• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shop owner sees spike in gun sales...

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Bellefonte, Centre County, Pa.

A gun shop owner in Centre County says that he has sold between 13,000 and 15,000 semi-automatic rifles on his website since the Orlando mass shooting.

His website is linked with dealers across the United States that sell these types of firearms.

Shop owner sees spike in gun sales - Story | WeAreCenralPA

And that is only one store, out of thousands across the US.

Bellefonte, Centre County, Pa.

A gun shop owner in Centre County says that he has sold between 13,000 and 15,000 semi-automatic rifles on his website since the Orlando mass shooting.

His website is linked with dealers across the United States that sell these types of firearms.

Shop owner sees spike in gun sales - Story | WeAreCenralPA

How does a stand alone shop have 13K rifles in stock that he can sell in two days. That makes no sense to me and I know quite a bit about the business. That's more stock than some place like Ellet Brothers or Accu-sport keeps in stock

And that is only one store, out of thousands across the US.

The biggest dealer in Southern Ohio might have 150 total AR style rifles in stock at any one time. now a big distributor might have a thousand but very few retail stores have anywhere near that. It doesn't make sense normally to have that much cash in one type of firearm

How does a stand alone shop have 13K rifles in stock that he can sell in two days. That makes no sense to me and I know quite a bit about the business. That's more stock than some place like Ellet Brothers or Accu-sport keeps in stock

He is talking about an online store. He would still have to be taking orders for rifles he doesn't have in stock, though because no way he has that many.

But even then, it must be a typo.

He is talking about an online store. He would still have to be taking orders for rifles he doesn't have in stock, though because no way he has that many.

OK that makes more sense and you are most likely correct. its nothing more than a drop ship brokerage. Funny thing-I was at two shops twice in the last couple days. Saturday-to pick up a CZ custom for my son to use-it didn't arrive due to a UPS F-up I also reserved a 9mm PSA AR 15 (this was before the nonsense started) for shooting steel since it takes a much easier to obtain and load GLOCK mag rather than a modified UZI mag (and most of my events require no more than 10 rounds in the magazine to make things even for those using other brands that are often 10 rounds or less)

Then to a range yesterday to shoot the new rifle (its a huge gun shop) and then back yesterday to the other shop to pick up the pistol. Very few ARs were being sold though the big range had a prior advertised special on some ARs including Anderson lower receivers and those were selling well-mainly due to the special pricing

The biggest dealer in Southern Ohio might have 150 total AR style rifles in stock at any one time. now a big distributor might have a thousand but very few retail stores have anywhere near that. It doesn't make sense normally to have that much cash in one type of firearm

Maybe he has a source that can rush the product to him.....

OK that makes more sense and you are most likely correct. its nothing more than a drop ship brokerage. Funny thing-I was at two shops twice in the last couple days. Saturday-to pick up a CZ custom for my son to use-it didn't arrive due to a UPS F-up I also reserved a 9mm PSA AR 15 (this was before the nonsense started) for shooting steel since it takes a much easier to obtain and load GLOCK mag rather than a modified UZI mag (and most of my events require no more than 10 rounds in the magazine to make things even for those using other brands that are often 10 rounds or less)

Then to a range yesterday to shoot the new rifle (its a huge gun shop) and then back yesterday to the other shop to pick up the pistol. Very few ARs were being sold though the big range had a prior advertised special on some ARs including Anderson lower receivers and those were selling well-mainly due to the special pricing

The "80% Lower" market is growing fast. I know several folks now who are making them................................................for personal use of course.

Maybe he has a source that can rush the product to him.....

hard to say but 13K ARs in two days just doesn't make sense to me

I used to represent the then two biggest volume dealers in SW Ohio and no way they had inventory like that NOR DID any of their suppliers which included some of the biggest in the country like Accu-sport or Southern Ohio Gun or Ellett Brothers. of course that was before internet type brokerage where you can say order a gun from BudsGunshop (one of the biggest "online" dealers) and the firearm is then shipped by the maker to your local retail dealer and buds gets their cut

The "80% Lower" market is growing fast. I know several folks now who are making them................................................for personal use of course.

I just saw one on a major dealer's site for a GLOCK 17- The 3D printing market plus the ever increasing availability of second hand CNC machinery from the Aerospace industry is going to cause the Bannerrhoid efforts all kinds of headaches even though the main goal of the Bannerrhoid movement is not to get rid of guns but to get rid of above ground legitimate gun use so as to get rid of the main reason why people join and support pro gun organizations

hard to say but 13K ARs in two days just doesn't make sense to me

I used to represent the then two biggest volume dealers in SW Ohio and no way they had inventory like that NOR DID any of their suppliers which included some of the biggest in the country like Accu-sport or Southern Ohio Gun or Ellett Brothers. of course that was before internet type brokerage where you can say order a gun from BudsGunshop (one of the biggest "online" dealers) and the firearm is then shipped by the maker to your local retail dealer and buds gets their cut

I like Buds, Free Shipping, great inventory and an easy website for people to navigate. Palmetto Gun Armory also has great deals and free shipping.

Buds says the product comes out of their warehouse and on to UPS.

As for the 13K...ya, it must be a typo...

I like Buds, Free Shipping, great inventory and an easy website for people to navigate. Palmetto Gun Armory also has great deals and free shipping.

They say the product comes out of their warehouse and on to UPS.

As for the 13K...ya, it must be a typo...

I have bought stuff from them when my three favorite dealers cannot get it. In fact, the one I use for receiving the stuff turned me on to them when I wanted a Miculeck Competition shotgun-Buds had them and they didn't. They don't charge me for the transfer but i always pay their fee anyway since they have done me all kinds of favors (getting me a sponsorship back when I was a good IPSC/USPSA shooter for example)

I have waited a few weeks for stuff from buds-generally because someone else got the last one they had in stock.

I have bought stuff from them when my three favorite dealers cannot get it. In fact, the one I use for receiving the stuff turned me on to them when I wanted a Miculeck Competition shotgun-Buds had them and they didn't. They don't charge me for the transfer but i always pay their fee anyway since they have done me all kinds of favors (getting me a sponsorship back when I was a good IPSC/USPSA shooter for example)

I have waited a few weeks for stuff from buds-generally because someone else got the last one they had in stock.

I've had delays too, but they have speeded up lately.

As for Jerry Miculeck....what a great guy! Flogger ought to go out with Jerry sometime and get infected! :lamo

I've had delays too, but they have speeded up lately.

As for Jerry Miculeck....what a great guy! Flogger ought to go out with Jerry sometime and get infected! :lamo

Now that would be a cultural clash for the ages. Sort of like HRH Queen Elizabeth going to the prom with Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols!

Back
Top Bottom