• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should america ban far-right MAGA and paraphernalia symbols just like Germany bans far-right nazi symbols?

Should america ban far-right maga symbols just like Germany bans far-right nazi symbols?

• Yes

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • No

Votes: 51 91.1%

• Total voters
I don't like the MAGA movement or Trump but I also don't think banning them is the right move.
You have to beat them with better ideas and arguments.

Consider them exactly as we considered ISIS.... and do to them exactly what we did to ISIS.... just because they are white people, its time to stop with the "oh' well, let's give them a break".... Bullshit!!! They are TERRORIST engaging Treason!!!!! And should be deal with by the U.S. Policy of Dealing with Terrorist!!! This crap of trying to skirt the issue because its white people... is trying to still promote 'white privilege's" as an exemption, which is no different than giving them a pass to engage Terrorism and Treason.

Unfortunately I don't think the attack on the capital was enough to convince most of the right that Trump and his MAGA lunatics are truly the threat to America that they are.
we needed to see a few congress people and their aides strung up before the right would actually get the message.

This coming from a self described liberal who is inciting violence...by the way a liberal who was rightly suspended from this forum.

Consider them exactly as we considered ISIS.... and do to them exactly what we did to ISIS.... just because they are white people, its time to stop with the "oh' well, let's give them a break".... Bullshit!!! They are TERRORIST engaging Treason!!!!! And should be deal with by the U.S. Policy of Dealing with Terrorist!!! This crap of trying to skirt the issue because its white people... is trying to still promote 'white privilege's" as an exemption, which is no different than giving them a pass to engage Terrorism and Treason.

It's got nothing to do with race and everything to do with me not thinking violence is a good counter to violence.
The people who stormed the capital deserve to go to prison but banning the group as a whole will do nothing but make them feel even more strongly.

I'd say the same if Klingons stormed the Capital.

It's got nothing to do with race and everything to do with me not thinking violence is a good counter to violence.
The people who stormed the capital deserve to go to prison but banning the group as a whole will do nothing but make them feel even more strongly.

I'd say the same if Klingons stormed the Capital.
I said... "treat them exactly as we would ISIS Terrorist"... Now, just as people felt about destroying ISIS... they should feel the same about Destroying Domestic Terrorist. If not, one should ask themselves "why, do they make such differences in thought".

We all know if these were black people who created this Terrorist Treasonous Act... every Right Wing and person who call themselves Right Wing, Conservative, Libertarian, Centrist and maybe some Independents as well as some who add Liberal to their profile, they'd call for the people to be shot on site!!!! and even if they approached the Capitol Stems in such violent mass, with any attempt to even go inside the Capitol Building with gun's, zip times and whatever else they had including amour vest and etc.... they would have been machine gunned down.. with no thought or concern to try and white wash their intentions... They'd be called Insurrecting Traitors and white people would be up and dow the streets ready to attack every black person they see., and if they had some particular "color hat on"... they'd probably be attacked on first sight and called a terrorist without a second thought.

Last edited:
I believe we need to ban these symbols if we are going to move on from trumpism.
I don't disagree, but I don't think we can. We can't ban swastika's either. What we can do is make MAGA anathema, as we have the swastika.

MAGA=Swastika

If you see someone with MAGA hat on what do you think? How do you feel? Pretty similar to how you feel when you see the Swastika right?

Banning their symbols would just be more fodder for the meatheads. I like them advertising their ignorance, anyway.

Ban anything MAGA. Ideology must be purged from our democracy.

Too far. MAGA red hats are hardly a NAZI Swastika.

What we need is to introduce 74 million Trump followers to books and phycologists.
How 'bout books and proctologists?

I don't like the MAGA movement or Trump but I also don't think banning them is the right move.
You have to beat them with better ideas and arguments.

The problem is that they WERE beaten in the elections and do not want to admit that their ass was kicked in a very constitutional way through fair elections.

Some rioters might have wanted to kill someone but they sure weren't as specific as that asshole Griffin.
"Hang Mike Pence" is pretty damn specific. Especially since they were looking for him in the building.

You know what really needs to happen... is that Left Wing ******s need to stop being so ****ing offended by something that they say should be legal... burning the flag... wearing a MAGA hat... get over it. Grow the **** up.
Bodhi, you need to get your ******s straight. It's right wing ******s that get their panties in a wad about flag burning. Left wing ******s do the same about MAGA hats.

