• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shorewood Police arrest teen suspected of stealing chicken nuggets

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Shorewood High School: Shorewood Police arrest teen suspected of stealing chicken nuggets - WITI

WITI-TV, SHOREWOOD - Sharing or trading food during school lunchtime is not unheard of, but sharing landed one teenager in police handcuffs.

the cafeteria cashier told the Assistant Principal Adam stole the chicken nuggets. The Assistant Principal then told the police officer in the school

Adam was issued a municipal citation for theft and a $170.00 fine

Amazing. Simply amazing. Hopefully there weren't any bank robberies or drunk drivers when this was going on. It is so screwed up that the state will work this hard to prosecute the sharing of school lunch. Hey, I helped someone move a few weeks ago and in return they made me lunch that was paid for by their federally assisted aid. Should I turn myself in for theft? Why isn't the friend being prosecuted for being an accessory to this crime?

I think that principal should be be bitch slapped several times. I feel sorry for the police officer who had to come to school to arrest someone accused of stealing school cafeteria chicken nuggets. You know he was probably thinking "out of all the dumb **** to call me down for". Plus you know he's the one that looks like a douche-bag for arresting a kid accused of stealing 50 cents to a dollar's worth of nuggets.

I think that principal should be be bitch slapped several times. I feel sorry for the police officer who had to come to school to arrest someone accused of stealing school cafeteria chicken nuggets. You know he was probably thinking "out of all the dumb **** to call me down for". Plus you know he's the one that looks like a douche-bag for arresting a kid accused of stealing 50 cents to a dollar's worth of nuggets.

Nuggets that would have otherwise been thrown away, since the friend said that he was not eating meat at that time.

This is really stupid.

What would the charge be if the nuggets were thrown away? It's just so bizarre to me.

Kid voluntarily gives kid federally funded nuggets: Recipient of nuggets gets charged with theft.

Kid throws nuggets away: No theft, therefor no crime but the federally funded nuggets are wasted. Good nothing they didn't get stolen through voluntary transaction between two people.

I have a question. If someone trusted property to someone else and this person makes an illegal sale or trade of this property, who would get in trouble? Unfortunately it's different because in the hypothetical scenario there was probably a clause against such a thing in a contract where as the Government will just create law that is all encompassing, affecting every potential party whether or not they've consented to anything or not.

$170? THEY'RE CHICKEN NUGGETS, DUDE.

Ha, thought this was my high school, but it's in the wrong state. XD

Back
Top Bottom