clear as mud and twice as juicy," as my father used to say.

Here's the decision record from the Administrative Appeals Tribunal of Australia.

1504620 (Refugee) [2016] AATA 4343 (15 August 2016)

It appears that in the case involving the female and her Son, a Protection Visa was only applied for two years after a formal request for Permanent Residency was refused due to an administrative error in the completion of documentation provided to the Department. So, they did not apply for a Protection visa initially.

At the end of the day, the Tribunal found the applicant to be an intelligent and forthright witness. Her son has lived in Australia for most of his life. He's been educated here and he doesn't speak Afrikaans. Australia is all he knows.

It's all about what would be best for the young boy for me. Just let them stay.

In other words, you don't know if they applied.

Did you read the OP? Both South Africans who were denied asylum have experienced extreme violence. The imaginary white privilege you've bestowed upon them didn't save them from the savagery of life in S.A.

It doesn't matter if they applied as they wouldn't have been able to get there regardless due to the Apartheid government removing citizenship status from black South Africans and therefore removing the ability to get passports.

It doesn't matter if they applied as they wouldn't have been able to get there regardless due to the Apartheid government removing citizenship status from black South Africans and therefore removing the ability to get passports.

Then how did they get to the United States?

One would think a more likely location for asylum for South Africans would be The Netherlands.

From reading most peoples comments, I would say there is a fair amount of hysteria ongoing, but few people have the first ****ing clue about the history of, settlement of, and immigration to South Africa.

Wah! Everybody's out to get white people! Wah! :roll:

Interesting dodge. Very interesting.

If you ask me, you're more than just a little peeved that we pinned down your dislike of someone who is in need based on their skin color.

Do you simply not have the ability to emphasize with white victims?

It doesn't fit your narrow-minded narrative, does it?

Sounds to me like a case of lying in the bed you made. Who created this mess in South Africa?

Time for them to deal with it. And, good luck with that.

Interesting dodge. Very interesting.

If you ask me, you're more than just a little peeved that we pinned down your dislike of someone who is in need based on their skin color.

Do you simply not have the ability to emphasize with white victims?

It doesn't fit your narrow-minded narrative, does it?

Nope, it's a pretty typical conservative shriek at this point. Y'all live in a a fantasy world where no matter what happens, white people are always the "real" victims.

Luckily, nobody asked you to spew your fantasies or your halfassed justifications for apartheid("despite the fact that they were brutally oppressed in their own country, it was the Black South Africans killing everybody)

Nope, it's a pretty typical conservative shriek at this point. Y'all live in a a fantasy world where no matter what happens, white people are always the "real" victims.

Luckily, nobody asked you to spew your fantasies or your halfassed justifications for apartheid("despite the fact that they were brutally oppressed in their own country, it was the Black South Africans killing everybody)

Why do you keep going back to that false claim? No one said, especially not me, that white people are the "real" victims. You contrived that entire tale in your head.

I only asked for justification as to why people in danger of losing their lives in one area (Australia) should not be treated equally to people who are also in danger of losing their lives from Syria. You made some lame excuse about fleeing gas being worse than fleeing machetes, but you couldn't come up with an intelligent reason, so you gave that up and started deflecting and accusing others of racism.

The racism is all yours, my friend. Anyone who sees the value of life based on someone's skin color -- is part of the problem -- not the solution.

------------------------

Did Australia grant asylum to black South Africans during apartheid? No. So they shouldn't grant asylum to white South Africans.

White South Africans still have an economic and social advantage oved black South Africans, so it's a silly question.

One would think a more likely location for asylum for South Africans would be The Netherlands.

From reading most peoples comments, I would say there is a fair amount of hysteria ongoing, but few people have the first ****ing clue about the history of, settlement of, and immigration to South Africa.
The Netherlands are too Islamified.

No. White South Africans, upon arrival into Australia, continue to speak Afrikaans, keep their cultural and religious practices, and refuse to participate in Australian society in a meaningful way. They refuse to integrate, so they shouldn't be allowed in.

The Netherlands are too Islamified.

4% is hardly Islamified.
Islamicized enough that Ayaan Hirsi Ali, an apostate Muslim, was in mortal danger, and her film-making partner, Theo Van Gogh,was brutally murdered. See Provocateur's Death Haunts the Dutch - The New York Times.
No. White South Africans, upon arrival into Australia, continue to speak Afrikaans, keep their cultural and religious practices, and refuse to participate in Australian society in a meaningful way. They refuse to integrate, so they shouldn't be allowed in.
Is this true?

Argh!! I had this huge post that timed out... anyway... we have more and more white South Africans arriving here every year and they all quietly speak of the horror of living there. Murders. Rapes. Violence. Targetted at whites from blacks.

Where's your proof of any of that?

I had a bunch of South African friends in high school, their parents all formed a little social enclave.

That's pretty normal to do after migrating to a new country. They should be easier to assimilate than some of the other refugee groups living in Australia.

That's pretty normal to do after migrating to a new country. They should be easier to assimilate than some of the other refugee groups living in Australia.

No, isolated enclaves of minority groups with their own language and religion are bad.

No, isolated enclaves of minority groups with their own language and religion are bad.

In the period of 2015-2016, your country took in some 26,000 refugees, none of which were from South Africa, and all of which have cultural/language deficits. Almost half were Syrians. What's your take on this? Good or bad for Australia?

Back
Top Bottom