• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should ACLU be renamed the Liberal Taliban?

Should ACLU be renamed Liberal Taliban?

• YES

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • no

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
aps said:
Who's Colbert? I swear I just thought of it myself. Can I help it if I'm brilliant and creative? ;)

Steve Colbert. Of the Colbert Report.

Sure ya did.

You now Tenesse has a law stating that theory of evolution coouldn't be taught in schools. Who fought it? ACLU. A German American was convicted for being German during WWI. Who fought it? ACLU. ACLU has changed a number of things wrong with this country and has stopped it from becoming a christin fascism. Upton Sinclair once said fascism will come to america as a cross wrapped in a flag, and present day ACLU is fighting that

But what if one is not christian. Why should christians force their religion on the non christian. Did the group putting up the cross care to put in symbols from other religions? The problem is that you assume you are living in a christian nation. I have news for you you live in a nation were all religions are equal and valid under the law. To have a government agency favoring on religion over another is not equal treatment of other religions. If it were up to me I would wipe the face of the earth free of religion. Then we would be done with these stupid arguements.

Back
Top Bottom