• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Short Voting Survey

mixedmedia said:
Nor can I resist temptation... much. And I dedicate this song to GySgt and teacher.

These are truly wonderful words. I've taken the liberty of shortening it into a prayer. I'll be reciting it at Thanksgiving dinner. All will clap and cheer....

"We may not be perfect, but heaven knows we try
We give them money-but are they grateful?
No, they're spiteful and they're hateful
They don't respect us-so let's surprise them
We'll drop the big one and pulverize them
Europe's too old, boom Paree
They all hate us anyhow
Oh, how peaceful it will be"

And now, an animated illustration...

:surrender :afraid: :blastem: :2dancing:

Wow, I should write childrens books. It's beautiful.

teacher said:
Check this Gunny. Notice who she puts together. Someone has REALLY been reading. Maybe. About time. Why did she pick you and I, the one who is lock step with my line of thinking? And visa versa. Though I said it first. Gunny can enunciate it. As can I. Though I say say "House of Saud" and "War of attrition" in other words. Thank you, mixedmedia. Normally I leave Gunny to say what I think, feel, know. He gives me the freedom to go off and draw silly pictures and such. How is it that from my few posts on this matter you have discerned that Gunny and I are of a like mind? Very astute. Or is it a pot shot in the dark? Let me know. Was it a while ago when I challenged Gunny to put into text our thoughts on this matter in the shortest amount of words? Fewest words while conveying the overall jist wins?

Are you worthy mixedmedia?

Of debate?

Logic?

Facts?

I welcome your input. But understand, men rule the world. This topic starts there. Reality. No feelings. Gunny's killed people. I beat a man into the pavement recently. That's the world girl. Ready?

We will talk of war. Former military and presently enlisted. And you.

War.

Don't jerk my chain.

Well, um, I'm not sure what brought all this on.

One need not be more than a casual participant in this forum to see that GySgt and yourself have a "special" relationship.

I am always ready to debate my beliefs, thoughts - my version of the logic phenomenon - those ideas that click for me. Am I worthy? How very arrogant of you to ask. Well, of course I am.

Lots of people in prison have killed and beaten people, too. Are they more worthy of my respect than those who have not? This is a forum, a place for ideas. I could care less how "tough" anyone thinks they are.

And if I wanted to "jerk your chain" I'd ask you to repeat your post above, but this time in the manner of Sean Connery. How 'bout it?

Age - 35
Gender - Male
Occupation - Professiona assassin
Town and state where you live(state only if you don't want to disclose town) - Toledo-ish Ohio

1. Do you vote regularly? Why or why not?
Yes. Because its our civc duty

2. Why do you think almost 50% of the voting population does not vote?
Indifference and ignorance

3. Do you usually vote a straight-party ticket or do you vote based on the candidate's issues? Are you a Republican, Democrat, or an Independent?
I generally, but not always, vote for Republicans.

4. Should everyone be required to vote? Why or why not?
No. You have a right to not exercise your rights.

5. How important are television and other forms of campaign advertising in determining for whom you will vote? Explain.
None. Campaign advertisements are for those who don't otherwise pay attention. I pay attention.

6. Do people who don't vote have a right to complain about the government? Why or why not?
They have a right, they simply have no standing.

mixedmedia said:

One need not be more than a casual participant in this forum to see that GySgt and yourself have a "special" relationship.

I am always ready to debate my beliefs, thoughts - my version of the logic phenomenon - those ideas that click for me. Am I worthy? How very arrogant of you to ask. Well, of course I am.

Lots of people in prison have killed and beaten people, too. Are they more worthy of my respect than those who have not? This is a forum, a place for ideas. I could care less how "tough" anyone thinks they are.

And if I wanted to "jerk your chain" I'd ask you to repeat your post above, but this time in the manner of Sean Connery. How 'bout it?

In laymans terms.......I think he just told you to shut up, and make him a pot pie!:shock:

historyproject said:
38 I think

historyproject said:
Male

historyproject said:
Occupation -
hired muscle

historyproject said:
Town and state where you live(state only if you don't want to disclose town) -
VA

historyproject said:
1. Do you vote regularly? Why or why not?
Early and often

historyproject said:
Lack of impact of their vote

historyproject said:
3. Do you usually vote a straight-party ticket or do you vote based on the candidate's issues? Are you a Republican, Democrat, or an Independent?
Issues when I know them, anti-incumbent when I don't. Republican

historyproject said:
4. Should everyone be required to vote? Why or why not?
No. Enforcement more trouble than it's worth and not voting is a vote of sorts.

historyproject said:
5. How important are television and other forms of campaign advertising in determining for whom you will vote? Explain.
I'm pretty much an internet only sort of guy.

historyproject said:
6. Do people who don't vote have a right to complain about the government? Why or why not?
Sure. I complain about foreign governments all the time.

Last edited:
Deegan said:
In laymans terms.......I think he just told you to shut up, and make him a pot pie!:shock:

Well, he can truly kiss my ass then.

GySgt said:
These are truly wonderful words. I've taken the liberty of shortening it into a prayer. I'll be reciting it at Thanksgiving dinner. All will clap and cheer....

They all hate us anyhow

:surrender :afraid: :blastem: :2dancing:

Why mess with perfection, GySgt? Don't quit your day job...whatever that is....ripping throats open with your bare hands or swallowing live IEDs, I imagine.

mixedmedia said:
Why mess with perfection, GySgt? Don't quit your day job...whatever that is....ripping throats open with your bare hands or swallowing live IEDs, I imagine.

Actually, while in this command (higher HQ..yuck), I will spend much of my time here in the States with few exceptions, taking advantage of the down time and finishing up my degree, and spending a lot of time (aside from actual work) on the Internet wasting time.

