• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should all cars sold in the United States be forced to do so through a dealership?

Should all cars sold forced to operate through a dealership?

• Yes. Any car commercially sold should done through a dealship as a matter of law

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If there's a willing buyer and wiling seller government should not interfere in car sales

Votes: 26 92.9%
  • other...

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
Re: Should all cars sold in the United States be forced to do so through a dealership

By your logic, you can purchase automobiles directly from the manufacturer...manufacturers own their own retail outlets centers, so buy from there...after all its the same company, it doesnt matter how they set it up to comply with the law right?

So where are the GM owned retail outlets? Ford? Honda? Toyota? I know where to buy direct from Dell but I will be needing a car soon so if you know where they have retail outlets owned by a car company I'd appreciate it if you let me know where one is.

Re: Should all cars sold in the United States be forced to do so through a dealership

I voted "OTHER" because while I like free enterprise I also like to SEE major items before I buy them.

I don't mean "see it on a video" either, I mean touch it, open the hood, do a test drive, ask questions...all BEFORE I decide to spend $60,000 on it.

I'm amazed at how many people have bought into this internet shopping deal. Maybe for small items that you don't mind wasting money on. However, for major items like electronics, appliances and CARS...don't you want to see what the friking thing can do BEFORE you buy it??? :twocents:

I feel your pain...or whatever it is :lol:. If I'm putting down a nice piece of change I'd want to see it too. However, in my humble opinion there's a difference between my choosing to see it before I buy a car and forcing everybody to buy a car through a third party dealership. Right not I can go down to Best Buy, tinker on their display models and pick up a new PC based on which one I liked the best. At the same exact moment somebody else can get on eBay and buy a PC if they're comfortable with online shopping and just because I like going down and tinkering with display models first there's no law that forces eBay, Amazon or whoever from selling merchandise they way they and their customers agree upon.

An important FYI: Tesla Motors does have a test drive request program that lets you schedule a test drive at one of their 40 something and growing Tesla Stores in North America. The difference is Tesla owns the stores themselves whereas in Texas the state government requires cars be sold through independent third party dealerships.

PS. The Tesla S doesn't have a "hood." In place of the hood, they have a "Frunk," which is a second trunk but in the front where old technology cars have a huge noisy engine. :cool:

tesla-model-s-exterior-frunk.jpg

So where are the GM owned retail outlets? Ford? Honda? Toyota? I know where to buy direct from Dell but I will be needing a car soon so if you know where they have retail outlets owned by a car company I'd appreciate it if you let me know where one is.

I gave you a link to both Chrysler & Ford owned dealerships in a previous post in this thread...Im not sure about GM...but what difference does it make whether or not you know where to purchase....by what you consider "factory direct" ... there are manufacturer owned auto dealerships.

By your logic and reasoning with DELL, you are buying from the manufacturers company so therefore by buying at a automakers owned dealership you are buying automobiles factory direct.

Back
Top Bottom