• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Anthony Fauci be fired?

• Yes

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • No

Votes: 49 79.0%

• Total voters
I'd ask if this is better but you will ignore anything that doesn't align to what you want to see.

I'll repeat what I said in my other response to you:

Heavily redacted and more than two years old.
Useless.

btw, I find it amusing that anyone can see Marshall's 2020 disclosure...but not Fauci's.

Given that Fauci has been the constant during this entire pandemic, should he be fired for his obvious and glaring mistakes?

I am sure there are a lot more qualified and younger doctors. He's 81-years old for goodness sake!
not only no, but hell no lol
also what obvious and glaring mistakes?

Thank god for Fauci and Doc/pros like him . . . without them America would be way worse on COVID than we are now.

Last edited:
Give us some examples?

We’re seeing a continuation of a feud from another political site, now defunct, but some of whose participants are now at DP.

Long story short, the snit is generally about Canadians criticizing the US, and in this particular case, a certain Canadian who winters in Florida — pandemics excepted.

Given that Fauci has been the constant during this entire pandemic, should he be fired for his obvious and glaring mistakes?

I am sure there are a lot more qualified and younger doctors. He's 81-years old for goodness sake!

I don’t agree that there have been obvious and glaring mistakes made by Dr. Fauci.

OK, he made a few mistakes in predicting the future and he is old, neither a cause for firing. He is sincere in what he is doing and capable. If COVID hadn't been politicized, we wouldn't even be aware of his existence.

We need sharp people in office. Cognitive sharpness. Not people on the decline

No. And I'd say, "Rand Paul should be castrated" - but - too late!

No.

I would like to see him retire on his own.

Who does manage the pandemic if I may ask because the advisor, Fauci has a higher salary than Biden FYI.
Fauci is the Director of NAIAD - which "oversees research to prevent, diagnose, and treat infectious diseases, immune-related illnesses, and allergies."

Nobody "manages" a pandemic. You probably mean to ask, "who manages the government's response to the pandemic?" That falls under many entities, both federal and state, which include directions from the Executive Branch - i.e. the president and state governors - logistics from various federal and state health agencies and, at times, even includes the National Guard. A lot also goes into data gathering, to provide a feedback loop to monitor the success/failure of those efforts to shift the emphasis as resource allocations change. Managing the government's response to a pandemic is a moving target, because a pandemic itself is a very dynamic thing.

Fauci is the Director of NAIAD - which "oversees research to prevent, diagnose, and treat infectious diseases, immune-related illnesses, and allergies."

Nobody "manages" a pandemic. You probably mean to ask, "who manages the government's response to the pandemic?" That falls under many entities, both federal and state, which include directions from the Executive Branch - i.e. the president and state governors - logistics from various federal and state health agencies and, at times, even includes the National Guard. A lot also goes into data gathering, to provide a feedback loop to monitor the success/failure of those efforts to shift the emphasis as resource allocations change. Managing the government's response to a pandemic is a moving target, because a pandemic itself is a very dynamic thing.

Fauci has a higher salary than the president of the United States. He advises the president. How often do you so an employee have a higher salary than his boss?

His mismanagement of the pandemic from the start?
He was never responsible for managing the pandemic - ever. He was responsible for analyzing the data and working with other health agencies (namely CDC and FDA) to give science-based suggestions on what responses should be. Had more people listened to the scientists instead of running around talking about "freedom," a lot more people would be alive today.

Fauci has a higher salary than the president of the United States. He advises the president. How often do you so an employee have a higher salary than his boss?
Which means **** all - respond to the points that someone makes, and stop moving goal posts.

Thanks.

Unless someone bothers to present some carefully laid out reasons as to why he is no longer worthy of holding his office, no. No he should not be fired.

But I will say, I think any biographies (or hagiographies) of the man should be put on hold until the man has passed away and his life's work can be looked at with a proper degree of objectivity rather than uncritical adulation or seething loathing.

1642134394542.png

Fauci has no power to manage anything. Here's merely an advisor.

From a liberal democrat:

Outside of J. Edgar Hoover's reign at the FBI, has there ever been another Washington bureaucrat who has wielded so much federal power over such an extended period of time as Dr. Fauci?

None that I can think of who’s been in office for that period of time. I don't think there's been any federal bureaucrat in history who has wielded this much power – he’s effectively locked down the global economy and militarized and monetized the response to COVID, taking it out of the public health realm and made it a pretense for clamping down totalitarian controls and for enriching pharmaceutical companies.

And it hasn't just impacted this nation – his protocols are followed across Europe and essentially resulted in the controlled demolition of democracy across the planet. The alteration of government structures and governing structures is unprecedented in history globally. The Great Depression did something like this in terms of precipitating the collapse of democracy in Italy and Spain and the Weimer Republic, but what we're seeing now is even more impactful.

He was never responsible for managing the pandemic - ever. He was responsible for analyzing the data and working with other health agencies (namely CDC and FDA) to give science-based suggestions on what responses should be. Had more people listened to the scientists instead of running around talking about "freedom," a lot more people would be alive today.

Can I ask you a question?

If you get cancer, wouldn't you want a second opinion from another doctor?

So when the great Fauci speaks, why do so many democrats take his word as gospel? This SOB said vaccinated people shouldn't visit their unvaccinated family and friends. He has said a lot of questionable statements and medical advice.

For example, he has said natural immunity does not exist, WTF? So people that have gotten covid do not have natural immunity? That's a medically false statement. I know people that have gotten covid and have been told by their doctors they indeed have natural immunity.

So when the great Fauci speaks, why do so many democrats take his word as gospel?

Nobody takes his word as 'gospel'. Maybe stay off of social media for a while, a'ight?

This SOB said vaccinated people shouldn't visit their unvaccinated family and friends. He has said a lot of questionable statements and medical advice.

Basically, he has said the unvaccinated should just get the damn shot. There's no problem then.

For example, he has said natural immunity does not exist, WTF? So people that have gotten covid do not have natural immunity? That's a medically false statement. I know people that have gotten covid and have been told by their doctors they indeed have natural immunity.

Then your doctors should explain why people get re-infected. Maybe it's not Dr. Fauci who's wrong but those other "doctors".

The overwhelming consensus here says no.

When you donate $50 to the fire Fauci fund, do you get your choice of the free MAGA hat, Trump U tee-shirt, decoder ring, and unrose colored glasses, or do they just send one?

Back
Top Bottom