Your tax dollars at work. Thanks!:2wave:

GySgt said:
Actually, while in this command (higher HQ..yuck), I will spend much of my time here in the States with few exceptions, taking advantage of the down time and finishing up my degree, and spending a lot of time (aside from actual work) on the Internet wasting time.

Your tax dollars at work. Thanks!:2wave:

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em, GySgt. Figuratively speaking.

historyproject said:
I'm not sure where else this should go...so it's here.

For my history class, my teacher gave everyone a survey for people to fill out about voting. If you don't want to give certain criteria, then leave that part blank. Thanks!

Age - 41
Gender - M
Occupation - Sales & Marketing
Town and state where you live(state only if you don't want to disclose town) - CA

1. Do you vote regularly? Why or why not? No. Neither the Democrat nor Republican party represent my views. I believe both major parties are doing a disservice to the country, but clearly my view is in the minority which means voting won't change that.

Additionally, there is the issue of literacy and education, while we can all vote, ~ half this country has a low level of literacy and is largely uneducated to begin with, never mind being able to understand and fully comprehend the issues.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=143750&postcount=10

Dishonesty of politicians, lack of leadership in political parties, no good candidates, their issues or position on issues aren't represented in the major parties, lack of interest, belief that the vote doesn't count ie. pop. vote vs. electoral, lack knowledge in the relationship between government and their lives or a belief that it has little impact.

Last time I voted...some 20yrs ago, it was based on the issues. I had registered as Independent in my youth, but have no political affiliation today. My views though not exactly the same as, would be closest to, the Libertarian party.

4. Should everyone be required to vote? Why or why not? No. There's enough uneducated people voting on sound bites and emotion than on the issues, we don't need more. What we do need is a literate, educated, voting population that votes on all the issues instead of the 2 or 3 major issues the political parties have come to represent.

For me personally, I do the research as opposed to what the candidates advertise. I'm in marketing, I'm well aware of the power of marketing to influence the general public.

It's called free speech.

skullbones2004.gif

teacher said:
Check this Gunny. Notice who she puts together. Someone has REALLY been reading. Maybe. About time. Why did she pick you and I, the one who is lock step with my line of thinking? And visa versa. Though I said it first. Gunny can enunciate it. As can I. Though I say say "House of Saud" and "War of attrition" in other words. Thank you, mixedmedia. Normally I leave Gunny to say what I think, feel, know. He gives me the freedom to go off and draw silly pictures and such. How is it that from my few posts on this matter you have discerned that Gunny and I are of a like mind? Very astute. Or is it a pot shot in the dark? Let me know. Was it a while ago when I challenged Gunny to put into text our thoughts on this matter in the shortest amount of words? Fewest words while conveying the overall jist wins?

Are you worthy mixedmedia?

Of debate?

Logic?

Facts?

I welcome your input. But understand, men rule the world. This topic starts there. Reality. No feelings. Gunny's killed people. I beat a man into the pavement recently. That's the world girl. Ready?

We will talk of war. Former military and presently enlisted. And you.

War.

Don't jerk my chain.

One word. Priceless.

They all hate us anyhow

One word. Priceless.

One word. Retarded. Do you see the difference in evaluations and performances? Ok just want to make sure. :2wave:

mixedmedia said:

At least its a much more respectable day job than yours which is making sure your 14yr old daughter doesnt accept anymore long distance collect calls. :rofl

SKILMATIC said:
At least its a much more respectable day job than yours which is making sure your 14yr old daughter doesnt accept anymore long distance collect calls. :rofl

[Moderator mode]

Are you done?

[/Moderator mode]

SKILMATIC said:
Yep, I think she got the point. :rofl :2wave:

You mean the point that you probably shouldn't be left alone with hammers or sharp, pointy things? Yeah, I got that.

mixedmedia said:
You mean the point that you probably shouldn't be left alone with hammers or sharp, pointy things? Yeah, I got that.

Yep becasue thats all I would need to build a very elaborate device that would be able to kill alot of people. :rofl

mixedmedia said:
Duh.

Yea, we both see the need for serious ass whuping to take place so soft people can enjoy their freedoms.
Or did you mean "special" like sissy-boy and galenrox? Classic.
I am always ready to debate my beliefs, thoughts - my version of the logic
There's only one "version" of logic.

phenomenon - those ideas that click for me. Am I worthy? How very arrogant of you to ask.
You know me.
Well, of course I am.
Then come up with your own material.

Lots of people in prison have killed and beaten people, too.

Not for defending others. See where this is going yet?

Sean Connery

I do a mean Sean Connery. How'd you know. And is that you in the avatar picture? If it is...my we are proud of our self, aren't we?

teacher said:

Don't worry, it's okay. It passes.

Yea, we both see the need for serious ass whuping to take place so soft people can enjoy their freedoms.
Or did you mean "special" like sissy-boy and galenrox? Classic.

I did not mean special in any way other than a fraternal one. As much as I disagree with GySgt at times, I respect him. He is straightforward.
I do not know this sissy-boy and galenrox only in passing.

There's only one "version" of logic.

Yours no doubt.

You know me.

Not really.

Then come up with your own material.

Who's material do you suppose I'm coming up with?

Not for defending others. See where this is going yet?

People defend others in ways that are not violent, too. I do not respect them any less than those who do so with violence. Nor you anymore. I do not know you, who you are, what you do. Yet I am supposed to offer you my respect? Take a hike.

I do a mean Sean Connery. How'd you know. And is that you in the avatar picture? If it is...my we are proud of our self, aren't we?

It's Carol Landis. And no, I am not particularly proud of myself. Yet another difference between you and I.

Back
Top Bottom