• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should ACLU be renamed the Liberal Taliban?

Should ACLU be renamed Liberal Taliban?

• YES

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • no

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters

ptsdkid

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Just watching news tonight where a veteran member of the American Legion is in an all out fight with the ACLU. Liberal attornies for the ACLU are seeking to destroy a symbolic cross commemorating WWI soldiers that gave their lives for this country. The cross is some 15 miles off the beaten path somewhere in California.
We have all seen these liberal attornies go after Boy Scout Nation enmasse, as the scout's undoubtedly tresspassed into forbidden lands.
The ACLU is going after our Christianity on a daily basis. The list is long, so I'll just sit back and count up the majority of 'yes' votes to this question so we can then focus on teaching the Liberal minority how to change their wicked ways before they really do bring our country to it's knees.

KidTim

ptsdkid said:
The ACLU is going after our Christianity on a daily basis.
You have to be the most insecure Christian on this planet. Everything, everyday threatens your faith.

Your religion must be mighty weak if it is threatened all the time. MAybe your religion has PTSD too?:confused:

I voted yes even though I think it should be the "American Criminal Liberties Union." I'm also partial to the "American Communist Lovers Union."

ptsdkid said:
Just watching news tonight where a veteran member of the American Legion is in an all out fight with the ACLU. Liberal attornies for the ACLU are seeking to destroy a symbolic cross commemorating WWI soldiers that gave their lives for this country. The cross is some 15 miles off the beaten path somewhere in California.
We have all seen these liberal attornies go after Boy Scout Nation enmasse, as the scout's undoubtedly tresspassed into forbidden lands.
The ACLU is going after our Christianity on a daily basis. The list is long, so I'll just sit back and count up the majority of 'yes' votes to this question so we can then focus on teaching the Liberal minority how to change their wicked ways before they really do bring our country to it's knees.

KidTim
The ACLU is probably headed to your house right now to seize your Bible for dummies book.

Where's the "No, you inbred wanker!" option?

ptsdkid said:

KidTim

I have an honest question for you: Are you ****ing retarded?

ptsdkid said:

KidTim

They should be namedthe butt ****ing brady bunch who defends pedophilers nad mass murderers.

jamesrage said:
They should be namedthe butt ****ing brady bunch who defends pedophilers nad mass murderers.

The word is "pedophile" [or "paedophile", if you want to be technical].

They defend everyone's rights, regardless of whether or not they are paedophiles or killers - that is why they are rights. You can't just support rights for those that you agree with.

Engimo said:
The word is "pedophile" [or "paedophile", if you want to be technical].

They defend everyone's rights, regardless of whether or not they are paedophiles or killers - that is why they are rights. You can't just support rights for those that you agree with.

THe ACLU does not have to defend pedophilers.

jamesrage said:
THe ACLU does not have to defend pedophilers.

No, they don't. Their mandate, though, is to protect the rights of everyone. Yeah, paedophiles are terrible people, but they still have rights that deserve to be protected.

Do I think that the KKK is a terrible organization? Yes. Do I hate them? Yes. Do I support their civil rights? Absolutely.

Engimo said:
No, they don't. Their mandate, though, is to protect the rights of everyone. Yeah, paedophiles are terrible people, but they still have rights that deserve to be protected.

The only thing a pedophiler deserves is to be some cell mate's girl friend.

Do I think that the KKK is a terrible organization? Yes. Do I hate them? Yes. Do I support their civil rights? Absolutely.

They do not deserve to be in existance, they are a terrorist orginization.They have terrorized,tortured and murdered innocent people in the past.

jamesrage said:
The only thing a pedophiler deserves is to be some cell mate's girl friend.

The word is pedophile, like I said before. And, no, they have the same rights as anyone else - even if they are terrible people.

They do not deserve to be in existance, they are a terrorist orginization.They have terrorized,tortured and murdered innocent people in the past.

Perhaps in the past, but as of now they are simply an organization of bigots - they have every right to speak, no matter how much we disagree with them.

Engimo said:
The word is pedophile, like I said before. And, no, they have the same rights as anyone else - even if they are terrible people.

They are law breakers and the lowest form of life they do not need rights.They are criminals who should be put to death not coddled and understood.

Perhaps in the past, but as of now they are simply an organization of bigots - they have every right to speak, no matter how much we disagree with them.

BY your logic we should let Al-Qaeda walk the streets chanting death to jews,infidels,christians and apostate muslims,because all if them are not blowing up innocent people.

jamesrage said:
They are law breakers and the lowest form of life they do not need rights.They are criminals who should be put to death not coddled and understood.

They have the same criminal rights that all other criminals have. We can't violate those just because they are bad people.

BY your logic we should let Al-Qaeda walk the streets chanting death to jews,infidels,christians and apostate muslims,because all if them are not blowing up innocent people.

Er.. Well, no. Al-Qaeda is currently a terrorist organization that has recently committed atrocities. The KKK, on the other hand, has not done anything particularly bad in over 40-50 years.

Engimo said:
They have the same criminal rights that all other criminals have. We can't violate those just because they are bad people.

Are we even sure they are bad? I mean, there is more evidence that pedophilia is a disease. That is what I think it is.

Axismaster said:
Are we even sure they are bad? I mean, there is more evidence that pedophilia is a disease. That is what I think it is.

People that are insane still can get stuck in an insane asylum - it's not their fault that they are insane. Likewise, the fact that they are paedophiles does not mean that we don't have the right to incarcerate them.

Perhaps they're not fundamentally bad people, but are just driven by inherent desires that are beyond their control - in the case, I feel bad for them, but we still have an obligation to society to deal with them as to protect our citizens - but sitll within the bounds of law.

Axismaster said:

WTF over?Are you serious?These people are scum.They make the choice to have fudge packer sex with little timmy or molest little Suzy.Nobody stuck a gun to their head,they are fully aware that what they are doing is a crime and morally wrong.
****ing morons like you running around and calling it a desease only encourages these scum even more because of little dipshit morons go around calling it a desease to build sympathy to these vermin.Leave it to the "they were born that way" or "it is just a desease" crowd to excuse criminal behavior.

jamesrage said:
WTF over?Are you serious?These people are scum.They make the choice to have fudge packer sex with little timmy or molest little Suzy.Nobody stuck a gun to their head,they are fully aware that what they are doing is a crime and morally wrong.
****ing morons like you running around and calling it a desease only encourages these scum even more because of little dipshit morons go around calling it a desease to build sympathy to these vermin.Leave it to the "they were born that way" or "it is just a desease" crowd to excuse criminal behavior.

That may be a valid point, but there's no need to sound like a ****ing idiot while making it.

Engimo said:
That may be a valid point, but there's no need to sound like a ****ing idiot while making it.

This is not the "I had my balls Surgically removed" political forum website for sensative girly men and sensitive women,you must have wandered to this site by mistake.

jamesrage said:
This is not the "I had my balls Surgically removed" political forum website for sensative girly men and sensitive women,you must have wandered to this site by mistake.

No, it's not, which is why I can call you a vapid **** without remorse.

jamesrage said:

My balls are probably 1000 times the size of yours anyway. The reason? Because your arguments are presented in the most cowardly ball-less fashion imaginable!

I would vote for the name AL CUAEDA. ;)

Engimo said:
You stole that from Colbert, you hack.

Who's Colbert? I swear I just thought of it myself. Can I help it if I'm brilliant and creative? ;)

Back
Top Bottom