• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shootings, looting and rioting

Everyone on here has heard this often enough from those on the right. If I were stuck inside, out in middle of bum **** america and could only read things on here and watch fox news, I would think american cities all over the country are on fire and every business is being looted and burned.

Next the dems will be telling people what kind of car they can drive and how many hamburgers they can eat. What savages.

So here's the thing. From what I understand these are all americans in the streets protesting. Can we agree upon that? If the answer is yes, where is our president to help resolve this problem? He isn't trying to help, if anything everytime he speaks he inflames the situation. Our president. Where is the leadership? Why doesn't he call these horrible dems together and forge a plan with his iron leadership to help? No, he threatens to cut off federal money. Send in the troops to crush the evil protesters who keep burning and looting and shooting. Be afraid.

This my republican counterparts is how the rest of the country views our president and sadly it's just fine with y'all.

More stupid crap.

Trump didn't start this violence, and if anything, it's you and every liberal on here that is promoting the looting , burning, and murders by the assholes that make up BLM and Antifa.

Negotiations? Are you serious? These people want destruction, not negotiation. Arresting every last one of them is the only thing that will stop it. They have no regard for law whatsoever and need to be treated like the anarchist rabble they are.

Nobody wants destruction, thats utterly silly to suggest. They want to be heard and feel that they have exhausted all other possibilities.

Everyone on here has heard this often enough from those on the right. If I were stuck inside, out in middle of bum **** america and could only read things on here and watch fox news, I would think american cities all over the country are on fire and every business is being looted and burned.

Next the dems will be telling people what kind of car they can drive and how many hamburgers they can eat. What savages.

So here's the thing. From what I understand these are all americans in the streets protesting. Can we agree upon that? If the answer is yes, where is our president to help resolve this problem? He isn't trying to help, if anything everytime he speaks he inflames the situation. Our president. Where is the leadership? Why doesn't he call these horrible dems together and forge a plan with his iron leadership to help? No, he threatens to cut off federal money. Send in the troops to crush the evil protesters who keep burning and looting and shooting. Be afraid.

This my republican counterparts is how the rest of the country views our president and sadly it's just fine with y'all.
Thats one big broad brush being used in this OP. Just in case you need a reminder, the first amendment allows for (peaceably assembling) to petition the government for a redress of grievances. But yes, you are correct the looting, arson, violence and blatant attacks on law enforcement isn’t happening in every city it seems to be isolated to the liberal dumpsters that are the home base for the democrats.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for peaceful marches and protests. But the new norm is that those legitimate venues more often than not get taken over by BLM and antifa punks or just criminals looking to loot stores once the sun goes down. I find it amusing that the OP is attempting to disparage folks for there geographic location. Here’s something to consider, There’s a whole lot of America outside the urban centers. It’s also (extra) amusing that the OP tries to frame those millions as not informed with current events.

Here’s something for liberals to ponder, Maybe it’s you that’s not informed, It’s a stone cold fact that the liberal MSM is under-reporting or not reporting the carnage and increased crime in over a dozen major cities in the US.

Nobody wants destruction, thats utterly silly to suggest. They want to be heard and feel that they have exhausted all other possibilities.

Nonsense. $500 million in damages just in Minneapolis. Destroying the businesses of people you don't know and who are innocent of any wrongdoing is pure criminality, nothing more or less. These people aren't protesters. They're revolutionaries. They want overthrow not moderate change. As such, they are enemies of the country and its citizens.

Joe Biden said he would implement a nation-wide lockdown if elected. Because we should have the same policy in Bismark ND and Little Rock, AR as New York and LA, despite having VASTLY different populations and infection rates.

Context is important. You left out, "if deemed necessary", "I would listen to the scientist"

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said he would do "whatever it takes" to combat the spread of coronavirus within the country — including locking down the U.S. if deemed necessary.

“I would shut it down; I would listen to the scientists,” Biden told ABC’s David Muir
Biden says he'd lock down country if spread of coronavirus warranted it - POLITICO

Context is important. You left out, "if deemed necessary", "I would listen to the scientist"

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said he would do "whatever it takes" to combat the spread of coronavirus within the country — including locking down the U.S. if deemed necessary.

“I would shut it down; I would listen to the scientists,” Biden told ABC’s David Muir
Biden says he'd lock down country if spread of coronavirus warranted it - POLITICO

Which scientists would Joe listen to? Epidemiologists? They will always advocate for a complete lockdown. Because all they care about is stopping the virus.

Will Joe also listen to psychologists and sociologists? They will argue for not locking down due to the intense mental strains that the lockdown has produced. Suicides are way up this year and the ongoing riots are undoubtedly also related to millions of people stuck in their homes.

