• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

shooting in shopping centre, Munich-Germany[W:111. W:209]

Chagos

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
First emergency call to police came in about an hour ago.

Informations very unclear as yet but ranging from one to several dead, many injured.

Whole area around the centre (near the Olympic stadium) cordoned off and buyilding evacuated but reports vary between perpetrator still being inside building and having escaped.

The Munich subway has ceased operations completely.

By current account of eye witnesses one perpetrator.

Meanwhile police spokeswoman refers to "multiple perpetrators".

CNN is reporting that the attack is over and only lists one fatality. Hopefully, this is one of the attackers.

Main railway station closed (being evacuated), all trains to Munich have stopped, public transport (buses, trams underground) stopped.

Number of perps now named as three, all on the run.

6 dead (so far).

GSG9 (special force of Mogadiscio fame) en route to Munich.

Total confusion in that the shopping complex has apparently not yet been searched into its last corner. Perps could still be in there.

But much of what's on the tube is contradictory.

6 dead (so far).

GSG9 (special force of Mogadiscio fame) en route to Munich.

Total confusion in that the shopping complex has apparently not yet been searched into its last corner. Perps could still be in there.

But much of what's on the tube is contradictory.

Every website I go to is reporting something different.

I'm following a live-ticker in German. So far confirmed 11 dead, 3 suspects still at large. Munich has been flooded with police and locked down. People are told to stay inside and avoid public areas. All trains have been stopped and anyone leaving on the autobahn is searched.

German: München: Anschlag auf Einkaufszentrum, Polizei spricht von "Terrorverdacht", drei Täter bestätigt
English (google translate): https://translate.google.com/transl...cklungen-liveblog-31702758&edit-text=&act=url

Every website I go to is reporting something different.
Yeah, I get at least 3 German news channels via Satellite down here (Spain) and they're all in conflict over the news.

Bet bet so far appears to be French agency AFP, everything they've reported much earlier has found confirmation so far.

One thing I find strange... is that the first shooting was with a hand gun.. a pistol... that is all but confirmed via video.

One thing I find strange... is that the first shooting was with a hand gun.. a pistol... that is all but confirmed via video.
There's two vids, one of them outside the McDonalds and one shooting from a flat roof and both with "just" handguns.

Very strange

5 dead now officially confirmed, unspecified number of injured, some heavily.

Watching a police spokesman in a live press conference and he's just confirmed death toll to have risen to 6.

Sometimes I feel sorry for these guys when all the press knows more than they do.

Germany has one of the lowest murder rates in the world. I wonder what's going on here? Mass attacks in Germany are rare, aren't they?

~ one shooting from a flat roof and both with "just" handguns.

Very strange

An hour ago the BBC news reporter watching that video said people had shouted to the man in the second video who had replied "I am German."

Same reporter now saying the man spoke in very clear unaccented German.

5 years ago today = Breivik was wandering around that island in Norway killing 80+ victims.

An hour ago the BBC news reporter watching that video said people had shouted to the man in the second video who had replied "I am German."

Same reporter now saying the man spoke in very clear unaccented German.

5 years ago today = Breivik was wandering around that island in Norway killing 80+ victims.

Yes it is..

And more and more evidence coming out that it is in fact German born man/men who are against foreigners.. which means far right terror. But it is only speculation based on some facts, and again it is far more than we have on it being "islamist" terror.

I think that it is the anniversary of Breviks attack is significant.. but we shall see.

Yes it is..

And more and more evidence coming out that it is in fact German born man/men who are against foreigners.. which means far right terror. But it is only speculation based on some facts, and again it is far more than we have on it being "islamist" terror.

I think that it is the anniversary of Breviks attack is significant.. but we shall see.

Are the dead Muslims? That might give us a hint. In the video I saw there were plenty of Muslims, as indicated by their attire.

There's already been so much crap going around the net that I won't contribute beyond anything that at least looks as coming from proper source.

There was apparently already a mass panic at the "Stachus" square (Karlsplatz) when some moron tweeted news about armed men opening fire there.

The social network dumb-brains are now posting info on where the police are putting up roadblocks.

Of course, spree shooters don't tweet :roll:

~ The social network dumb-brains are now posting info on where the police are putting up roadblocks ~

The police have asked for local people not to post onto social media.

Are the dead Muslims? That might give us a hint. In the video I saw there were plenty of Muslims, as indicated by their attire.

The Nice truck guy killed 30 muslims among his victims so there's no hint yet or accuracy in guessing by victim.

What is fact is that the police have not stated any reason or identity for who is behind the attack.

Yes it is..

Well, the Nice attacker "wasn't an Islamic terrorist" based on some trivial technicalities, according to many commenters.

I hope that you afford the same standards of judgement to these suspects.

The police have asked for local people not to post onto social media.

The Nice truck guy killed 30 muslims among his victims so there's no hint yet or accuracy in guessing by victim.

What is fact is that the police have not stated any reason or identity for who is behind the attack.

All sounds like Rightwingaphobia. Best you have that looked at.

Oh, and your source that confirms 30 dead Muslims in Nice please.

Last edited:
Prepare to abandon thread

CNN reporting that witnesses heard shouts of "allahu Akbar" made by gunmen.

Last edited:
All sounds like Rightwingaphobia. Best you have that looked at.

That's a rather stupid comment. I simply said the police have not confirmed motives and now there is greater information on BBC that the McDonalds guy shouted some anti immigrant stuff before opening fire.

~ Oh, and your source that confirms 30 dead Muslims in Nice please.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/world/europe/nice-truck-attack-victims-muslims.html?_r=0

Muslims mourn their dead after Bastille Day truck attack in Nice

Now, remember that next time I ask you a question. Instead of running away and letting others answer for you - step up to the plate and be a man.

Back
Top Bottom