That is the very definition of Unamerican.In the most extreme context.
History will have a lot to say about that.That making America Great could be
construed as a Bad symbol.Like standing for the Pledge of Allegiance.
Like School choice.Like Marriage as an Institution.Like Gun Ownership.
Like Going to Church and God forbide praying.
Like Honoring the State is far more important and necessary than
Honoring one's Parents.?
This is what happens when a Country is infiltrated by nutbags.
Where ...
Logic is the Enemy and Truth a menace.
Not really. The swastika was an ancient religious symbol until the Nazi's claimed it. Make America Great Again is a false plea (when?) that has permanently been sullied by djt and his minions.

Trump only wishes he could have the same adoration and control Hitler wielded.
Trump differs from Hitler in the degree of his success, not in the direction of his ambition.

Bodhi, you need to get your ******s straight. It's right wing ******s that get their panties in a wad about flag burning. Left wing ******s do the same about MAGA hats.
Maybe because the water going down the drain swirls opposite of what it does here, that explains it.

Ahh... gotchya. ;)

Thank you.

Trump only wishes he could have the same adoration and control Hitler wielded.

Not sure why you would say something like that? It doesn't make you sound more reasonable.

Donald Trump's daughter is Jewish as are some of his grandchildren. Donald Trump has been the single most supportive President since Harry Truman recognized Israel as independent Jewish state.

Comparisons of Donald Trump to Hitler--- or any leader to Hitler, are pretty outragous. You might compare Trump's personality to Andrew Jackson, Teddy Roosevelt, or even LBJ. But comparisons to Hitler only destroy any credibilty you have to make any other points. It is just as ridiculous as when people compared Obama to Stalin. Stalin who murdered 20 million people.

Not sure why you would say something like that? It doesn't make you sound more reasonable.

Donald Trump's daughter is Jewish as are some of his grandchildren. Donald Trump has been the single most supportive President since Harry Truman recognized Israel as independent Jewish state.

I said Trump only wishes he had the same adoration and control Hitler had. Considering Trump is a textbook narcissist, that is a 100% reasonable take. It has nothing to do with Nazism and the Jews, so don't know why you would bring that up. Trump doesn't care about ideology, only power.

I said Trump only wishes he had the same adoration and control Hitler had. Considering Trump is a textbook narcissist, that is a 100% reasonable take. It has nothing to do with Nazism and the Jews, so don't know why you would bring that up. Trump doesn't care about ideology, only power.

Trump is a narcissist, which is either a personality flaw, or the very thing which people of his type of personality profile that propels them forward in politics or business, all depending on the degree, or how you look at it. I would argue that HRC shares many of the same narcissistic comparisons to Donald Trump, which would include entitlement, lack of empathy, and a clear propensity to always claim it wasn't her fault. I think Steve Jobs was like that too, although not a politician. There are many narcissist types in our world, but Hitler was a narcissist AND a psychopath. A Charles Manson type who actually realized his dream of absolute power. Trump is not a psychopath.

But that being said, I also would never suggest that either Trump or HRC only care about power to the level of someone like Adolph Hitler, which is why you should have never even mentioned that name. Because if Trump were truly as Hitler, then right now he would be "burning down the house" so to speak the way Hitler did. We really shouldn't be making Hitler references at all.

Trump is a narcissist, which is either a personality flaw, or the very thing which people of his type of personality profile that propels them forward in politics or business, all depending on the degree, or how you look at it. I would argue that HRC shares many of the same narcissistic comparisons to Donald Trump, which would include entitlement, lack of empathy, and a clear propensity to always claim it wasn't her fault. I think Steve Jobs was like that too, although not a politician. There are many narcissist types in our world, but Hitler was a narcissist AND a psychopath. A Charles Manson type who actually realized his dream of absolute power. Trump is not a psychopath.

But that being said, I also would never suggest that either Trump or HRC only care about power to the level of someone like Adolph Hitler, which is why you should have never even mentioned that name.

HRC and other politicians, celebrities, and businessmen I have my suspicions of narcissism, but I am rarely ever certain about any of them so I don't bring them up. Trump, however, is a textbook case. He lived such a pampered privileged life and his job allowed him to keep the mask off, so he never really learned or felt the need to disguise his narcissism.

I am not sure what you mean by you would never suggest they 'only care about power to the level of someone like Adolf Hitler.' You mean on the level of a dictator? I think most narcissists absolutely love the idea of being a dictator. The idea of being both loved and feared and having absolute power gets them off.

You were responding to someone else about Hitler and I only responded to your post. You are talking as if I brought him up.

Because if Trump were truly as Hitler, then right now he would be "burning down the house" so to speak the way Hitler did. We really shouldn't be making Hitler references at all.

I didn't say Trump is 'truly as' Hitler. I said Trump wishes he had the sort of power and adoration Hitler had. Considering his narcissistic personality, that shouldn't be considered a controversial statement.

Back
Top Bottom