And will Joe also listen to the economists? They will also argue against lockdowns which are catastrophically bad for the economy.

And of course Joe conveniently ignores the fact that the president DOESN'T HAVE THE POWER to lock down the whole country. People claim that Trump is the most fascist president we've ever had? Who's being an authoritarian dictator-wannabe now?

Joe is again trying to play both sides here. To have his cake and eat it too.

Nonsense. $500 million in damages just in Minneapolis. Destroying the businesses of people you don't know and who are innocent of any wrongdoing is pure criminality, nothing more or less. These people aren't protesters. They're revolutionaries. They want overthrow not moderate change. As such, they are enemies of the country and its citizens.

That is just your paranoia and media bubble, I suggest you watch the march for police reform today if you want to see what these people really want.

The people out rioting and looting want destruction. Don't kid yourself.

The people out rioting and looting want destruction. Don't kid yourself.

They want to be heard. There may be a vanishingly small number of people but it is less than 1% I expect

They want to be heard. There may be a vanishingly small number of people but it is less than 1% I expect

They want to destroy and they are going out of their way to tell you.

Try listening to their actual words.

They want to destroy and they are going out of their way to tell you.

Try listening to their actual words.

I have looked at all sides of this, have you?

Seems like they are doing okay without any help from Trump.
As long as they can keep their numbers up enough to muster 4 or 5 male thugs to beat one woman to death as needed I don't see a problem .
Now if it gets to the point that they can only muster 2 or 3 BLM men to beat the crap out of woman then I can see the president having to help .
That is unless the 2 or 3 BLM males have availed themselves of sturdy 2x4's to beat the lone woman with .
That changes the whole dynamic.
woman beaten.jpg

Why doesn't he call these horrible dems together and forge a plan with his iron leadership to help?

He did. They expressly told him to **** himself.

I have looked at all sides of this, have you?

There are multiple layers to this, yes.

The opportunity for meaningful reform is being taken away by the violence and destruction, though.

There are multiple layers to this, yes.

The opportunity for meaningful reform is being taken away by the violence and destruction, though.

I disagree, there are any number of historical situations where there may have been riots that lead to positive outcomes ... a great example is the original meaning of labor day

I believe it because it is true and it is unfortunate that reality scares you.

The issue is because of police overindulgence so using police will not necessarily stop it. There needs to be negotiations to stop this for good. Trump has shown no interest in that.

Yeah, because rioters (and lefties in general) are not responsible for anything they do, ever. Your hate boner for anything right has rotten your reasoning abilities. Bet you’ve never seen fault in anything a lefty does.

I disagree, there are any number of historical situations where there may have been riots that lead to positive outcomes ... a great example is the original meaning of labor day

First you blame Trump for riots then argue riots are actually good. :lol:

First you blame Trump for riots then argue riots are actually good. :lol:

If the problem were addressed better at the outset we wouldn't be in this situation.

Yeah, because rioters (and lefties in general) are not responsible for anything they do, ever. Your hate boner for anything right has rotten your reasoning abilities. Bet you’ve never seen fault in anything a lefty does.

Please show me where I said they aren't responsible. In fact I have gone out of my way in multiple threads to mention that there is blame to go around.

Please show me where I said they aren't responsible. In fact I have gone out of my way in multiple threads to mention that there is blame to go around.

Yeah, by claiming it’s all only Trump’s fault.

Yeah, by claiming it’s all only Trump’s fault.

At this point I am beginning to question your ability to comprehend what you read. When I have clearly stated that I believe there is blame to go around.

If the problem were addressed better at the outset we wouldn't be in this situation.

Yeah, never mind the Dem governors and mayors that did nothing to quell them and resisted Trump’s help to spite him. But yeah, lefties are never the ones at fault for anything are they?

Yeah, never mind the Dem governors and mayors that did nothing to quell them and resisted Trump’s help to spite him. But yeah, lefties are never the ones at fault for anything are they?

At this point you have deviated from my point that I already stated that there is blame to go around and dug in further. I guess you can't understand what you read. Perhaps your blood sugar is low?

At this point I am beginning to question your ability to comprehend what you read. When I have clearly stated that I believe there is blame to go around.

What “blame” have you ever put on a lefty? If Trump “owns” the rights than it’s him you’re blaming. Duh.

At this point you have deviated from my point that I already stated that there is blame to go around and dug in further. I guess you can't understand what you read. Perhaps your blood sugar is low?

Lol, I knew you wouldn’t have anything. But yeah, Trump owns the riots....nobody else.

Back
Top Bottom