• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shootings reported at Florida nightclub

Florida nightclub shooting: Two dead and 16 injured in Fort Myers

Two people have been killed and up to 16 more injured after a shooting at a nightclub in the Florida city of Fort Myers, police say.

Officers are at the nightclub, which was reportedly hosting a party for teenagers. Victims have not been identified.

Police have detained one person of interest in connection with the shooting.

The attack happened around 00:30 (04:30 GMT) on Monday morning at Club Blu.

Local broadcaster WINK says that witnesses at the scene described the club as a "mad house". All injured victims are reportedly in hospital.

Florida nightclub shooting: Two dead and 16 injured in Fort Myers - BBC News

I just heard one of the victims is 12 years old. What the hell was a 12 year old doing at a club at 12:30 in the morning. I know it was a teen night at the club, but some of these parents should be prosecuted for child abuse.

I just heard one of the victims is 12 years old. What the hell was a 12 year old doing at a club at 12:30 in the morning. I know it was a teen night at the club, but some of these parents should be prosecuted for child abuse.

There are all sorts of overnight events that are friendly to that age group, some are run by the local schools or the YMCA.

From this article:
"We are deeply sorry for all involved," the club wrote on its Facebook page.
"We tried to give the teens WHAT WE THOUGHT WAS A SAFE PLACE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME. Ages 12-17. There was armed security as well as full security, inside and out.

"As the club was closing and parents were picking their children up ..... that's when all this took place," the statement continued. "There was nothing more we could of done az you see it was not kids at the party that did this despicable act."

At least 2 dead in Fort Myers club shooting following teen party - NY Daily News

How does a "parent" say "OK" to their 12 year old being out at 1AM? Maybe if the bars close at 2AM they planned on picking their kids up after if the kids would agree to stand on the street for an hour after their party ended and drive home with drink mommy and daddy.

How does a "parent" say "OK" to their 12 year old being out at 1AM? Maybe if the bars close at 2AM they planned on picking their kids up after if the kids would agree to stand on the street for an hour after their party ended and drive home with drink mommy and daddy.

Apparently the club was closing for the night when the shooting happened about 12:30 AM .The parents were picking up their 12-17 year olds when the shooting occurred in the parking lot.

Please see my previous post with link on this thread.

Last edited:
The news just said it is gang related and three are in custody. All shooters and victims are African American that explains why children were out at 1AM.

The news just said it is gang related and three are in custody. All shooters and victims are African American that explains why children were out at 1AM.

Did not take long for someone to bring race into this..

I bet you that there are White and Asian children out at 1 AM all over the US...

HEY! Keep race out out it unless it's white people. Democrats NEED that 90% bloc!

It was mostly a teenage party.

"Victims, ages 12 to 27, began arriving at Lee Memorial Hospital around 1:30 a.m., according to Cheryl Garn, a hospital spokeswoman.

“Sixteen people were treated in the trauma center and emergency department,” she said in a statement. “One victim expired at the hospital.”
Four remained at the hospital, one in critical condition, while the others were treated and released. Two additional patients were treated and released from other hospitals, officials said."

A flier promoting the party:

CoMobO1WgAAegpG.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/26/us/fort-myers-club-blu-shooting.html?_r=0

first thing

no way in hell i would have let my 12, 13, 14 yr old daughter go to a party with that flyer

no id check? bathing suits? in a club? can i put my daughter in a more precocious situation?

who wants to bet that nothing nefarious happened in the club with minors?

they might not have been serving alcohol, but i bet drugs were present

just a REALLY REALLY bad idea unless i myself was chaperoning....

and even then, not sure.....

12-27 ages....yeah, nothing bad gonna happen there

:shock:

Child abuse, really?

Holly ****, this post is disgusting.

first thing

no way in hell i would have let my 12, 13, 14 yr old daughter go to a party with that flyer

no id check? bathing suits? in a club? can i put my daughter in a more precocious situation?

who wants to bet that nothing nefarious happened in the club with minors?

they might not have been serving alcohol, but i bet drugs were present

just a REALLY REALLY bad idea unless i myself was chaperoning....

and even then, not sure.....

12-27 ages....yeah, nothing bad gonna happen there

:shock:
Club Blu

1 hr ·

"We are deeply sorry for all involved. We tried to give the teens WHAT WE THOUGHT WAS A SAFE PLACE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME. Ages 12-17. There was armed security as well as full security,inside and out. As the club was closing and parents were picking their children up.....that's when all this took place. There was nothing more we could of done az you see it was not kids at the party that did this despicable act. Our condolences to all parties involved."

Gawd awful parenting....

This explains so much about so many things.

You should have a good kick in the happy sacks!!

Kids are supposed to have the occaisional party!

Club Blu

1 hr ·

"We are deeply sorry for all involved. We tried to give the teens WHAT WE THOUGHT WAS A SAFE PLACE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME. Ages 12-17. There was armed security as well as full security,inside and out. As the club was closing and parents were picking their children up.....that's when all this took place. There was nothing more we could of done az you see it was not kids at the party that did this despicable act. Our condolences to all parties involved."

so you are okay with your 12 yr old daughter going to a nightclub dressed in a bathing suit, mixing with 17 year high school seniors?

i must have missed that part in parenting 101

and i raised 3 kids who are all grown now

You should have a good kick in the happy sacks!!

Kids are supposed to have the occaisional party!

sure with other 12, 13, and maybe 14 yr olds

when you mix in high school kids, all bets are off

that is just plain STUPID

It was mostly a teenage party.

"Victims, ages 12 to 27, began arriving at Lee Memorial Hospital around 1:30 a.m., according to Cheryl Garn, a hospital spokeswoman.

“Sixteen people were treated in the trauma center and emergency department,” she said in a statement. “One victim expired at the hospital.”
Four remained at the hospital, one in critical condition, while the others were treated and released. Two additional patients were treated and released from other hospitals, officials said."

A flier promoting the party:

CoMobO1WgAAegpG.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/26/us/fort-myers-club-blu-shooting.html?_r=0

Nowhere on that flyer does it indicate it was a 12-17 party, nor that it was an exclusive teen party. One of the victims was 27.

There are all sorts of overnight events that are friendly to that age group, some are run by the local schools or the YMCA.

Apparently this was not an overnight but a party where the patrons were turned out on the street at 12:30.

Interesting that most of the focus is on the parents of victims and not the dirtbag gunman or men.

Their skin explains them being out at 1:00AM? Is that what you are saying?

I find it curious that when a story is about black kids that the usual suspects come in and start blaming black parents. Kind of like the kid that got away at the zoo into the gorilla cage. Blame the parents.

Interesting that most of the focus is on the parents of victims and not the dirtbag gunman or men.

scumbag shooters are everywhere it seems nowadays

as adults, i guess that is the 800 lb gorilla in the room that we now face

but i think that we as adults, and as parents, we can try to limit the exposure we put our kids in on a daily basis

we cant protect them 100% of the time....but there are certain precautions that one can take

send a 12yr old girl to that party to me was BAD parenting....period

i dont care how much of a hissy fit she would have thrown....

15 yrs old, and then with baited breath, on anything like that.....

so yeah, on this one, i am putting a LOT of the blame square on the parents

Back
Top Bottom